hacefrio
+4|6285
I have not made any changes regarding anything and all of a sudden I am getting weird mouse lag, server connection issues and joystick trouble. 

Mouse (Logitech G5): It is over sensitive when I am playing infantry and it seems to be very jumpy.  Much harder to line up shots than before.  When I get into some vehicle, tank, chopper, car then the mouse returns to a far lower sensitivity.  It is almost impossible to do well in a tank because it takes 10 years to swivel the turret 180'.  I found a temp. solution by turning the sensitivity in the vehicle settings way up..5 or something but even then it is still tough.

Joystick (Saitek Cyborg Evo):  When I get into a jet or a chopper, either vehicle will start to turn randomly, a slight or hard turn to either side.  In a plane, machine gunning is out of the question because there is no way I can focus fire on a target.  Also whenever I fly the J10 specifically it wobbles and shutters, mix that with random turns to the right or left for a fun effect.

Connection Issues: I was having major issues connecting and staying connected to servers but after a manual PB update those issues have become less prominent, thought i should mention it anyway.

So help if you can...so close to ranking to and now it is going slower than ever.

P.S.  The joystick issue may be unrelated, I was getting similar problems a while back with the whole random turning thing.  Might just need a new one.
hacefrio
+4|6285
help
krAzi
+17|5997|Some Strange town
it might or might not help but try updateing display driver...
hacefrio
+4|6285
tried it already
BLACKCODE
+1|6770|Germany
maybe u got hacked... lol
Fateless
+36|6283|Jennifer Connellys Pants
If updating PB helped a little, check to see if both PnkBstrA/B are started as a service on your pc. If not go through these steps, even if you have done before:

1. Manually update your punkbuster using pbsetup.exe (just to be safe)

2. Download pbsvc.exe from PB.

3. Run it, select the uninstall option.

4. Run it again, select the install option.

5. Reboot if you want, just in case. I didn't and it worked fine for me.

PBSETUP: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

PBSVC: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

It may not help, but its something you can try...

Fateless.
hacefrio
+4|6285
ill try. keep the advise coming
hacefrio
+4|6285
gimme gimme morrre
AlienWrath2121
+7|6353|Behind you with a large rifle
can we assume you've tried calibrating your joystick to correct the problem with it?
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6761|Scotland

AlienWrath2121 wrote:

can we assume you've tried calibrating your joystick to correct the problem with it?
try and adjusting the dead zone. I had the same problem with a Force Feedback joystick, piece of crap.

srsly though, update drivers and correct dead zones.
dont_be_ss
+312|6635|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
Try a new Windows update, New framework etc.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6148|Birmingham, UK

BLACKCODE wrote:

maybe u got hacked... lol
Do you honestly wonder why you have 0 karma?

Anyways, sorry dude, i can't help you, when i had lag issues, it was a torrent running while i was playing, that caused lag in all aspects of gameplay...
Fateless
Tried Control panel options for your mouse/joystick? Perhaps Add/Remove Hardware to reinstall both those devices from scratch? How about going into the in game options and resetting back to default to see if there's a difference? Hit it with a large stick?
hacefrio
+4|6285
Hah. Large stick has crossed my mind many times but I'm not sure why I didn't try reinstalling the hardware yet.  I found some good joystick calibration software which should be able to correct the deadzone on my joy.  But reinstalling the mouse seems to be the best thing atm.
Fateless

hacefrio wrote:

Hah. Large stick has crossed my mind many times but I'm not sure why I didn't try reinstalling the hardware yet.  I found some good joystick calibration software which should be able to correct the deadzone on my joy.  But reinstalling the mouse seems to be the best thing atm.
Good plan. Let us know how you get on mate.
hacefrio
+4|6285
Well it seems as though my graphics card may have fried so I cant test anything atm.  Sigh* I guess I'll start another topic for that one.
Fateless

hacefrio wrote:

Well it seems as though my graphics card may have fried so I cant test anything atm.  Sigh* I guess I'll start another topic for that one.
Damn, thats gotta hurt. Are you sure its your gfx card?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard