+0|5962
so do i. Cause baldie en me know whose pro <3
JAyThaRevo
+31|6286|Austria
u guys are all dumb

"bf2 dying @ it's creation" <--- wtf
soo many ppl say bf2 is dead
alright i don't give fuck what u thinking
but bf2 is not dead.... just a new champions leauge has been announced any many ppl coming back

like xGx

go away if u think bf2 is dead
kthybye
BlackKoala
+215|6325

JAyThaRevo wrote:

u guys are all dumb

"bf2 dying @ it's creation" <--- wtf
soo many ppl say bf2 is dead
alright i don't give fuck what u thinking
but bf2 is not dead.... just a new champions leauge has been announced any many ppl coming back

like xGx

go away if u think bf2 is dead
kthybye
It is dead.  Even a year ago there were hundreds of teams, I would be surprised if there were 50 active teams right now.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6286|Austria
rofl

50 teams???

u have no idea how many clans are out there
Lonely-Gunman{NL}
+0|5962
the average level of bf2 these days is on public hero level. Thats why bf2 is dead.
darkhorror
+1|6273
Most of the servers out there don't even have a single good player in them. I have no clue who the best infantry player I have played against. Most of the good ones were in Pro servers.

it's really too bad that this game isn't still alive like it used to be. It still feels like the only game of it's kind. I really hope BF3 turns out to be great.

Last edited by darkhorror (2008-01-03 07:27:09)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
the TOP guys are pretty good infy.  i don't see as many as i used to, but when they played together, they use good squad tactics, so even if you get one or two, they'll kill and revive.  they are a good example of the sum of the whole being greater than the individual parts.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6189|Bay Area, CA

JAyThaRevo wrote:

rofl

50 teams???

u have no idea how many clans are out there
I'm not trying to talk smack or insult you...I just want to make sure that you know there is a BIG difference between a "team" and a "clan". They are not the same thing.

A clan can have a team or be a team, but most do not. Teams are groups involved in competition. Clans can be whatever they want and are almost always strictly pub players and most don't have a clue about how to really play BF2.

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but there are WAY fewer teams left in North America. There are some newer teams but the number of actual teams is not even close to what it used to be.

BF2 is dying competition-wise. There is still a strong pub scene though.

I don't think the game is dead either, but its heyday has passed..that's for sure.
steelie34
pub hero!

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

Clans can be whatever they want and are almost always strictly pub players and most don't have a clue about how to really play BF2.
what exactly do you mean by "don't have a clue about how to really play bf2...?"
JAyThaRevo
+31|6286|Austria
pub players are using unlocks and naab kits or spam claymores
that's how the game shouldn't be played.....

if one of those pub hero would play against some decent guy with match experience and without unlocks he wouldn't have ANY chance
steelie34
pub hero!
i've owned plenty of so called "pros" who did nothing but talk shit in a pub about how "all u noobs don't know how to play bf2."  seeing people type that is probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen.  what it says to me, is that they can do fine in their controlled environment with no unlocks and their team of homies on voip, but get completely raped in a pub server where anything goes, including g36/clay whores, no teamwork, and complete idiots that might even be on your team.  learning how to win and even dominate a pub server means you can handle waaaaay more situations than any "pro" match.  i watched a so called heli pro leave a server bc of all the "j10 whores."  learning how to deal with j10s and still dominate with a heli makes you a much better opponent than just firing tv missles back and forth trying to win the range game.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6302|The | Netherlands

Lonely-Gunman{NL} wrote:

so do i. Cause baldie en me know whose pro <3
And I know who's a pathetic attention whore.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6365|California
im still the best
and i have a srs question
how the hell you get in warchild eagles? lol bbq
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

JAyThaRevo wrote:

if one of those pub hero would play against some decent guy with match experience and without unlocks he wouldn't have ANY chance
Disgusting.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6189|Bay Area, CA

steelie34 wrote:

=6thAD=KJ43 wrote:

Clans can be whatever they want and are almost always strictly pub players and most don't have a clue about how to really play BF2.
what exactly do you mean by "don't have a clue about how to really play bf2...?"
Well considering the differences between pub play and competitive play maybe what I should have said was "don't have a clue how to win a BF2 game".

If you think that any of the top competitive players never pubbed and have no idea about J10's etc. then you might be thinking of the infantry only players that even when they pub only play infy only.

It doesn't sound like you have any idea of who the top comp players are (I can only speak to NA players) because I promise you...they will rape a pub in all aspects if they still cared to do so.

I'm not passing any judgments on any one person being good or bad. I've played with many a good pub player that has never played comp also. I'm just saying that the vast majority of BF2 players are clueless about what is needed to be done to win.

I'm also not going to debate about snipers, unlocks or any of that other crap. To me that isn't what really separates a good player from a bad player or a well rounded player from a player that only does a few things in the game.

I'm not sure what your experience is with comp but you have to actually match up against the top teams to really know for yourself who is deserving of being considered a "pro" player. You can't just listen to gossip or whatever it is people say about someone being good or not.

I'm bad, but I've still played against many of the top NA players (HOT, Warchild, Dynamic, 20ID) in 8v8 (vehicles) and 5v5 (infy only) as well as played 12v12 matches against one of the greatest pilots to play the game (Elder).

Saying a comp player doesn't know the game completely is a bad generalization and to me shows lack of experience in what one is talking about.
Baldrick
+2|5975
In Summer 2006 I could put a warbot out and have a game within 1 minute. I could start a gather which would be full in 5minutes...less if I amsg'd IRC.
Now, I put out a warbot and get no reply. Gather's take 15mins to fill.
DuMa Sir
+0|6193

JAyThaRevo wrote:

If the game shouldnt be played that way than it should have been made that way.

People crying "unlock that"," spam this" are babies. There are enough ROE's crying about things that are within the games capabilities is im-mature.

War is about suprise and death, Adaption and overcoming.

Im proud to kill any other enemy in any way possible.

PLEASE#STOP#CRYING
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

DuMa Sir wrote:

JAyThaRevo wrote:

If the game shouldnt be played that way than it should have been made that way.

People crying "unlock that"," spam this" are babies. There are enough ROE's crying about things that are within the games capabilities is im-mature.

War is about suprise and death, Adaption and overcoming.

Im proud to kill any other enemy in any way possible.

PLEASE#STOP#CRYING
have no skill? then here have a unlock.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Nakamp
+25|6194|Czech Republic

.Sup wrote:

Yeah, that's why Imm0rtals have unlocks allowed on their server j/k
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
I find it kinda funny when I see clans using unlocks.

I really only use some unlocks when playing, for instance I'll never use the G36E unless it's a kit I pick up, I'll only ever used the L8 if I'm playing on a big inf map as USMC, if I'm China/Mec I'll use the AK. M24/SVD/Type 98 are > any unlocks.

Hell, I even use the M16A2 as assault, the G3 is alright but meh, 20 bullets.

I do like the Dao however.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6189|Bay Area, CA
I don't know if many pub players really understands why comp players don't use unlocks.

The reason comp players don't use them is because they can't be used in matches (unless you are playing sf matches). So when comp players pub they use stock weapons to get as much practice as possible with the weapons that they will use in a match.

I personally don't use unlocks unless I pick them up either. I'm done with BF2 comp at this point so I won't have a team leader giving me shit for using them any more, but at this point I've grown to love using the stock weapons (even the base AT weapons) and probably won't be using unlocks.

There really isn't any reason to crap on pubbies for using them but I will say that for the most part you will find the better infantry players using stock weapons. To each their own is my motto though.
darkhorror
+1|6273
The problem is that many of these pub only players never play against any of the good league players in anything where they will actually use all there skill. They will do things in a pub server they would never do in a match against a good team. Also just because someone plays in a comp doesn't mean they are good. There are a ton of players that aren't good and get destroyed by the good teams.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

im still the best
and i have a srs question
how the hell you get in warchild eagles? lol bbq
lul

warchild doesn't play bf2 anymore, only cod4, he's on their cod4 team

LUL
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6496|UK , Birmingham

Baldrick wrote:

In Summer 2006 I could put a warbot out and have a game within 1 minute. I could start a gather which would be full in 5minutes...less if I amsg'd IRC.
Now, I put out a warbot and get no reply. Gather's take 15mins to fill.
HaawwK
+31|5985|Bolton

Nakamp wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Yeah, that's why Imm0rtals have unlocks allowed on their server j/k
thats why we just rolled your mix team

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard