GroeFaZErdi
+6|6521
Hey guys. Got a problem with Fraps. I'm using V. 2.5.0. My PC is:
Athlon 64 4200+ DualCore
2 gig RAM
GeForce 7950 GTX (512mb)
250 gig hard drive (?)

Actually Fraps should work with that PC, shouldn't it? When I hit record the FPS goes down to 7-10. Amazingly low IMO. Flying chopper or even jet is impossible with that "ultimate lag". Another problem is that I can't record the sound. Is there anyone out there who's got a solution for that? Do I need another version of Fraps or different program???

Would be great if you PM me for solutions - I am not arround the forums very often...
Thanks in advance

Erdi
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51
Set prefered framerate to 80 and try capturing on half screen, if it doesnt help then I don't know.
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6202
you pretty much have too record onto a second drive for it too run smoothly
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6214|Winland

If your computer has to swap whiles you're recording, you're fucked until you get a second hard drive.

Also, there's a tickbox for recording sound and from what source in the Fraps main window. Check it.

Also, half size.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
']['error
Banned
+630|6661|The Netherlands
Record @ 40 fps, half size.
Make sure you have enough free HD space.

edit: turn off AA?

Last edited by ']['error (2008-01-02 05:18:38)

xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6389|Netherlands tbh
But.. But.. I have a single raptor and it records fine On Crysis that is.. I had problems on CSS
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6214|Winland

xGj wrote:

...raptor...
That's the differance.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6582|Area 51
While we're on this, I can record with fraps @ some 30 FPS if not somewhat more or less, but after some time (5 minutes max )my framerate goes down, I assume this is because of all the raw material, but I have 2x Samsung Spinpoint T-something in RAID 0, so that shouldnt really a problem right, so what could be?

Last edited by RDMC (2008-01-02 05:25:33)

']['error
Banned
+630|6661|The Netherlands

xGj wrote:

But.. But.. I have a single raptor and it records fine On Crysis that is.. I had problems on CSS
while I don't know then.. If it records perfectly in crysis, it shouldn't have a problem with any game
GroeFaZErdi
+6|6521
ty verymuch 2 all....
aimless
+166|6142|Texas
Does recording to a different hard drive make an improvement?

As for the sound recording problem, make sure record sound is on and that your recording controls is set to "stereo mix".
GroeFaZErdi
+6|6521
yeah...works now! ty to all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard