usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

Whats the main appeal for you guys?
I say the same about WoW and other stuff.  Just depends what tickles your nuts I guess.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
I wanna get it but my comp is shit
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

usmarine2005 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

I say the same about WoW and other stuff.  Just depends what tickles your nuts I guess.
And this doesn't just tickle my nuts, it gargles them.

The other day I flew from JFK Intl to Orlando Intl.  Perfect takeoff and landing, and I had it on AutoPilot at 30K feet 300 knots while I watched Die Hard on TV. It's incredibly realistic.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

The other day I flew from JFK Intl to Orlando Intl.  Perfect takeoff and landing, and I had it on AutoPilot at 30K feet 300 knots while I watched Die Hard on TV. It's incredibly realistic.
Die hard isnt realistic numbnuts.

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

The Sheriff wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

You are a /fail

You know what I'm talking about.
Dragonclaw
+186|6307|Florida

The Sheriff wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Nutgargle
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

usmarine2005 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

True, but I dont like Wow either lol.

So what is it that tickles your nuts about it?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

bennisboy wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

It's just incredibly realistic and you can fly any plane you want (via download), any where, any time, any day, any season.

Just before I did a flight from JFK Intl in Jamaica, NY to Logan Intl in Boston. It's just...so fun.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6572|Portland, OR, USA

Poseidon wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

It's just incredibly realistic and you can fly any plane you want (via download), any where, any time, any day, any season.

Just before I did a flight from JFK Intl in Jamaica, NY to Logan Intl in Boston. It's just...so fun.
Where do you download from?  My downloads aren't liking vista 64 very much..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Where do you download from?  My downloads aren't liking vista 64 very much..
www.flyawaysimulation.com

I'm having some problems as well....the skins won't show up on some.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
I've just dug out my yoke and re-installed FSX!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

Downloading now
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Guis who got the pirate version, is there a crack for the service pack?  Or shall i not bother downloading it?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6629|Los Angeles, California, US.

rdx-fx wrote:

FSX + Acceleration pack (Microsoft) + Mission Blackhawk (Abacus)

Chicago, USA

GameSpy ID : Raadix
Added.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

Whats the main appeal for you guys? It seems kinda like aimless flying, is there more to it?

N the graphics look shocking on averything except the plane
I have the same opinion of the Flight Simulator series. The only one that I actually enjoyed was the old-school 'Combat Flight Simulator'... and that was because, well, there was actually combat. I understand there's no place for dogfights and all that sort of excitement in FSX, but really- how are people ENTERTAINED by flying in a straight-line with autopilot on for 5 hours? Especially with the graphics that this game has (i.e. awful). People are paid lots of money to fly planes because it demands skill and is an absolute chore, so why do people get hard-ons over flying a computer version over poorly rendered terrain? Judging from the Wake Island screenshots, the game hardly offers breath-taking visuals or jaw-dropping views out from the window of your trusty Cessna.

Before in the past, I have really tried to get into this sort of game. It's not even that I don't have the patience, it's just that I find nothing 'fun' or 'entertaining' in it at all. Fair enough to those of you that do... I'll go back to my childish flashing lights, pewpew guns and fantasy characters .

Last edited by Uzique (2008-01-11 06:31:08)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6644|can

Uzique wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

Whats the main appeal for you guys? It seems kinda like aimless flying, is there more to it?

I have the same opinion of the Flight Simulator series. The only one that I actually enjoyed was the old-school 'Combat Flight Simulator'... and that was because, well, there was actually combat. I understand there's no place for dogfights and all that sort of excitement in FSX, but really- how are people ENTERTAINED by flying in a straight-line with autopilot on for 5 hours? Especially with the graphics that this game has (i.e. awful). People are paid lots of money to fly planes because it demands skill and is an absolute chore, so why do people get hard-ons over flying a computer version over poorly rendered terrain? Judging from the Wake Island screenshots, the game hardly offers breath-taking visuals or jaw-dropping views out from the window of your trusty Cessna.

Before in the past, I have really tried to get into this sort of game. It's not even that I don't have the patience, it's just that I find nothing 'fun' or 'entertaining' in it at all. Fair enough to those of you that do... I'll go back to my childish flashing lights, pewpew guns and fantasy characters .
https://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6286/loladlk0.jpg
Lulz.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Uzique wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

It looks really boring.

It's not supposed to be an extremely fun game. Free Flight is for wannabe pilots like myself (and real pilots too who play this game a LOT) who want to learn the tricks of the trade of flying an aircraft. It's DEAD ON realistic. I flew from JFK International in NY to Orlando International the other day. Why was it fun? Because it felt like I was actually flying a real aircraft and when I landed successfully, it made me feel as if I could (and probably will) become a pilot one day. If you can fly a 3 hour flight successfully in FSX, you can most likely do it in real life. It's called "Simulator" for a reason. It's not "FLY PLACES AND KILL LOTS OF PEOPLE...X'.

If you want fun in the game, fly the missions. Loopy Larry (landing on a moving school bus) is one of the most frustrating (yet fun) missions i've ever played in my entire life. Mile High Club in CoD4 and the Strider level of HL2: Episode 2 are the only ones I've played that are more frustrating. But once you beat it, it's like  "HOLYSHITYESWTFHAXHOWDIDOTHAT". Such an awesome feeling.

As for the graphics, they're amazing. I have mine set to ultra-high and the view of the water is almost identical to real life. It looks JUST like it does when you're in a 747 and you look out your window and see the ocean below. It's not really possible for the cities to have close-up completely realistic details of each building because 1) this game would take like 10 years of development to implant it into EVERY SPOT IN THE WORLD in the game 3) it'd probably take like 8 gigs of RAM to run and 3) the game would be like 50gb big. When I'm around 20-30K feet in the air flying over the rockies, they DO look realistic. It's just, once you get close-up they kind of get a little less real looking.

This isn't a game like Crysis where there's a limited area of gameplay and there can be realistic graphics everywhere. It's an open world. Literally! You just can't have life-like visuals in a game like this.
colonelioan
+14|6458|Kanada
Its nice to see people that like flying here.

I would come with pleasure but i do not own FSX and never will, i prefer my FS9

Mod:  Removed flame.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6694|England
OMG i love FSX - flew from New York to Heathrow in the PMDG 747X (Lush plane) - but i still haven't got around to buying acceleration yet.

DaReJa wrote:

BF2s NameFSX MP NameLocationExpansion Pack?
---- ---- ---- ----
Canadianloser<canadianloser3Canada?
DaReJaAlho.StCalifornia - United StatesYes
PoseidonPoseidon417New York - United States?
CommieChipmunkcommiechipmunkOregon - United StatesYes
rdx-fxRaadixChicago - United StatesYes

Anyone Else?
Anyway, add me dudes PhilW893 - London - no to acceleration

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard