RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6554|Area 51

3GB PC6400 RAM > 2 HD's in RAID 0, graphics on high/lightning on medium/shadows off = fast loading times!
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6527|Internetfitlerland

0akleaves wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

0akleaves wrote:

hehe i have a secret method that gets me within the nearest 3 spawns on all maps with jets took lots of work and am i fook sharing, most of the time on wake this means i spawn nearest the f35 and for the z-10 i spawn behind it or behind the uav (example)

btw vub doesnt matter which kit or how quick u select the spawn point i tried that.
lies
ok, i'l keep doing what gets me the jet 90% of the time on 1st spawn and keep racking up those jet hours while you wonder how i do it.
lolk

~Smokey~ wrote:

lies
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6618|The Netherlands
the answer is M95
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6636
It's random.

Although if there are more spots that are farther from the jet than closer you will increase your chances of getting the closer spots if you wait a second for other people to spawn in those farther spots.
phd_in_destruction
while(1) { fork() }
+2|6143|MI

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

You best have XP 64-bit or Vista Ultimate, because anything else won't detect the fourth stick. So in all reality you have three gbs, which is still killer, but you have one stick just doing zero.

I've tested it. My dad has 4 sticks, each 1 gb and XP 32-bit only detects 3. Bill Gates, at his best.
The issue with 4 gigs of ram only showing up as ~3 has to do with XP being 32 bit, not the fact that XP is a 'hog' or that Bill Gates doesnt know what he is doing.  Its not 'not being detected' either, it just can't be addressed.

Last edited by phd_in_destruction (2008-01-06 07:03:05)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6424

HellHead wrote:

RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The more and the faster your RAM is, the faster your  map will load and the faster you will sit in your desired vehicle.
I just upgraded to 4 gigs and I´m always among the first 4 players spawning. Every map, 64 players.
Hard drive speed is actually a bigger factor into loading than RAM. RAM allows for faster loading but what's the use of having all that RAM if you can't access the data off your hard drive fast enough?
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6179|Bay Area, CA

Fat_Swinub wrote:

HellHead wrote:

RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The more and the faster your RAM is, the faster your  map will load and the faster you will sit in your desired vehicle.
I just upgraded to 4 gigs and I´m always among the first 4 players spawning. Every map, 64 players.
Hard drive speed is actually a bigger factor into loading than RAM. RAM allows for faster loading but what's the use of having all that RAM if you can't access the data off your hard drive fast enough?
Exactly true.

I have two gigs of overclocked ram but the one new piece of hardware that started getting me loaded in before almost everyone else in a server was a 10,000 rpm Raptor for my main drive.

You can try to get two in a RAID config to try to squeeze a second or two out but that's all you will get for a much higher cost. I have a rich boy clan mate that had four Raptors in RAID 0+1 and he would load in about a second or two before me.

If you aspire to be a vehicle whore you should save those pennies and upgrade your main (os) hard drive first and your ram second.
0akleaves
+183|6602|Newcastle UK
so if all that bs about ram is true how come with 1gb a shit cpu and a really old ide hard drive do i load in before the timer is over and i can do my little method?
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6316|Australia

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

HellHead wrote:

Exactly true.

I have two gigs of overclocked ram but the one new piece of hardware that started getting me loaded in before almost everyone else in a server was a 10,000 rpm Raptor for my main drive.

You can try to get two in a RAID config to try to squeeze a second or two out but that's all you will get for a much higher cost. I have a rich boy clan mate that had four Raptors in RAID 0+1 and he would load in about a second or two before me.

If you aspire to be a vehicle whore you should save those pennies and upgrade your main (os) hard drive first and your ram second.
QFT

Ever since i got my single 74GB raptor drive I'm always one of the first on the server. On some occasions I've taken off before the second person has spawned.

As for somehow always getting the spawn closest to the jet, you can't do it as far as I know.

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2008-01-06 09:23:49)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6591
ye i think its your RAM speed.
trust me i have experience.
I have 512 mb of ram and im always last to spawn -_-.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6137|San Antonio, Texas

phd_in_destruction wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

You best have XP 64-bit or Vista Ultimate, because anything else won't detect the fourth stick. So in all reality you have three gbs, which is still killer, but you have one stick just doing zero.

I've tested it. My dad has 4 sticks, each 1 gb and XP 32-bit only detects 3. Bill Gates, at his best.
The issue with 4 gigs of ram only showing up as ~3 has to do with XP being 32 bit, not the fact that XP is a 'hog' or that Bill Gates doesn't know what he is doing.  Its not 'not being detected' either, it just can't be addressed.
It was something like that. I only read a little into it. 64 bit can detect all 4 gbs. I was just joking about Bill Gates and XP being a RAM hog. Vista's the RAM hog.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

0akleaves wrote:

so if all that bs about ram is true how come with 1gb a shit cpu and a really old ide hard drive do i load in before the timer is over and i can do my little method?
ssshhh, no one believes you
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6468|Sheffield-England
Use sniper on wake

Always works for me
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6210|Finland

HellHead wrote:

RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The bigger and faster car you have, the faster you will ram the bastard and take the jet.
Just got the fast car, Wheyyyy got the jet

Joking, i never ram people, i usually take the other jet / chopter, or go to drive around with my car
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6137|San Antonio, Texas

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

HellHead wrote:

RAM - That is the only true and valid answer. The bigger and faster car you have, the faster you will ram the bastard and take the jet.
Just got the fast car, Wheyyyy got the jet

Joking, i never ram people, i usually take the other jet / chopter, or go to drive around with my car
XD Well-spoken!
Wallpaper
+303|5983|The pool
I have a 7200 rpm laptop harddrive, and just upgraded to 2 gigs of ram from 1. Now I am one of the first to spawn . Its great to be able to get the chopper on Sharqi
HSG
+23|6463|British Columbia, Canada

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

They know exactly where to stand. It's usually in the middle of the hangar, but it varies map-to-map.

Also, hold down "E" and look up. Some reason, it works.
I look down and it works for me.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6681|Calgary
i know this!!

Its ALT - F4 right before you spawn 

That'll get ya that precious jet
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6484|Sydney, Australia

Superslim wrote:

i know this!!

Its ALT - F4 right before you spawn 

That'll get ya that precious jet
Oh really! I'm going to go and try that now...

[5 minutes later] Superslim, you're going to be Superdead really soon!

Last edited by Vub (2008-01-07 15:02:47)

voodoodolphins
+92|6692

0akleaves wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

0akleaves wrote:

hehe i have a secret method that gets me within the nearest 3 spawns on all maps with jets took lots of work and am i fook sharing, most of the time on wake this means i spawn nearest the f35 and for the z-10 i spawn behind it or behind the uav (example)

btw vub doesnt matter which kit or how quick u select the spawn point i tried that.
lies
ok, i'l keep doing what gets me the jet 90% of the time on 1st spawn and keep racking up those jet hours while you wonder how i do it.
ohhhh that is a very convincing argument there.......Tell it so we can see if it is true......I am 100% sure of teh fact that it is random be my guest and prove me wrong.....otherwise I have to go with smokey and say: Lies
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5973|Perth, Australia
Hahahaha. I was about to suggest that he post a video. Then i realised how retarded that would be as he could spawn any number of times until he got the right one. These holidays have just destroyed my brain.

Otherwise i doubt he is going to tell you anything other then what he already has. If he has a method, i say good for him, enjoy. If not and its all bullshit then at least it made this thread longer. Either way i vote permaban for not being in the spirit of BF2s and sharing potential advantages with other community members. Haha jk

Rod

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2008-01-07 23:50:03)

Catch|Phantom
+3|6161|Norway
In fact, he is right I have known about that tecnique he uses for a long time.. In fact most good pilot do

Last edited by Catch|Phantom (2008-01-08 00:46:15)

Hakei
Banned
+295|5984
Surrrrrrrreeeee.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

~Smokey~ wrote:

ssshhh, no one believes you
Onidax
+41|6482
Double tap W just before the game starts. Then you get right into a sprint