Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

Just curious, what do you do if you're whoring the heli, but every single gunner you get is terrible, I've recently been whoring it a fair bit, actually getting better, used to get owned so bad in it. Every time i get a bad gunner, i try and teach them the basics quick, how to guide the tv's, when to use them, look out for the things i spot, and spot the things i don't, etc etc, but either they don't listen, or don't talk or English or whatever and i proceed to get slightly frustrated, so what do you do? I don't really agree with redlining, plus I'd probably end up just redlining myself also but in know i'd do a lot better with me soloing then basically a dummy in the gunners seat.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Redline.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

ig wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Redline.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2008-01-03 17:50:14)

Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6111
Make friends with a few good chopper guys and then hopefully you won't have to suffer worthless gunners any more.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Make friends with a few good chopper guys and then hopefully you won't have to suffer worthless gunners any more.
Ok, Will you be my friend please?
Slarty
+37|5934|Ingerland
Nah I don't redline, it's just silly.

Either TRY to teach them the error of their ways or try to get a different gunner in the chopper. We all have bad days after all....
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Redline.

Especially if they're squadless smurfs. But if they're in a squad, i'll join their squad and talk to them and tell them what I want them to do. I give out lessons to people who I know have potential, not Private First Class players. I will redline people without remorse.
Banned from node?

To the OP, get out and do something different if it frustrates you that much. Other wise just fly as if you have no gunner and use the rockets.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I go to about medium altitude, pretending that I'm giving them a shot, at which point I proceed to do a barrel roll. If they're completely foolish, that usually scares them out of the chopper but otherwise I find some way to bore them out of being my gunner/not giving them a target.
simmy.uk
+117|6407
Usings TV's against other heli's is probably imo the most difficult thing in BF2 to learn. And even when you do learn it, to do it consistently takes alot of experience and skill.

TV's against other Helicopters is my biggest weakness in the game. So i don't mind when I pilot, and the gunner frequently misses TV shots against other helis. Aslong as they attempt the shots, I am happy that they know what has to get done....even if they don't succedd....with every shot comes experience for next time. We all have to learn.

Aslong as they try the TV shots and use the gun when I line him/her up against the infantry targets.
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

Adams_BJ wrote:

ig wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Redline.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6596|Sea to globally-cooled sea

simmy.uk wrote:

Usings TV's against other heli's is probably imo the most difficult thing in BF2 to learn. And even when you do learn it, to do it consistently takes alot of experience and skill.

TV's against other Helicopters is my biggest weakness in the game. So i don't mind when I pilot, and the gunner frequently misses TV shots against other helis. Aslong as they attempt the shots, I am happy that they know what has to get done....even if they don't succedd....with every shot comes experience for next time. We all have to learn.

Aslong as they try the TV shots and use the gun when I line him/her up against the infantry targets.
i agree.  Some days I'm dead on, and some days I SWEAR my TV goes right through my target.  It's very frustrating as the gunner, and also embarrassing because the gunner is lining up these great shots.

For the most part, I'm patient with a gunner.  If a gunner utterly blows, and doesn't read my typing instructions on how to guide the TV, I just groundpound it, as you can see by looking at my stats.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6240
I've gotten 9 reset in the past 3 months for redlining me LOL.. i just take a pic and send it ti  support.ea.com

i would redline too though but i d9ont wanna risk getting reset.. this is why i dont like playing maps except karkand cause all the n00bs that wanan fly with you..

Last edited by _1_MAN-ARMY.19 (2008-01-03 18:33:48)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

simmy.uk wrote:

It IS infernally difficult. Thankfully, the people I've met on Dragon Valley servers recently have been far more patient than you bunch of elitist pricks, and have let me hang around in their gunner seat without complaining if I miss a few shots here and there and can't hit a chopper with one to save my life. The damn things just move too fast to guide without hours of practice.
Luckily, hammering on them with the gun makes them make enough mistakes to continue and frag them.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

Definitely, i never get annoyed with people who miss heli shots, that's a given, they're hard enough to hit with a tv anyway let alone with the hitboxes, my problem is when they try to take out armour and helis with the MG and everyone once in a while they use the tv to take out stationary armour and miss, I admit the TV takes some gettin used to, but just the basic concepts of when to use what, and shoot at what i want them to, numerous times i've spammed the "Hostile AA" over and over and they're trying to gun the FAV behind us.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6159|Bay Area, CA
I just go and do something else if they insist on hopping in every time. It is frustrating though.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Someone should make a guide to being a good heli gunner.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Someone should make a guide to being a good heli gunner.
There is a fair few out there, i think there's a really good one stickied in the techniques and strategies section. But not everyone's gonna watch/read them. Arnies is great for piloting helis and this one nicely compliments it. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … r+tutorial
[AH1z]PJ
+75|6326

Longbow wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

ig wrote:

redline!!!!!

Last edited by [AH1z]PJ (2008-01-03 18:57:01)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

Ec0li wrote:

i know i'd do a lot better with me soloing then basically a dummy in the gunners seat.
Helicopter  23:57:57  595  735  0.8966

u sure about that?  im not one to flame (usually), but you better beef that up before you start soloing...  just an observation

otherwise redline or do something else. play maps with more than one heli, makes life easier.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5969|London ㋛

steelie34 wrote:

Ec0li wrote:

i know i'd do a lot better with me soloing then basically a dummy in the gunners seat.
Helicopter  23:57:57  595  735  0.8966

u sure about that?  im not one to flame (usually), but you better beef that up before you start soloing...  just an observation

otherwise redline or do something else. play maps with more than one heli, makes life easier.
I'm pretty sure i did mention in OP, after getting owned multiple times, im starting to get better, also up until 150 hours i had wireless and would crash constantly due to ping spikes going up to 1000, so yeah, K/D ratio in heli is shite, watch this space after a few more hours in it, i got some guy 50 kills to 3 deaths today on harvest. But thank you for pointing that out.

Last edited by Ec0li (2008-01-03 19:13:40)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6541

I don't bother with redlining unless FF is off. If my gunner sucks first time round and we die, I'll respawn with an M95.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

It amazes me that even at a 2nd Lt. rank, people still don't know that you can guide tv missiles. If I get a terrible gunner, I'll type to them the basics, like use tv on armor and heli, machine gun on infantry (in bursts, don't spray). But they still can't figure out that they can guide the tv missile. I'll even lead their target and tell them to just fire, but they won't unless it's directly lined up, in which case the missile misses because they can't guide it quick enough. I'll even yell at people over and over to just keep clicking on the target but they still desire to click just once and have the missile go straight.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6292|Orrstrayleea
I used to be Epic at TV Guiding, but i lost it Helo KDR went from 4.3 to 2 or whatever it is now
Benzin
+576|5968
It seems Euro servers are plagued with horrible helo gunners.

But don't redline. That's just childish and newbish. I hate people that redline others because they want their clan mate to gun with them or something. Learn to share. Or at least ask nicely if on the next go around, if your gunner wouldn't mind waiting.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6154
when i played i would just either redline the nub out or use my good old trusty friend the m-95

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard