Teargas!0%0% - 0
I don't like gay men in black swimsuits4%4% - 10
I can't install SF, heeelp meeee :(2%2% - 5
All of the above8%8% - 20
Your option25%25% - 63
Total: 249
RDMC_old
+0|6735|Almere, Holland
I played BF2 for 397 hours at the moment and guess how much off that total time is SF?.. well. 14hours! why? because all the weapons of SF I can use in BF2.. I hate most maps.. no points to go for medals.. since it takes ages.. and there are no planes! and i'm trying to improve my flighing skills..
bgthigfist
+0|6804
I like the emphasis on infantry and the limiting of vehicle whoring which can totally dominate several BF2 maps.  I still don't like the night vision maps, or at least areas with jarring transitions between night and light.  I like sniping down from the devil's perch with the BF2 medic unlock.  It sounds like a pellet gun, but it drops guys like flies.  I love my new SF medic unlock, and just wish I could use it in SF.  I find it owns on Warlord when I can play as SAS.
TheBeast2116
+0|6670

Kobrakai wrote:

Flyboy63 wrote:

what you do on SF doesnt count toward progress in BF except for your point score.
Everything you do in special forces counts towards all the awards in BF2, any vanilla award can be earnt in special forces.
Does the time you put in per side count towards vanilla medals? Like the Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar and People's Medallion?
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6729|Rochester, NY
Night Maps make my eyes go crazy, still prefer my classic selection.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
I like Warlord; Ghost I am not very good at but like the setup -- too many snipers on that map, can't stand still for a second; Iron Gator is fun as hell -- as long as you can get on the boat, which is 1 in 3 tries. (the best way and easiest is take the APC all the way into the belly with a squad; I get in everytime now..so far); Mass Destruction is also fun - esp defending attacking the chemical plant and the first flag; Surge is a walk fest. Night Maps bite MuddButt.
clncmmndr
+5|6774|Laguna Beach, CA
EA had better patch this shitty piece of crap XPack before I demand my money back.

Lag+Shit Maps+Long Loading Times+F2000GL Whores+Game Crashes = A Horrible Game experience
Co77er
+0|6668
love the night maps, hate the F2000/GL, a gun that strong shouldnt have the grenade launcher attachment, just like the g3. just overall, i dont like the maps, not my type.
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6703
i bought it but i hate the maps except iron gater a heli whoring map but i love the unlocks
classic maps are way better like strike at Karkland
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6715
I just don't play SF cause it's no fun...
A=10
+-2|6786|U.K DURHAM
got sf game because it looked good but wtf i think its pure crap so i will keep playing bf2 plus i like to have every thing in a game. plus  i like choppers planes tanks all going at it more fun than running about on just 1 infantry map.
[g0t]JediPimp
Banned
+0|6748
The Lag sucks ass most of the time, but you can find some decent servers with 24x7 maps.

The night maps suck, and its a shame the US gets stuck playing on two night maps which explains why I haven't earning ribbons yet for time in theater.

Fav maps are Ghost and Warlord.

EA really needs to work on that Iron Gator map because right now I'd rather watch a video of Goatse man ass fuck himself than play on that map.
Fynath
+0|6674|Columbus, OH
I dislike SF because I got awful framerates when I tried to play it. If this patch fixes it, I might play it more often, because infantry is the win.
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6738|San Diego
I like the night maps,  I got both my veteran sniper and assault badges on it.  The maps are okay, but Im still not familar with the maps.  What I hate about Special Forces,  is that if you want to switch from a regular BF2 to a SF server, it takes such a long time, and I wish that the servers for Special Forces can put the BF2 maps into the rotation,  instead of having to exit out of SF then back into BF2 to play.  That is my number one gripe.

Can you use the zipline & teargas in regular BF2?  I seen people use the flashbang in Karkand,  thats why Im asking.
imdead
Death StatPadder

usmarine2005 wrote:

OneThursday wrote:

US_JackHammer wrote:

Agreed, the night maps suck, and all the servers are set on full rotations.

In regular Bf2 I can find plenty of servers set only to city map rotations.
Try my clan, ESU city maps only, the rotation is warlord, ghost town, surge, mass destruction, with warlord being every 2 maps.
Best server.  I play ESU only.
Same here -- USM or ESU all the way. And usually just Warlord servers(superserver 24/7Warlord); I find it amusing to go straight for the palace; or if insurgents stay at the tv station to snipe crap.

Last edited by imdead (2006-01-26 19:27:21)

DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6770|Virginia, United States
im a sgt major and i love special forces, its awesome and if u dont like the night maps its prolly cuz u suck at them, the graphics for it r good, the same as regular bf2 so whoever said the graphics r worst on sf is a complete dumbass, i think most people dont like sf becuz u cant spawnkill with armor as easy or be an armor whore and its actually based on skill with usin a gun, the maps r good on sf, all of them a matter of fact, regular bf2 has a couple maps i like all the others r alright, also there is more gl whores who shoot directly at their feet on the regular game.  sf is awesome.
Metamort
+19|6684
I play SF a lot since I got it, (especially Warlord, really nice for infantry combat) but I really want to use Ziplines, Grapplers, & tear gas on maps such as Karkand, Mashtuur, and Sharqui. I really think it would add a lot (and I just like making my own pathways) It would make storming the hotel (on karkand) more strategic - say get a grappling hook up to a nearby building and zipline down over their heads and the balcony straight to the flag.

Sadly, I don't like the maps besides Iron Gator and Warlord a lot; I think the MEC need an easier way to get onto the carrier on Iron Gator, so I don't even play that a lot.

I've noticed since I started playing on SF I like the medic less, because you can't use the G36E (I <3 the G36 series ) and theres no grappling hook, zipline or other gadget to make up for it.

Devils Perch is a good night map, but the one time I played Leviathan I despised it.

I agree we need map rotations including SF and BF2 vanilla; this would also allow us SF players to get SF Badges & Ribbons on BF2 vanilla maps (obviously not faction - specifics, however)

As a side note, I wish the air spawn for the SAS in Warlord was actually an aircraft; maybe some circling military transport - YOU could decide when to jump instead of spawning in mid air for no apparent reason
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
OK , I dont play it much cause of ....

1}Have to use a different start up icon for SF effectively spliting the games apart. = weak & rushed out

2}Night maps weak with 1st generation night vision. = rushed out

3}Flashbangs , whos idea was this for pitys sake & a badge for it ?! = are you kidding me!

4}Too many sides! FFS lets decide what sides to put in the game instead of putting 6 different ones. I like the russians but i'll be damned if I play those 2 maps 24/7 just to get a russian soldier in my stats pic.               = dissapointing

5}Weak Vehicles, come on this is war not mad max with souped up dunebuggys. = lame

6}Maps , some are good but most are terrible. = rushed out

7}Trying to improve my game, not too become fodder on maps im not solid on yet, scores seem lower as well.

The reedeming qualitys are a bigger toolbox with xtra guns , and a few ribbons to get frustrated cause your not getting them. Hope the next couple add ons arent rushed but who knows greed can make bad things happen.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Need to get used to it, I see no difference between Warlord and Karkand. Give it a chance... more than one.  The shadowing is a little too dark in some maps, like Ghosttown; which is no different than Sharqi (other than the shading) and Surge is no different than Oilfields. That's how I look at it now, I used to hate it because it was ..... different.... Now it's a new ballgame and I enjoy Warlord/Ghost and Mass.
Rakasan
+7|6836|California, USA
I enjoyed Warlord, Mass Destruction, and Ghostown, but it was laggy as hell for me.  I am reinstalling winblowz without SF.  I will probably reinstall SF once I get a supercomputer.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6773|Dallas, Tx
Hate the night maps.  Never liked city combat much either.  Plus I finally have learned the vanilla maps somewhat.
hatoonamathatha
+0|6657
due to bad servers ..........and bad service ........some people cant do that!!!!!!!!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
Night maps are a pain in the ass, XFire is incompatible with SF, everything seems harder to do as far as vehicles go, and it seems to be a lot more laggy too.  What do you expect from a game that wasn't even tested before release?  The only thing I like is that some kits will get you shitloads of points on some maps, SAS Medic on Nightflight for example.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-02-06 05:11:14)

Skinnister
+43|6724|UK
i already done a forum on this search man search
Skinnister
+43|6724|UK
old forum on this same topic jeez http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=8861
raz
+22|6663|England, UK
I don't got it, but i got the unlocks nywayz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard