I'll take two
+132|6810|Perth, Western Australia

Aries_37 wrote:

Its called the noob tube for a reason.
Because it annoys noobs?
Phrozenbot
+632|6641|do not disturb

T.Pike wrote:

I never really used them in BF2, started to in Cod$ just for the "Ouch" challenges.

I think they're pretty effective especially when paired with Sonic Boom.

Anyone ever play CoD4 w/ Harvey Camper ? It's the only thing he EVER uses, gets flamed a lot.
Yea, but he was no match for my M16.
basetballjones
+30|6774
it is pretty damned ridiculous how effective the nade launcher is, as well as the P90.  I'm all for skill and even getting "pwnd" but those two weapons turn COD4 into something like Quake with more desert camo.

Seriously, if you manage to live through merely glimpsing a player with a P90 you are almost assured that wherever you just ducked, there will be a noob nade on it's way.

I like this game a hell of alot more without perks, I think...  It gets kinda old getting the drop on someone with an M60 only to have them shrug it off and lay you down with a P90 at over 100 yards.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6493
M16A4 + GL + SonicBoom = RAPE RAPE RAPE!!!!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

M16A4 + GL + SonicBoom = RAPE RAPE RAPE!!!!
FUCK YES! I just made a new profile specifically for that and it OWNS HARD.

I want a perk that allows Sonic Boom to come with a little mushroom cloud.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6547
congrats. you're only 2 months late...
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

basetballjones wrote:

t gets kinda old getting the drop on someone with an M60 only to have them shrug it off and lay you down with a P90 at over 100 yards.
LOL the guy that uses an m60 is whinging about people using un balanced weapons!

Oh the irony that courses through me right now, you could bottle it!

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2007-12-30 09:44:32)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6600|London

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Because it annoys noobs?
YES FO' SURE

btw roflmao at your sig: 'pistol>m16>ak101' you are obviously teh good at video gamez
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6868|Reykjavík, Iceland.
GL is for pussies

Real men use RPG.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6488|meh-land
first round i used the GLs i went 5:1 lol...
it was pretty hilarious tbh, i destroyed the server pretty much
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6493

PBAsydney wrote:

GL is for pussies

Real men use RPG.
I used to use the RPG, but then I realized I never hit anything with them.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6679|USA
RPG through a winder or up a staircase on a crowded server is a guaranteed kill; it's more or less a non-lethal (for you, anyway) martyrdom. GL's are fun when used properly, not so when they are the sole wpn used, though the M16 w/ M203 is pretty kickass on hardcore, since either 1 GL or 1 burst are lethal.

@ masterstyle-- yeah, a P90 w/ GL would be both awesome and make the G36E look like a peashooter in terms of 'noob' guns.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

Aries_37 wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Because it annoys noobs?
YES FO' SURE

btw roflmao at your sig: 'pistol>m16>ak101' you are obviously not a KArkand whore at video gamez
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|6011|Aus, Qld
I use it on my g36, wif double tap and marty. Arent i popular..
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
l41e
+677|6673

UK|Hooligan wrote:

they die even if you hit them or not.
I believe you're missing the point of them being "grenades" and not "bullets".
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6261|Uk
in certain circumstances they are and others it takes skill, i have a friend who is in the top 50 in the world on xbox and on bog he can hit cars either end from the other end every time which takes skill, and he can do it on various other levels hitting places to get 2 or 3 kills from the off
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6505|Somewhere else

I cant stand it, people who use it, empty it and go die, to do it all again, nver using thier gun.

But, im the kinda guy that rips around a corner gun blazing take two or three guys out, knowing i'll die, just so my martyrdom will clean the rest of the room out.  So I guess I have no room to talk.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6646|London, England

bakinacake wrote:

I use it on my g36 and m4, wif overkill and marty. Arent i popular..
Fixed
Lynx14
+41|5996
Just figure, overkill, 2 grenade launchers and martydom + 1 grenade, thats practically 5-6 kills a death if you know how to use it.

Edit

Sydney brought up a great point, what about RPGs, they are probably even better than GL, they detonate at around 2 feet away o_O

Last edited by Lynx14 (2007-12-31 10:26:28)

Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6022
RPGs are too inaccurate
Lynx14
+41|5996
I beg to differ! Always wanted to say that but if your around 5-25 feet you can own just about anyone. Longer ranges its a piece of shat.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6645|Mhz

I can't stand GLs, I feel cheap using them, the only reason I have one in one of my kits is for one of the Humiliation achievements (totally forgotten the name), as for RPGs I'm not sure I've hit anything but helicopters with one
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6488|meh-land

Nordemus wrote:

RPGs are too inaccurate
the proper usage of the RPG is to jump around a corner, acquire a target, decide if it's close enough, aim down, click, run away

if they aren't close enough you sprint back behind cover and jump out somewhere else and repeat
result is epic lulz and win

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard