Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

https://i5.tinypic.com/6xjcpzc.jpg
Iowa voters filled gathering spots in more than 1,700 precincts around the state to declare a presidential preference in Iowa's caucuses, which open the state-by-state battle to choose candidates in the November 4 election to succeed President George W. Bush.

https://i10.tinypic.com/6q9kqiu.jpg
Barack Obama took the first step to winning the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday with a victory in Iowa, while Mike Huckabee capped a stunning political rise to beat Republican rival Mitt Romney.

For the winner in Iowa, the prize is valuable momentum and at least a temporary claim to the front-runner's slot in their battle to win the party's presidential nomination in the November election.

Obama's win effectively makes him the candidate to beat among Democrats, and a win next week in New Hampshire could set him on a nearly unstoppable drive to the nomination. The next big contest would be in South Carolina, where more than half of the voters are black.

Good for Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080104/pl_ … tics_dc_24

Update:The Iowa Democratic party says, "With 93.5 percent of the precincts reporting we are seeing record turnout with 218,000 caucus attendees."

10:40pm Eastern: Huck: “I love Iowa a whole lot."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
I WAS JUST GONNA post this.   this is something pretty big.   Not voting for huckabee for fucks sure
topthrill05
+125|6584|Rochester NY USA
YAHOOOOOOOOO Obama bitch!

And thank that damn bible belt for not voting for Romney. I don't like Huckabee much either but the last thing we need is that 2 faced bastard. This also proves those who spend the most don't always win.

Hell yeah. I am so damn happy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Hilldog knew she was going down last night. They were already doing damage control.

As the presidential candidates engage in furious pre-caucus spin, one of Sen. Hillary Clinton’s most prominent Iowa supporters said Wednesday that she’s already accomplished what she needs to in Iowa and can declare success even if she finishes in third place.
Hillary must have seen some internal polls .

https://i17.tinypic.com/81z0lkw.jpg

..lol

Obama beat Clinton among women, 35-30. Pure awesomeness.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pinto
+13|6585

topthrill05 wrote:

And thank that damn bible belt for not voting for Romney. I don't like Huckabee much either but the last thing we need is that 2 faced bastard. This also proves those who spend the most don't always win.

I live in Iowa and attended the caucus and would never call Iowa, "the Bible belt."  The Bible belt is in the deep south, not here.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
more like the corn belt
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Pinto wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

I live in Iowa and attended the caucus and would never call Iowa, "the Bible belt."  The Bible belt is in the deep south, not here.
Nope.
https://i15.tinypic.com/8a1xsah.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Gunslinger translates for Non Americans.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

this is something pretty big.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
Iowans (I guess you call 'em that) proved that they care more about ideas, inspiration and desire to change instead of experience.

Our current president had experience too. Look where we are now!

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-01-03 19:34:24)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Live blogging updates. http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Sigh...

" Here you go America! Republicans and Democrats! These guys have done such a bang up job that we should keep electing them!"

Has it occurred to any Americans that any " fix " a politician proposes is a supposed remedy for a problem they have created?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Obama/Billary '08?
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA
Can someone please explain this to me?  I do not understand why Iowa of all places determines these things?  It's certainly not representative of America as a whole...  And why do we even need the Iowa caucus thing?  I don't get it
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Can someone please explain this to me?  I do not understand why Iowa of all places determines these things?  It's certainly not representative of America as a whole...  And why do we even need the Iowa caucus thing?  I don't get it
http://people.howstuffworks.com/iowa-caucus.htm

Probably the simplest way.

The level of support a candidate receives in Iowa gives a reasonable indication of how they will perform with the rest of American voters. If middle-American Iowans support a candidate, then that candidate has a chance with the rest of the nation. The results from the Iowa caucus tell a candidate whether his or her platform is desirable. It is the first chance for a campaign to find out if its message is affecting voters -- should the campaign stay the course or change tactics? And the Iowa caucus is so important that some candidates bow out of the race if they do poorly in Iowa.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

It's the first caucus of the 'election season'.  A caucus is basically a group of people for the respective parties who cast votes for who gets the official party backing.

It is seen as important because it is the first real voting event for the parties, and is often seen as vital in changing national voter opinion.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6728|Indianapolis, IN
Iowa doesn't determine this.

As I posted on a facebook group wall:
"One must remember too.
In a poll done a few weeks ago, 80% of Republican Iowans still believe that Bush has done a good job.
So, factor that in with the fact that most Iowans probably say they are Christians and you understand why F*ckabee did so well."

And if 70% of Americans call themselves Christians and we get a candidate that floats around the fact that he too is a Christian, people will vote for him.
Its really sad.  I am sure Hucabee is a nice guy but come on, one must look past the fact that he was a former minister and that all he does is pander the Bible and his Stand up comedian act and see that his policies suck and ideas aren't that good at all.

I think New Hampshire is a better idea of what the nation will vote.

Buckle in everyone, we got 49 more states to go!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

RESULTS:
Obama 37.53
Edwards 29.88
Clinton 29.41

Huckabee 34
Romney 25
Thompson 14
McCain 13
Paul 10
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

Iowa doesn't determine this.

As I posted on a facebook group wall:
"One must remember too.
In a poll done a few weeks ago, 80% of Republican Iowans still believe that Bush has done a good job.
So, factor that in with the fact that most Iowans probably say they are Christians and you understand why F*ckabee did so well."

And if 70% of Americans call themselves Christians and we get a candidate that floats around the fact that he too is a Christian, people will vote for him.
Its really sad.  I am sure Hucabee is a nice guy but come on, one must look past the fact that he was a former minister and that all he does is pander the Bible and his Stand up comedian act and see that his policies suck and ideas aren't that good at all.

I think New Hampshire is a better idea of what the nation will vote.

Buckle in everyone, we got 49 more states to go!
They both have led the nation's nominating contests over the past several decades. Iowa gets a little more attention since it can be a momentum setter. Some candidates drop out when they lose it in Iowa.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
IRONCHEF
+385|6497|Northern California
Those are the order of my democratic pics; obama, edwards, clinton.  New Hampshire will be Romney so it'll be a fun republican race..the baptist vs. the mormon..kinda like that movie "Baptists at my Bar-B-Que."
Black Vaine
+43|6628|K-Town, Sweden
I'm surprised seeing Rudy at the bottom, as well as Ron. Guess they will hide in the shade for a while
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

What's with the huge difference in numbers of Demo voters vs Republican voters?!

Good to see Hillary relegated to third place, even if it is by a small margin. This just means that the mud and claws are coming out now...on both sides.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6317
This means something but not everything, remember Bill Clinton i think  in 1992, he came in second in Iowa after all the accusations and went to win 2 landslide general elections.

Last edited by teamorange (2008-01-03 21:41:01)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
Hitlary... 3rd place.....hahahahahahahahha... she is going down like a Bill Clinton intern...

I'm kinda distressed about all the choices though on either side... Nobody stands out... but at least Hitlary is tanking...lol
Love is the answer
CC-Marley
+407|6835
They all promise shit each election and don't really do shit when they win.
NantanCochise
+55|5985|Portugal/United States

CC-Marley wrote:

They all promise shit each election and don't really do shit when they win.
Sometimes that can be true, but I think its a little more complicated than that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard