D3xter
+1|6707
So I can play normally for about half an hour to 3-4 hours sometimes, it depends. Sure I have some jerks here and there and they are getting on my nerves but I don’t think I can help it without greater financial expenditures.

My problem is, that after a while of playing normally I get extreme lags where I can’t drive any car, I can hardly walk let alone say shoot someone… It becomes more or less unplayable because I get a one second lag every half a second. Mostly this happens only in a few directions… let’s say I play Gulf of Oman and it jerks badly when I’m looking East, West or North but if I look South (even if there are a lot of textures etc.) it doesn’t lag no matter where on the map I am to that moment.
I’m playing on 1024x768 and with most Details on Medium.

I fit gets really badly every ground-texture disappears and I can’t do anything. It takes me about 30-40 seconds till ESC reacts and I can disconnect. Joining another server right after that mostly has the same result… restarting BF2 usually helps. When this happens it looks like that:
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bf2bug2qj.jpg

System Specs:
ASUS A7N8X-X with Athlon 2800+ and 1024MB Corsair RAM
GeForce 6800 (ASUS V9999 GE)
SoundBlaster Live! 5.1

I don’t really know what to try anymore, I have the newest GraCa and Chipset drivers installed and tried the more obvious things like opening every port that is  "used by BF2 after EA"...
UDP 27900, 29900, 29910, 27901, 55123, 55124, 55215, 16567.
UDP range 1500-4999.
TCP 80, 29900, 29901, 29920, 28910, 4711.
...tried ending all programs and running it like that and I installed BF2 after a clean install of WinXP with the other things I usually use. I don’t really remember if this happened before but I think it did…
I also tried playing around with BF2’s settings and other stuff.
Any suggestions?
Fubar48
+0|6720
Could be your video card is overheating.  Another fan is a cheap upgrade and may help.
D3xter
+1|6707
Any tool to check the time while I'm playing or record it?
And it would be a first one, I didn't have any probs with Half Life 2 or CS:S, Quake 4 etc.

Last edited by D3xter (2005-12-29 13:37:55)

Fubar48
+0|6720

D3xter wrote:

Any tool to check the time while I'm playing or record it?
And it would be a first one, I didn't have any probs with Half Life 2 or CS:S, Quake 4 etc.
Go to Asus and download their "Probe".  It will record the temp and keep a history file.
D3xter
+1|6707
Got that but it's just for CPU and MoBo
Kriznik
+0|6784
rivatuner > temperature, framerate etc.

this is for sure HW problem or Driver problem, for sure its not BF2 problem ;0
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6783|AUS, Canberra
if you have the latest nvidia driver sack them.

i cant play on anything later than 78.01

iv got 6800 too and any drivers past that are unplayable.
D3xter
+1|6707
Okay I did some more stuff, I downgraded to 78.01, I closed further not needed processes that ran in the background and I changed Sound to Software and disabled EAX though I have 5.1 Surround and I didn't have that thing with the ground disappearing till now for about 8 hours but I still got minor and major lags and hangups, I even had one of those major lags for about 1 Minute on Mashtur where I could barely move around and almost everytime I join a game I got a lot of 2 second hangups for the first 1-2 Minutes of it.

I'll see how it goes...

Btw. I used Rivatuner before but it doesn't have Temperature either, Hardware Monitoring only got "Core clock", Memory clock", Core VID", "Reference fan duty cycle" and "Framerate" but no Temperature

Edit: Unfortunately it happened again Looking in 3 different directions nothing happened...looking in a 4th and it started lagging really badly even if I was inside a house staring at a wall...

Last edited by D3xter (2005-12-30 23:54:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard