Arkanon
+3|6726|London, UK
[If this topic has been covered, I apologise, but my searches turned up nothing specific.]

As a copilot in a jet, trying my best to hit something with the laser-guided missile, I suck. But I've gotta practice somehow, and the single-player option offers nothing useful in that respect.

Several times, without warning, I have suddenly found myself plumetting into the sea (or the ground, not that it makes much difference) deep in the non-combat zone. This results in certain death, and the pilot does not even get a teamkill to his name.

If the pilot wants me out, a simple "Bail Out" message would be enough to get me to parachute back into the front line. Actually, even if he just jettisoned me into the front line, I'd be fairly content.

But dumping me into the red zone, knowing it'll kill me, is a teamkill. Why do the jet pilots do it? It's not like they can land and pick up a pal to copilot. And I don't force my way into vehicles at the expense of anyone else. So why the rough treatment?

Anyone else think that dumping people into the non-combat zone should be made impossible in the next patch?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6747
well not the next patch... maybe not ever! my suggestion is not to sit in the same jet as the pilot that jettisoned u, if u must be w/ him, get ready to press the F1 key...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6867|Arizona
this happens more often in choppers to me. chopper gets a lock on and takes on SAM hit and the pilot chickens out. not telling anyone to "Bail Out" so i see the chopper flying down and by the time i check if the pilot seat is occupied...i'm dead. If anything there should be an automatic "Bail Out" notification if the pilot decides to quit his job.
Arkanon
+3|6726|London, UK
Yes, automatic warnings would be nice.

But that's incompetence. I can deal with that to some extent. But being dumped into the red zone is just malice. What causes the pilot to do it is beyond me.
CC-Marley
+407|6860
You can kick a co-pilot out? That's news to me....also it is fairly easy to pick up a co-pilot.
Jingotsu
+0|6741|Ontario, Canada
Yeah, what button lets you kick some one out?
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6771
I dont think you can kick out. You may be hitting your enter/eject keys in the jet which causes you to eject. A pilot cant eject you out.
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6760|USA
that does suck if they bail on you like tht. if your pilot jumps out just move to the main seat and fly away. and FYI you can land and pick someone up i do it all the time (land anyway) its easier to pick someone up if the pilot flys real low and the person that wants in hits the enter key (i have a zboard so i dnt knw what the enter key is)
Arkanon
+3|6726|London, UK
Well, maybe it's a bug. Maybe instead of beginning the punish injury for being in the non-combat zone, the game suddenly forgets I'm in the jet. In which case, it definitely needs to be fixed for the next patch.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6793|Internet!
Were you perhaps typing when this happened? Whenever I end my sentances in E while in a vehicle, I occasionally get booted out of the jet and fall to my death. Really annoying.

If that's not it, then I have no idea what it could be...
Arkanon
+3|6726|London, UK
No, but now you say that, I do notice that the chat field often has characters already in it that I didn't type, so maybe the input buffer is buggy.
CC-Marley
+407|6860
I think you just hit E.
Arkanon
+3|6726|London, UK
I don't have my left hand over those keys when I'm copilot.

By the way... why do you have two accounts?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard