Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

Titch2349 wrote:

BF2s Mod Server is up and running with the Map.

IP: 84.244.186.53:16567
PW: forkyfork

(few people on atm if anyone wants to join.....)
Just been on there...you cant get past the "barricades" at the joint across the water thats on the 16player map (outside Power Plant).

How do you get across it??

Last edited by Snake (2008-01-04 15:53:33)

RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6454|California

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The eighth is a Tuesday, you would have really bad turnout if you don't put it on a weekend.
why not this weekend on Sunday?

O and if anyone who doesn't have a team needs one I can go on one. I don't care whether its drive or gun.
Slarty
+37|5975|Ingerland

Snake wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

BF2s Mod Server is up and running with the Map.

PW: forkyfork

(few people on atm if anyone wants to join.....)
Just been on there...you cant get past the "barricades" at the joint across the water thats on the 16player map (outside Power Plant).

How do you get across it??
Ditto, just been on to look at the route etc and the same for me.

Interestingly though, if you get out of your boat you can walk through the buildings lol.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6500|Gogledd Cymru

https://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/surgeon_2006/screen045.jpg

Hax tbh.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6840|Texas
confirmed... the map is messed up, no route past mid-way....

Also, in the area where you can walk through structures (end of the river at mid map) you also can't go prone on the ground for some reason

Also, VOIP is set to ON per the server side options, but when I was testing it with my teammate we couldn't communicate on squad chat or commander/SL chat.  We'd see the transmit indicator but neither one of us could hear anything or see the indicator that someone else was talking in chat...  Comms are going to be a pretty big part in this race I think, it might be nice to have it enabled & working...
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6283
Dude,sign more people up.Im 100 sure that not even half of these players who signed up will show up.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England

Private_Adam wrote:

rh27 wrote:

I still need a teammate if anyone isn't in one who wants a team.

Driver/Gunner I don't mind.
I can be your teammate if you want me to be.
Sure, we just need a team name then.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

Do you get all the boats spawning at the China main, with the US spawn moved to the China base as well.

I can't go ingame, cos my BF2 doesn't work, but Simon joined 4 days ago, when the server was origionally set up, and he had no problems then.

I'll speak to liquidat0r, to see if anything's been changed on the server.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6752|OctoLand

Titch2349 wrote:

Do you get all the boats spawning at the China main, with the US spawn moved to the China base as well.

I'll speak to liquidat0r, to see if anything's been changed on the server.
Yes, it's just the bit in the middle is the 1 problem.
I know fucking karate
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

Initially my thoughts are that you as clients are generating the mesh of the buildings.

The solididity (new word!) of the buildings are done by the server- in which I have removed the buildings. Your games are showing the building, even though its not there.

I guess it will be fixable by moving the object, rather than deleting it, but ill have a better look tomorrow.
JackerP
aka S.J.N.P.0717
+21|6289|Mo Val, Cali
I loved the walking on water hack.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England

Titch2349 wrote:

Initially my thoughts are that you as clients are generating the mesh of the buildings.

The solididity (new word!) of the buildings are done by the server- in which I have removed the buildings. Your games are showing the building, even though its not there.

I guess it will be fixable by moving the object, rather than deleting it, but ill have a better look tomorrow.
Yes, that's actually what's happening. It is possible to drive the boat straight through the building.

You can't see the correct path though, so if you get it wrong the boat gets stuck. =\
Skorpy-chan
+127|6356|Twyford, UK
This is starting to sound like it should become a fully-fledged mod at some point.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

Skorpy-chan wrote:

This is starting to sound like it should become a fully-fledged mod at some point.
It works fine now- it just isn't as expected (you can drive through the buildings).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punkbuster/ EA/ DICE has just completely fucked me off.

So I enable content checking on a server, and what I expect is as follows.....

If the server / client data isn't the same, the server gives the client its version
OR
The client gets kicked for modifed content.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS
Punkbuster thinks "who gives a shit, i'll let you in, with a completely different version, and won't do anything about it"

This is, incase you haven't noticed, a complete rant, with no actual meaning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is what I can do.

• Forget the whole tournament- but becuase of 1 building, that you can drive through anyway, this doesn't really seem appropiate
  • Give you THE OPTION of downloading the files- if you don't download them, the buildings will appear- no problem, drive through them. If you download the files, you see the map in all its glory.

The choice is yours- since Punkbuster aparently doesn't give a shit about what version you join with, clients joining with 2 different version's shouldn't be a problem- hell, you could even join with a version of strike at karkand, and it will probably let you on.

Mirror 1
Rapidshare
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England
A point to note, it's probably best not to put the backup of FuShe in the BF2 folder as it likes to error at unexpected files. I put it on my second hard drive instead.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

The event is taking place on SATURDAY 12TH JANUARY 2007, AT 7PM GMT

I am working ( :< ) , Simon will be on the server.

• Join the server will ample time to spare before the start of the race
  • Contact me or Simon for the server password
  • 15 minutes before the race starts (6:45), the passwords will be posted on here, so all the reserves/ anyone else can join to fill up the free spaces.
  • If you don't get on, we arn't kicking people- you should have got on earlier!
  • Please join the server before hand, with the version you are intending to use (see above post) to check it works

Page to show what time 19:00 actually is in your part of the world....
Its taking place in..... 12 Jan 2008 19:00:00 GMT

Hope you all have fun, hope it all goes well, and I'm sorry for the server problems.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2008-01-06 09:32:31)

rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England
Another thing I just noticed. The Assault Kit Grenade Launcher kills boats with one shot. You might want to change that before the race.

As for the mod, it's really ugly but at least it works well.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

rh27 wrote:

As for the mod, it's really ugly but at least it works well.
Is this with or without the download?

With the download, its not that bad- its only the blue water that is a problem .

However, about the GL- thanks, I will change it.

Last edited by Titch2349 (2008-01-06 06:20:28)

rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6607|England
Yeah with the mod I was referring to. The blue water. I'm just obsessive about my graphics, it's still a really well done mod.

The boat seems to nearly always flip at that dip in the course but never actually capsizes so I think it's all good.
GroeFaZErdi
+6|6515
great fun...
you still havent updated the list with my teammate and our team.... Sebastian24 and GroeFaZ_Erdi for =GWMD= ....another time
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6840|Texas
why don't you change the map name and force the download so everyone's playing w/ the same map?

particularly because the ones not downloading it can't go through the buildings as if they're not there... we hit them first then eventually get through which means automatic loss...

why isn't the VOIP working?

and wtf... thanks rh27 for ruining Team Titanic's game plan w/ the GL
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5992|Toronto
Um, that's set up for FEBRUARY 12th. Issue!!

Last edited by TSI (2008-01-06 09:23:34)

I like pie.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6363|uk

TSI wrote:

Um, that's set up for FEBRUARY 12th. Issue!!
mmmmmmmmmmmm. it was the time that i was mainly trying to convey, but edited none-the-less

ph4s3 wrote:

why don't you change the map name and force the download so everyone's playing w/ the same map?
I can do that quite easily, but I want as many people to take part as possible- it's their loss if they dont download the mod, and take ages getting throuhg[/url]

particularly because the ones not downloading it can't go through the buildings as if they're not there... we hit them first then eventually get through which means automatic loss...
I wasn't aware of this, and have been told thousands of different accounts of what is/isn't working on this server, and it is really starting to annoy me- can someone/ anyone tell me the exact details that are affectly the middle island- a video would be great, screenshots would be ok.

why isn't the VOIP working?
Dunno=- speak to liquida0r

Last edited by Titch2349 (2008-01-06 12:15:01)

ph4s3
engineer
+34|6840|Texas
just downloaded fraps, i'll see what i can do
Eldu
+62|6118|Belgium
Sry guys, going to have to cancell. My bad . Gary will find someone else though probably.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard