Poll

Could Obama Lose Against a White Guy coz of Racism?

Yes65%65% - 96
No34%34% - 51
Total: 147
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Oh, excuse me if I offended you with my unsubstantiated speculation when you obviously have such and educated opinion.  What accurate facts are you talking about?  Those numbers don't tell anything.  So, are you telling me that McCain will come in 4th and won't run for president?
They didn't tell you that from what we have seen so far that the majority of people who have voted so far voted for the Black guy? I tried to explain why Iowa and New Hampshire are important and what they represent. I have presented at least some reason for my opinion. I wasn't offended, I was just saying show me some evidence. You seem to be extra sensitive right now.
I'm just saying that maybe, just maybe this guy could lose the election because he's black.  You posted pics of his grandparents and mother, who are white people, but he's black.  Do you really think that having a white mom makes him white?  You seem to deny that there are a lot of racist people in the world, even today mate.  That's all I say in the OP and  I don't know much about the Iowa importance on the future elections, I just made a question.
I don't deny it Serge. I do infact live in the South (My mother is also from GA). Most racist scum are too lazy to vote or do not have the mental capacity to follow elections.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They didn't tell you that from what we have seen so far that the majority of people who have voted so far voted for the Black guy? I tried to explain why Iowa and New Hampshire are important and what they represent. I have presented at least some reason for my opinion. I wasn't offended, I was just saying show me some evidence. You seem to be extra sensitive right now.
I'm just saying that maybe, just maybe this guy could lose the election because he's black.  You posted pics of his grandparents and mother, who are white people, but he's black.  Do you really think that having a white mom makes him white?  You seem to deny that there are a lot of racist people in the world, even today mate.  That's all I say in the OP and  I don't know much about the Iowa importance on the future elections, I just made a question.
I don't deny it Serge. I do infact live in the South (My mother is also from GA). Most racist scum are too lazy to vote or do not have the mental capacity to follow elections.
Sadly, you don't need a mental capacity to vote.  Which explains a lot of things.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

CameronPoe wrote:

George Washington will be rolling in his grave right now...

an owner of some 300+ slaves.
"Washington was the only prominent, slaveholding Founding Father to emancipate his slaves. He did not free his slaves in his lifetime, however, but instead included a provision in his will to free his slaves upon the death of his wife." -Wiki

CameronPoe wrote:

Just finished a book on the American war of independence (1776: America and Britain at War) and I was just a bit shocked to find out he owned slaves. I never thought he would have.
He was a wealthy Virginian. That's probably the most likely occupation as plantation owner.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2008-01-04 12:35:48)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Sadly, you don't need a mental capacity to vote.  Which explains a lot of things.
No denying that. But people who put an emphasis on the importance of voting aren't usually the same guys burning crosses.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
For every person that refuses to vote for Obama because the color of his skin, there will be two people who vote for him because of the color of his skin.  Lots of people seem so excited about the idea of a black president, they don't even pay attention to his politics.  They think that it shows how progressive the United States has become.  Of coures there are a few other people out there who don't think blacks or women should be running for president.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No denying that. But people who put an emphasis on the importance of voting aren't usually the same guys burning crosses.
Maybe you're right, but we still must concede there are many racist assholes out there, and many of them go to vote.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

For every person that refuses to vote for Obama because the color of his skin, there will be two people who vote for him because of the color of his skin.  Lots of people seem so excited about the idea of a black president, they don't even pay attention to his politics.  They think that it shows how progressive the United States has become.  Of coures there are a few other people out there who don't think blacks or women should be running for president.
The same could be said about Hillary because she is a woman apparently.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I can agree to that. I just don't think a wave of these assholes will make the final decision. I just wish Edwards would drop (too soon and too close I know). I'm almost positive those votes would go to Barrack.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

I can agree to that. I just don't think a wave of these assholes will make the final decision. I just wish Edwards would drop (too soon and too close I know). I'm almost positive those votes would go to Barrack.
He looks a bit fresh, but who knows, maybe he wins and makes a good presidency.  Improving this one isn't a challenge.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6131|North Tonawanda, NY

sergeriver wrote:

The same could be said about Hillary because she is a woman apparently.
A lot of people just don't like Hillary, and the woman jokes probably stem from that rather than the other way around.
Commie Killer
+192|6388
Could a Black guy get voted in by the majority just because he is black? Could a woman get voted in just because she is a woman? Abso-fucking-lutly.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
A white guy could loose against Barack cos of racism.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark

.Sup wrote:

A white guy could loose against Barack cos of racism.
positive threatment.

Indeed this might happen.

Last edited by stef10 (2008-01-04 14:14:35)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

CameronPoe wrote:

If Obama ends up against McCain in the election he'll lose. If he ends up against any of the other Republican nominees he'll win.
If Obama ends up against McCain the US might actually have a small chance of getting out of the shitter.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Could he? Yes...anything's possible.

Will he (if nominated)? No.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

If Obama ends up against McCain in the election he'll lose. If he ends up against any of the other Republican nominees he'll win.
If Obama ends up against McCain the US might actually have a small chance of getting out of the shitter.
QFT
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Iowa
White 2,748,640       93.9%
Black or African American 61,853  2.1%
Iowa isn't the whole US.  So, there are no racial issues because of Iowa?
I am well aware of what Iowa is, are you? Iowa and New Hampshire are good samplings of the United States as a whole. At least in terms of how America votes. That is why they are given so much attention. Instead of making predictions of racial divide without evidence I provided numbers and used historically accurate facts to explain my view. There is a difference between unsubstantiated speculation and an educated opinion. Do I think he may have some trouble because of a few states? Yes. Do I think a few people in a few states will decide the fate of Barrack based on his race? No.
umm...not quite. Iowa and NH are given so much attention because they come first. they're actually horrible samplings of american voting tendencies as a whole. huckabee is fucked. he only won because he poured all his campaign cash into that state. like mcCain in 2000, i predict a dropout.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
If the election comes down to Obama and Huckabee and Obama loses, then he can only blame his own community for not supporting him.  The black vote has the potential to win this election for Obama, but unfortunately, blacks have a considerably lower voter turnout % than whites.  If the black community mostly supports Obama and actually gets out and votes, then the electoral vote distribution has the potential to look like this:

https://i4.tinypic.com/8flmfbd.gif

Much of the South will become swing states with a very real possibility of Obama winning territories that Republicans have generally won without any trouble over the last 2 decades.  The reason for this is that a lot of Southern states have large black populations that don't vote as much as they should, but with a black candidate in the race, that might change things.

So really, this isn't as much about white people not voting for a black candidate as much as it is about black people actually getting out there and standing up for one of their own people.  It's not a matter of losing from racism, but of losing from inaction.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Turquoise wrote:

So really, this isn't as much about white people not voting for a black candidate as much as it is about black people actually getting out there and standing up for one of their own people.  It's not a matter of losing from racism, but of losing from inaction.
See ↓:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Could a White Guy Lose Against Obama coz of Racism?
'nuff said.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-01-04 21:14:28)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
If there's anything XBox Live has shown me, it's that the KKK still exists.  Racist rednecks galore.
Turquoise
O Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

See ↓:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Could a White Guy Lose Against Obama coz of Racism?
'nuff said.
Touche...  I guess what I mean is...  If the black community specifically wants a black person in office because he's black, they have the ability to elect one if Obama becomes the Democrat candidate.  Granted, I understand what you mean from your perspective.  Racism is a 2-way street.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I am well aware of what Iowa is, are you? Iowa and New Hampshire are good samplings of the United States as a whole. At least in terms of how America votes. That is why they are given so much attention. Instead of making predictions of racial divide without evidence I provided numbers and used historically accurate facts to explain my view. There is a difference between unsubstantiated speculation and an educated opinion. Do I think he may have some trouble because of a few states? Yes. Do I think a few people in a few states will decide the fate of Barrack based on his race? No.
umm...not quite. Iowa and NH are given so much attention because they come first. they're actually horrible samplings of american voting tendencies as a whole. huckabee is fucked. he only won because he poured all his campaign cash into that state. like mcCain in 2000, i predict a dropout.
In terms of diversity you are right. If you would have read all of my post in this thread you would have seen I pointed out the large black/white difference in Iowa as well. To be honest I cant think of any one single state that could be labeled as representative of the US whole (We are waaayyy to diverse). What I meant by good sampling is that up until the Iowa caucus we have nothing but polls. Polls are not necessarily indicative of real everyday voter trends. I should have said the first good samplings I guess. But I agree, Iowa is a momentum setter.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I disagree.  Christian evangelicals have a huge amount of influence.  How else do you think Bush got elected and re-elected.  the base.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-05 00:12:30)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Turquoise wrote:

If the election comes down to Obama and Huckabee and Obama loses, then he can only blame his own community for not supporting him.  The black vote has the potential to win this election for Obama, but unfortunately, blacks have a considerably lower voter turnout % than whites.  If the black community mostly supports Obama and actually gets out and votes, then the electoral vote distribution has the potential to look like this:

http://i4.tinypic.com/8flmfbd.gif

Much of the South will become swing states with a very real possibility of Obama winning territories that Republicans have generally won without any trouble over the last 2 decades.  The reason for this is that a lot of Southern states have large black populations that don't vote as much as they should, but with a black candidate in the race, that might change things.

Black poeple shouldn't vote for Obama because he's black, but because they agree with his proposals.  I mean, black people voting for a white guy sounds about right if they disagree with Obama.
Turquoise
O Canada
True, but at the same time, I really don't see most black people having much in common with Huckabee -- unless they're really conservative and creationists.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard