69Crzy
+7|6128|Florida
The best way to get 5000 driver special ability points ??
Must take a long time, a lot of people don't have it...............

Last edited by 69Crzy (2007-12-26 20:32:29)

MetaL*
Banned
+188|6172|Anaheim, Mexifornia
be a gunner/driver in a tank be medic or engineer to fix/heal others near you
Sabr1y0
+10|6140
Fly an attack chopper
69Crzy
+7|6128|Florida
Thanks, I need to start playing more vehicle levels.
Me Likey infantry........... lol
Hakei
Banned
+295|6010
Gulf of Oman + Good Su Pilot + Full Server = Pwn.
t0mhank5
+319|6727|Surge
I get a Medal of Valor every time i join a server ^^

Last edited by t0mhank5 (2007-12-26 21:43:50)

69Crzy
+7|6128|Florida
Damn, your good............. lol
t0mhank5
+319|6727|Surge
Yeah, its just a glitch cause I have 2x the requirements for the medal, and every time i join a server, BF2 recognizes that I earn the medal again. But it doesnt record in stats, so I just keep getting it.

Aaanyway, yeah. Best thing to do is to get good at piloting attack helicopters, theres a shortage of good pilots in BF2. Practice on singleplayer if you must, learn the gunner's view and range in chain gun and TV mode, get the hang of smooth circle strafing, firing rockets, etc. Best map for driver kill assists is of course Sharqi in the Havok, but its often hard to get. I could go on, but it would be better to watch a guide, like this one: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=79443
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

Learn to fly the HIND, get on Gator and rape the decks.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6342|Australia
The best way is to fly a chopper with a good gunner, but other ways exist. Piloting a Bomber is pretty good, but one good way i've found is to get a good APC driver on a city map (Warlord for me), sit in there as engy and repair everytime they get hit. Doing this in a tank isn't as easy, seeing as ducking in the turret does sweet FA for protecting you.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6495|Somewhere else

I have no intention of getting this award, I bet EA will keep the stats going for a good while, but the server lists and players are thinning out, by no means is it dead, but if the BF3 rumors are true, BF3 will murder BF2, after about a dozen patches make BF3 playable.

5,000 driver points is insane, especially if you don't like to fly.  I don't fly mainly for ONE damn reason.  Fighting pansy ass teammates for vehicles.  I want to play a game, If i can pick up an award along the way, neat. But the bullshit you have to go through to fly.  No thanks, I think it's just a game.

Hell,  I am almost at veteran Helo badge.  How?  The fucking transport chopper.  90% of my helo time is in the transport.  The drama and bitching over aircraft isn't even worth... well, the bitching and the drama to get it.  I am getting burnt out on BF2, Love the game, few hours away from Vet helo, but I'll only get it if I'm having fun doing it.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6550

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I have no intention of getting this award, I bet EA will keep the stats going for a good while, but the server lists and players are thinning out, by no means is it dead, but if the BF3 rumors are true, BF3 will murder BF2, after about a dozen patches make BF3 playable.

5,000 driver points is insane, especially if you don't like to fly.  I don't fly mainly for ONE damn reason.  Fighting pansy ass teammates for vehicles.  I want to play a game, If i can pick up an award along the way, neat. But the bullshit you have to go through to fly.  No thanks, I think it's just a game.

Hell,  I am almost at veteran Helo badge.  How?  The fucking transport chopper.  90% of my helo time is in the transport.  The drama and bitching over aircraft isn't even worth... well, the bitching and the drama to get it.  I am getting burnt out on BF2, Love the game, few hours away from Vet helo, but I'll only get it if I'm having fun doing it.
Heh, thats like my view on tanks, I hate them. Getting 5k driver points was easy and I got it a long time ago, I just love being a helo pilot. I'm at almost 9k driver points now, and if I played the game more,  I know it would go up a lot. Good luck getting it if you ever decide to try.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6670

Heli whores rack up loads of driver kill assists, which = driver points.

For some people it's the hardest to get, and for others it's the easiest. It all depends on your play style.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6610|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Statpad
Drexel
+43|6491|Philadelphia
Heh, I got like 500 in a round last night.  (of course it's unranked)

We got 8 engineers and.... Let's just say, wake really does have a submarine in it.

Keep an eye out for my thread on it coming soon.   
mnishimura00
I ruin Wake Island for everybody.
+15|6199
i think a big part of the chopper awards is actually getting in the chopper, and having to deal with people trying to steal your equipment.  ive been able to put up with it so far, and i have become fairly proficient with the chopper once im in it; both piloting and gunning.  its all part of the game...  if you practice in all the vehicles, and get good, it doesnt bother you that you dont have a chopper, because there are other things at your disposal. 

for instance at wake, everyone wants a jet.  well if u cant have one, go for a chopper, or a tank, until it doesnt matter what you get and still have fun... then when you do get your chopper or jet that you want, cherish the time you have in it, and let loose on the enemy with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard