Poll

Could Obama Lose Against a White Guy coz of Racism?

Yes65%65% - 96
No34%34% - 51
Total: 147
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Bull3t wrote:

Presidency in the United Stats for the last 300 years has been white men.

Do you actually think it will start now?

The elections can be bent and if that does not work well we all know the next best thing.

And of course race and color has a lot to do with it in alot of people's eyes.

It is just the way things are.
300?
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

The elections can be bent and if that does not work well we all know the next best thing.

300?
I take that back I believe it is 200.

Actually, no it was roughly 230 years.

Last edited by Bull3t (2008-01-04 12:00:20)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Bull3t wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

300?
1700's bub.
1776-2008
cupcake
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

300?
1700's bub.
1776-2008
cupcake
Close enough

just did all the math in my head

Last edited by Bull3t (2008-01-04 12:01:01)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Iowa
White 2,748,640       93.9%
Black or African American 61,853  2.1%
Iowa isn't the whole US.  So, there are no racial issues because of Iowa?
I am well aware of what Iowa is, are you? Iowa and New Hampshire are good samplings of the United States as a whole. At least in terms of how America votes. That is why they are given so much attention. Instead of making predictions of racial divide without evidence I provided numbers and used historically accurate facts to explain my view. There is a difference between unsubstantiated speculation and an educated opinion. Do I think he may have some trouble because of a few states? Yes. Do I think a few people in a few states will decide the fate of Barrack based on his race? No.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
I hope he doesn't lose because he's black.  I think he will lose against McCain like Cam said.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

300?
1700's bub.
1776-2008
cupcake
sugar
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Iowa
I am well aware of what Iowa is, are you? Iowa and New Hampshire are good samplings of the United States as a whole. At least in terms of how America votes. That is why they are given so much attention. Instead of making predictions of racial divide without evidence I provided numbers and used historically accurate facts to explain my view. There is a difference between unsubstantiated speculation and an educated opinion. Do I think he may have some trouble because of a few states? Yes. Do I think a few people in a few states will decide the fate of Barrack based on his race? No.
he'll lose the bible belt obviously.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

Kmarion wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

1700's bub.
1776-2008
cupcake
sugar
Im off by two years because I count the continental congress.   1774
sweetness

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-04 12:09:45)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Iowa
Oh, excuse me if I offended you with my unsubstantiated speculation when you obviously have such and educated opinion.  What accurate facts are you talking about?  Those numbers don't tell anything.  So, are you telling me that McCain will come in 4th and won't run for president?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I think Edwards milking him right now is having a greater impact. If Edwards drops I think his lead would jump considerably over Hilldog.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Oh, excuse me if I offended you with my unsubstantiated speculation when you obviously have such and educated opinion.  What accurate facts are you talking about?  Those numbers don't tell anything.  So, are you telling me that McCain will come in 4th and won't run for president?
serge,lol, you are showing your ignorance of the political process over here.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6631|Mexifornia, USA
As long as it's not Hillary...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ok, then teach me, don't be rude if I made a wrong statement.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I didnt think I was being rude.  Ignorance is different than stupidity.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-01-04 12:14:56)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I didnt think I was being rude.  Ignorance is different than stupidity.
Not you.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

They didn't tell you that from what we have seen the majority of people who have voted so far voted for the Black guy? I tried to explain why Iowa and New Hampshire are important and what they represent. I have presented at least some reason for my opinion. I wasn't offended, I was just saying show me some evidence. You seem to be extra sensitive right now.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
Huckabee will most likely be the republican candidate, anyone disagree?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556
George Washington will be rolling in his grave right now...

an owner of some 300+ slaves.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-04 12:17:07)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

CameronPoe wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_ … l_Congress
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida
If the final elections are between Obama and a white guy, and the white guy wins, Obama is gunna bring up the fact that race had something to do with it, and even the fact that racists played a part in it.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Too similar of a discussion. Merging.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

They didn't tell you that from what we have seen so far that the majority of people who have voted so far voted for the Black guy? I tried to explain why Iowa and New Hampshire are important and what they represent. I have presented at least some reason for my opinion. I wasn't offended, I was just saying show me some evidence. You seem to be extra sensitive right now.
I'm just saying that maybe, just maybe this guy could lose the election because he's black.  You posted pics of his grandparents and mother, who are white people, but he's black.  Do you really think that having a white mom makes him white?  You seem to deny that there are a lot of racist people in the world, even today mate.  That's all I say in the OP and  I don't know much about the Iowa importance on the future elections, I just made a question.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Just finished a book on the American war of independence (1776: America and Britain at War) and I was just a bit shocked to find out he owned slaves. I never thought he would have.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-01-04 12:23:59)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

CameronPoe wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Just finished a book on the American war of independence (1776: America and Britain at War) and I was just a bit shocked to find out he owned slaves. I never thought he would have.
Wasn't there a president who had a kid with a slave?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard