Paulos234
+0|6713
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this has been discovered yet but please read all of my post before replying. The theory that the commander score is the average score of every player in your team is wrong, or not entirely correct. What is true is that it is the average of all your players in your team that are ALIVE. For example; I was commander today and had a particularly adept pilot called [FF] Kusunagi i think his name was. And we were MEC playing on Wake Island. Now, we'd lost all our flags and their was one player left on my team the aforementioned Kusunagi. I had 9 commander points at the time (pathetic I know but that's not the point). Anyway, I'm watching this guy bomb and kill everything and I check and find my commander score has become 23 points. The explanation? It's the average of alive players and so 14 points by Kusunagi divided by 1 still = 14 points and so these were delivered to the commander, me. This may help people or not but I wondered what everyone thought about this?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
hmm sounds pretty logical... nice find!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6820
MEC on Wake Island huh? Interesting stuff..
mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6700|State of Confusion

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

My thoughts exactly!  Good theory though.
RAS_ace10
+12|6752

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

lol
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6758|Campbeltown, Scotland

RAS_ace10 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

lol
Ha ha nice find though
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6755|The Netherlands
but then your score would go up and down all the time.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
hmm have you also cross checked the average score of your team if it isnt the same?
just asking since your team seems to have been beaten the average score shouldnt be to high and thus there could be a similar result.

ps: yeah its the PLA army on wake, Polnish Lamer Army

Last edited by mort4u (2005-12-29 08:12:04)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

it's the chinese moron
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6821
Yes this is how it works - this has been stated many times here - it is the average of your team mates that are alive.
That is why when you do not win as commander your score before the game ends is your score - no one on your team is alive so you get zero points (just points you had before game ended).

When you win most of your players will be alive and so you get the average score and a nice boost to your command score.

It sux to lose because you can play for an hour, lose and only end up with 10-50 points where the winning commander gets his 10-50 points plus the average of his team and ends up with something like 100-150 points x 2!!

Happened to me last night - I had 55 points and winning commander got 155 x 2 after a solid hour of game play.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany

Miguel diaz wrote:

it's the chinese moron
hmm had a bad bagle for breakfast?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

yeah
i hate poppy seeds
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
KillerAFET
+3|6780|Abilene, Texas

Paulos234 wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this has been discovered yet but please read all of my post before replying. The theory that the commander score is the average score of every player in your team is wrong, or not entirely correct. What is true is that it is the average of all your players in your team that are ALIVE. For example; I was commander today and had a particularly adept pilot called [FF] Kusunagi i think his name was. And we were MEC playing on Wake Island. Now, we'd lost all our flags and their was one player left on my team the aforementioned Kusunagi. I had 9 commander points at the time (pathetic I know but that's not the point). Anyway, I'm watching this guy bomb and kill everything and I check and find my commander score has become 23 points. The explanation? It's the average of alive players and so 14 points by Kusunagi divided by 1 still = 14 points and so these were delivered to the commander, me. This may help people or not but I wondered what everyone thought about this?
Kinda one of the great mysteries of life, is it not?

Not flaming but I think the true formula is this - your performance and kill points while commanding only.  During play as commander I watch my score increment up 1 point for every arty kill I get.  Then, I get heal, resupply, and repair points for team members that utilize the supply boxes I've dropped.  I watch my score closely and at the end of the game it is double of what I've earned - team points + kills.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6774|Nova Scotia, Canada

KillerAFET wrote:

Not flaming but I think the true formula is this - your performance and kill points while commanding only.  During play as commander I watch my score increment up 1 point for every arty kill I get.  Then, I get heal, resupply, and repair points for team members that utilize the supply boxes I've dropped.  I watch my score closely and at the end of the game it is double of what I've earned - team points + kills.
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wrong!!!!!!!!!

How many topics do we have to have about this before people realize you do NOT get points for arty, dropping supply boxes, UAV......
KillerAFET
+3|6780|Abilene, Texas

Prodie wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

How many topics do we have to have about this before people realize you do NOT get points for arty, dropping supply boxes, UAV......
Then, according to your expert knowledge, a commander's score should all be zero until the end of the game if the theory is that the score is based on an army's performance, especially of those alive at the end of the game and the commander did his job and only command.  And, since there is an autobalance, the commander's score could decrease as a talented player is bumped to the other side.  And finally, how do you explain that when one commands and then gets a badge of some kind because the COMMANDER hits the kill requirements for that badge?

No, I do not think there are enough threads about this issue.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6835|Deutschland/Germany
Yeah many of the "newbies" still think you d get points for kills + heals + resupply while commanding thats why there are so many commanders running around killing ppl.

KillerAFET wrote:

And, since there is an autobalance, the commander's score could decrease as a talented player is bumped to the other side.
Look i think (and its probably right) that it s like that:
Let s say you got 12 players in your team and 10 of them are alive. Now one player kills someone and gets 2 points. You as a commander will get 0,2 points (or 0.2 like they say in some strange countries...). This continues until the end of the round when the winning commander gets his score doubled. The commanders score wont ever decrease that way.

Last edited by ArMaG3dD0n (2005-12-29 09:23:13)

mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6838|Munich, Germany
last time i commanded and killed ppl without the arty i got 1 point for a kill, not 2 like the average grunt.
you dont get points for arty kills since 1.03 but the kills are counted in your account thus giving you badges or just recording towards the class you play as.
you get teamwork points but not sure if its normal or anything, havent watched that closeely but i still remember getting points for flag capping.

anyway im also still a bit confused bout that system but i dont care as long as my team wins and i get more points
Kniero
Banned
+1|6746|AZ
Surprised nobody made mention of the possibility that the theory goes as such: when commander, you receive the average points of the number of your teammates that are alive, but your score only increases (and never decreases) past previously held point numbers.

That, or you get some fraction of a point for every point one of your comrades makes.

HmmmZ!,
Kniero

Last edited by Kniero (2005-12-29 10:02:54)

Paulos234
+0|6713

Kniero wrote:

Surprised nobody made mention of the possibility that the theory goes as such: when commander, you receive the average points of the number of your teammates that are alive, but your score only increases (and never decreases) past previously held point numbers.

That, or you get some fraction of a point for every point one of your commrades makes.
Entirely Correct. You can not lose points as a commander unless you teamkill someone, so if a teamate teamkills half the team you will not be penialised. But I had another thought, negative points have no effect on the commanders score however, if everyone has - points wouldn't that mean that they'd have to get a certain about of kills to acquire to boost their score to positive thus the commander wouldn't get the points for teamates redeeming their - points? I'm pretty sure this is wrong but could anyone back me up on this?

P.S Sorry about getting the teams wrong, PLA, MEC all the same to me .
Kniero
Banned
+1|6746|AZ
Ohhh my JEEEE!! I misspelled COMRADE!!!...I just noticed that when he quoted me. I fixed it =O.

(Paulos is an idiot.)

(He thinks HE KNOW ME GOOD, but HE DON'T! )

(I own him at everything, with everything: cunning, quickness, foresight, analysis, speaking english, you name it, he's worse at it than I am [urinating, eating, sleeping].)

(Just have to pick on him 'cause he purports to know me up and down.)

(Righteous I am, in my cause.)

(For he is merely a bumbling foozle, off his rocker.)

ANYWAYS, I would s'pose, now that I've thought about it, that each point made by a teammate is counted as a fraction of a point for the commander.

Yepples,
Kniero
Paulos234
+0|6713
What does this have to do with commanding Kniero?
Kniero
Banned
+1|6746|AZ
Dude, how did you miss it? Can't you read? Your questioning my post that clearly contributes to this thread (about commanding) is equally as bad as you purport my response to be. But then again, this reply of mine right here is just as pointless as yours (but the one of mine preceding yours was nOt).
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6774|Nova Scotia, Canada

KillerAFET wrote:

Prodie wrote:

KillerAFET wrote:

Then, according to your expert knowledge, a commander's score should all be zero until the end of the game if the theory is that the score is based on an army's performance, especially of those alive at the end of the game and the commander did his job and only command.  And, since there is an autobalance, the commander's score could decrease as a talented player is bumped to the other side.  And finally, how do you explain that when one commands and then gets a badge of some kind because the COMMANDER hits the kill requirements for that badge?

No, I do not think there are enough threads about this issue.
How would his score be all zero? The commander's score comes from the average of the team. If you don't know what average is it's when you add up the total amount of things and divide by the number of things.

Player 1: 10
Player 2: 30
Player 3: 20
Player 4: 5
Commander: about 16
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6705|Antarctica
Something interesting you may not know

The commander score can never lower because your team tks ppl and your team average goes down.

example :

teammate 1 has 100 points
teammate 2 has 50 points
teammate 3 has 40 points
teammate 4 has 30 points
teammate 5 has 30 points

your score will be 50, and if you win, 100 points

what if player one tks 5 guys so his score drops to 80, and  player 5 tks 2 ppl and his score drops to 22

will your score drop too? no, the commander score is not effected by tks
Paulos234
+0|6713

Kniero wrote:

Dude, how did you miss it? Can't you read? Your questioning my post that clearly contributes to this thread (about commanding) is equally as bad as you purport my response to be. But then again, this reply of mine right here is just as pointless as yours (but the one of mine preceding yours was nOt).
Kniero I think you're a bit confused and God so am I. Where have I questioned your post? I simply stated that it was corect. If you've interpreted it that way then I don't know how you've done it but none of my posts have a subliminal meaning questioning you. Please explain so that these posts become less pointless.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard