SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6784|Scotland!!!
can you?      just thinking of basic zipline badge and basic grappling badge, 10 uses, is that IAR? that would mean u gota die 10 times!
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6856|Germany
No, you can pick it up with the 'use' key (usually 'e').
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6775|Arizona
My default for pickup was "G"...same key to pick up kit.
psychotoxic187
+11|6718
Pressing "e" will put you on the zipline or grapling hook, you have to press g to pick it up.
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6856|Germany
Whoops -- sorry for that, I mixed it up... should go and play more...
ATAT_FUBAR
+0|6722|Illinois
if you want to get zip line and grappling hook easier just stay at uncap base climb up building with hook and jump off or zip line down , remember to pick them up..... yes cheesy way to get them but dont have the time to throw a rope during a fire fight

Last edited by ATAT_FUBAR (2005-12-29 05:42:53)

SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6784|Scotland!!!
thanks guys
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6853|Germany / Saxony

ATAT_FUBAR wrote:

dont have the time to throw a rope during a fire fight
W00t? When I´m playing warlord I use the grappling hook up to 30 times in a round, during firefight.
It´s great to get into the palace from unexpected places...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6828|ATX
and no, I don't believe that it's 10 uses in a round, just 10 global uses...
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6749|In your head
Nah it is 10 in a round as well with tactical support and zip line but for veteran and expert it is global.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6724
I got all three of those badges in one round... start as assault, throw grapple, pick up, lather rinse repeat till you get the badge... you don't even have to climb it, just throw it... next comes the flashbangs, just go somewhere quiet (people get pissed if you throw them at them) and toss away (even easier if you have a supply crate or support guy handy)... once thats done respawn as spec ops and just shoot the zipline into a random wall... again, don't need to use it to get credit, just pick it up and do it again.... takes about 5 minutes or so total to get all three badges.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6749|In your head
But it takes hours to get the expert.....I still working on those......grrrrrr stupid EA and there ridiculous reqs.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6766|Brixham, UK
They were probably making them so high to take a look at the average usage of ziplines and stuff and then adjust the requirements based on the average usages.
MotherGoose
+0|6816
OMG,

I've been trying to get both the zipline and grappling hook badges and didn't know you can pick them up!

I've been calling supplies and 95% of the time, I wouldn't get resupplied - strangely, I have been resupplied a Zipline once by a box, but not always!  I was just going to ask if it was a bug in the game that I wasn't getting resupplied all the time.

Thanks for the tip!
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6770|Internet!
You do get resupplied all the time. It just takes a lot longer than regular ammunition.

Not sure if Support guys carry 'em around in their little baggies though.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6736|Germany

readmeServer.txt in your BF2 folder wrote:

GRAPPLING HOOK AND ZIP LINE RELOAD TIME
- The grappling hook and zip line take roughly 15 seconds to reload at the resupply
   crate.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-01-04 17:48:50)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6735|Debris From Space
Yep, it's G.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard