Bernadictus
+1,055|6742

... but you can't spare 1000+ Euros? Then ask for the student edition!

https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2797/photo1ug8.jpg

238 Euro's for Design Standard instead of 1519 Euro's.

Only down-side: you are not supposed to do commercial work with it.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6725|Scotland
why is the slogan "master deadlines"

how so? that's surely a personal skill not something software can do???? or can it?
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6538|Cardiff
paying keeps coders who make good programs in business
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6457|Cambridge, UK

Bernadictus wrote:

Thank you for derailing a thread. Someday you might understand the value of licensed software.
The Student Edition is still only 'licensed software' if you qualify... i.e. a student of some form...

I'd buy it for the student price but not for full price ..... and no that dosnt mean I have a knocked of version
voodoodolphins
+92|6708

DeathUnlimited wrote:

There are occasions you are going to be fucked if you get it for free.
Nope, because I get it for free from my university legally that is
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6815|NÃ¥rvei

Bernadictus wrote:

Thank you for derailing a thread. Someday you might understand the value of licensed software.
That seldom have any meaning before you actually sell licensed products yourself
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6852|"Frisco"

The other HUGE issue with Student software is that, technically, you are forbidden from doing anything commercial with it. So, you'll eventually have to shell out for the full package if you get a job with it anyway. I never checked, but I'd hope you can get an "upgrade" to full from a student, otherwise you'll actually end up spending MORE money.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Bernadictus wrote:

And, to most, $200+ is still way too much.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bernadictus
+1,055|6742

Bump for people that are asking about Student versions in other threads.
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5924|Minneapolis, MN
The serial code isn't actually included in the package.  You have to go to an Adobe Student License website where you register for a serial number.  They ask you for all your information (name, address, school, degree, etc.).  I know this because I just purchased the Production Premium CS3 from my school and I just got it yesterday and that is the process I had to go through to get my serial number.

So you have to blatantly lie to Adobe on their site to get the serial number unless you're actually a student.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada

chuyskywalker wrote:

The other HUGE issue with Student software is that, technically, you are forbidden from doing anything commercial with it. So, you'll eventually have to shell out for the full package if you get a job with it anyway. I never checked, but I'd hope you can get an "upgrade" to full from a student, otherwise you'll actually end up spending MORE money.
Exactly.

I don't see the point if you can't upgrade it.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

As long as it's occasional 20-dollar jobs I doubt Adobe would care - right?

-konfusion
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5924|Minneapolis, MN
Well if you profit from using their software, technically you're breaking the license agreement I think.  Will they be knocking down your door?  Probably not, but it's still not legal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard