Kniero
Banned
+1|6759|AZ
lol. The past.
Jodah3
+1|6752

Miguel diaz wrote:

it's the chinese moron
Maybe before you jump on somebody's back for typing the wrong army you should learn how to spell your hometown.

Moron.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6783|AUS, Canberra
direct from the wiki :

Commander

The commander score is the sum of all commander points earned. The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time.

Kills with artillery will count towards you global kills and kills with the kit you are using but do not directly add points to your score.

After each round has finished the commander of the winning side will have his points for that round doubled.
Drunkaholic
+4|6737

Prodie wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

Not flaming but I think the true formula is this - your performance and kill points while commanding only.  During play as commander I watch my score increment up 1 point for every arty kill I get.  Then, I get heal, resupply, and repair points for team members that utilize the supply boxes I've dropped.  I watch my score closely and at the end of the game it is double of what I've earned - team points + kills.
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wrong!!!!!!!!!

How many topics do we have to have about this before people realize you do NOT get points for arty, dropping supply boxes, UAV......
I know from experience that simply dropping a supply box gets you one point.  Not sure about the utilizing the supplies though.

Last edited by Drunkaholic (2005-12-29 15:16:09)

Hyper
Banned
+154|6763

mort4u wrote:

Miguel diaz wrote:

it's the chinese moron
hmm had a bad bagle for breakfast?
no, hes just a moron
GeneralDodo
+5|6708
i like bagles for breakfast
Paulos234
+0|6725
Ok the final version of this commander issue is this

The commander score is the sum of all commander points earned. The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time.

Kills with artillery will count towards you global kills and kills with the kit you are using but do not directly add points to your score.

You do not get points for spotting, issuing supply crates, UAV etc. Seeing as everyone has seen my findings and my questions are answered I now consider this topic closed. Thank you for your time.

Oh and Kniero, whatever it's the past man I can't be bothered anymore, reply with a flame or an insult or whatever I don't care. Good day people!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6802|Singapore

Drunkaholic wrote:

I know from experience that simply dropping a supply box gets you one point.  Not sure about the utilizing the supplies though.
Are you kidding...

Commander assets are there to HELP the team kill more people which in turn gives you more points. This has been discussed ad nauseum. Especially bullshit like: If you spot an enemy and he is killed while blinking, you get 1 point.

Explain my lack of a 2000 point high score then.
FunKz
+1|6793|Melbourne, Australia
I reckon its just everyone on your teams score (combat and team) divided by the whole team number (not including yourself or negative/nil scores)

I've played a fair bit of commander and this seems to be how my points are calculated.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6787|Nova Scotia, Canada

Drunkaholic wrote:

Prodie wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

Not flaming but I think the true formula is this - your performance and kill points while commanding only.  During play as commander I watch my score increment up 1 point for every arty kill I get.  Then, I get heal, resupply, and repair points for team members that utilize the supply boxes I've dropped.  I watch my score closely and at the end of the game it is double of what I've earned - team points + kills.
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wrong!!!!!!!!!

How many topics do we have to have about this before people realize you do NOT get points for arty, dropping supply boxes, UAV......
Well I don't know what experience you went through, but it's wrong. Read the post above yours for clarification.
Azr4eL
+0|6805|Italy

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Something interesting you may not know

The commander score can never lower because your team tks ppl and your team average goes down.

example :

teammate 1 has 100 points
teammate 2 has 50 points
teammate 3 has 40 points
teammate 4 has 30 points
teammate 5 has 30 points

your score will be 50, and if you win, 100 points

what if player one tks 5 guys so his score drops to 80, and  player 5 tks 2 ppl and his score drops to 22

will your score drop too? no, the commander score is not effected by tks
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrrrrrroooonggggggggggg(hhhhhh......)
The formula (look for a past topic... someone debug this mechanism) is:
Commander Points= Point Scored by Soldiers / Number of Soldiers Alive In The Moment Of The Score
(and you see easely that the answer is 42... )
Commanders DO NOT gain points for killing or repairing someone, nor lose points when someone kill a teammate. The "Average Score" is calculated at every moment, not at the end of the match, so Commanders can have more points that any other.
And now I need an answer: WHY i still see commanders that fly in a f****d jet??????
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6802|Singapore

Mathwh0re.
Azr4eL
+0|6805|Italy

Paulos234 wrote:

Ok the final version of this commander issue is this

You do not get points for spotting, issuing supply crates, UAV etc. Seeing as everyone has seen my findings and my questions are answered I now consider this topic closed. Thank you for your time.

SNIP
Amen.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6741|Australia
why cant DICE just TELL US how to get points?
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6786

the_heart_attack wrote:

direct from the wiki :

Commander

After each round has finished the commander of the winning side will have his points for that round doubled.
I agree with this one, at least since 1.03, before things were different.  One of the most important lines is " ...during your reign as commander".  If you command from the beginning, you will get a higher score.  If you come in and command near the end of a round you will not get the full average of your team.  It is as if as soon as you start commanding, everyone elses points are zero and your score will only increment as theirs increases.  This is something some people don't realize, and they are the ones who connect near the end of the round and start a baseless mutiny vote thinking they can get a big score for "free".  At least since 1.03 it simply doesn't work that way.
  Things the commander does DO count towards your global stats tho.  If you get 25 arty kills and 5 kills with weapons etc you will get 30 global kills but it will not count toward your score for the current round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard