JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6341
welp im finally pulling my v6 this week and droppin in my new 6.0 v8

here is the old motor one last time b4 she is retired.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
6.0 baby, sahweet!   What kind of truck?
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6576|USA
what do you drive?
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6341
1998 chevy cheyenne truck
https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/ha.jpg

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/truck002-1.jpg

here is an older pic but shows the paint color better

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/Mine-1.jpg

new motor 345hp 390 tq stock

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/newmotor001.jpg

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/_Chevy_/newmotor013.jpg
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6234|NSW, Australia

far out that is big

yesterday i did a service on a BMW 840Ci just replacing all fluids cambet accesory belt oil and fuel filter and all other filters, and... thats it i think

5.0L v8 its a good car

Last edited by Nappy (2007-12-24 19:16:27)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6341
thnx

bmws are cool
an its always fun an cool to work on your own car. goodjob
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6535|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
God love the American smallblock.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
Nice engine, whats your predicted output?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6341

FatherTed wrote:

for now about 360+hp and 400+tq. with headers that i just got and the computer tune.

im getting a cam + springs + lifters in a couple of months that will put me well over the 400 hp mark. maybe in a few years add some nitro, or a meth kit. maybe even a SC
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6527
is that truck manual?
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6341
no, i would hate to have a stick while sitting in Austin traffic my leg would fall off.

i think sticks are better in cars

Last edited by JetSniper (2007-12-25 12:25:38)

ig
+1,199|6527
lolufail.

i guarandamntee traffic is much worse here. i'm no car expert, but i just don't see the point in upgrading to that engine without a manual transmission. my buddy has a '92 chevy truck with a manual, and that thing is bad.
aimless
+166|6130|Texas

JetSniper wrote:

no, i would hate to have a stick while sitting in Austin traffic my leg would fall off.

i think sticks are better in cars
you live in austin, texas? Where at?

btw manual transmission is 100 times better than automatic

Last edited by aimless (2007-12-25 12:30:40)

Acrnstlkr
+11|6002|Iowa, USA
ya better get another gas tank too! i have a 6.0 in my truck and i get about 9-13 mpg. costs me about 65 dollars to fill er up.
i guess if ya are late to work ya dont worry about power. and the heater is awsome compaired to the v-6 too! if ya live were its cold.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6291|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Pffft Americans

You and your "trucks"

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Runs to hideout

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-12-25 13:32:56)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
geNius
..!.,
+144|6447|SoCal

JetSniper wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

for now about 360+hp and 400+tq. with headers that i just got and the computer tune.

im getting a cam + springs + lifters in a couple of months that will put me well over the 400 hp mark. maybe in a few years add some nitro, or a meth kit. maybe even a SC
Nitro/Meth is for pussies.  I have a 4-bolt iron 6.0 bored to 427, putting out 621 at the crank.

Save, and go shopping at SLP, rather than fry it with nonsense.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
geNius
..!.,
+144|6447|SoCal

ig wrote:

lolufail.

i guarandamntee traffic is much worse here. i'm no car expert, but i just don't see the point in upgrading to that engine without a manual transmission. my buddy has a '92 chevy truck with a manual, and that thing is bad.
Manual does not equal fast. 

ig wrote:

i'm no car expert
Indeed.
ig
+1,199|6527

geNius wrote:

ig wrote:

lolufail.

did i say that? i thought they taught reading comprehension in like 2nd grade. anyways, you bet your ass a manual will be faster than an automatic on the same engine.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

geNius wrote:

ig wrote:

lolufail.

ig wrote:

i'm no car expert
Indeed.
Perhaps, but automatic does mean you can't drive.
FloppY_
­

ig wrote:

geNius wrote:

ig wrote:

lolufail.

did i say that? i thought they taught reading comprehension in like 2nd grade. anyways, you bet your ass a manual will be faster than an automatic on the same engine.
I never though i was going to say this but: I agree with IG O.o

Manual > Automatic

You really have to fail at shifting for manual to be slower than auto

But there it is again,, you americans and your automatic gearboxes... pfft...

EDIT: Automatics are for comfort.... not for performance...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2007-12-25 13:45:26)

ig
+1,199|6527

FloppY_ wrote:

I never though i was going to say this but: I agree with IG O.o
o_0
geNius
..!.,
+144|6447|SoCal
Automatic transmissions shift faster than any human.  The fastest cars in the world are not manual, and manual is completely unnecessary for trucks and any form of offroading.  Manual may be more fun to drive, but it's generally the underpowered who consider the extra weight, from an automatic transmission, to be an issue.

Last edited by geNius (2007-12-25 13:53:13)

ig
+1,199|6527

geNius wrote:

Automatic transmissions shit faster than any human.  The fastest cars in the world are not manual, and manual is completely unnecessary for trucks and any form of offroading.  Manual may be more fun to drive, but it's generally the underpowered who consider the extra weight, from an automatic transmission, to be an issue.
please tell me why the fuck all race cars are manuals? do you even know wtf you're talking about? the fastes cars in the world aren't manual. pass whatever you're smoking over here dude
FloppY_
­

geNius wrote:

Automatic transmissions shit faster than any human.  The fastest cars in the world are not manual, and manual is completely unnecessary for trucks and any form of offroading.  Manual may be more fun to drive, but it's generally the underpowered who consider the extra weight, from an automatic transmission, to be an issue.
Bye bye credability

Shift faster than any human you say?? riiiight...

Fastest cars in the world are not manual ? please explain sir ?
and don't give me the bugatti veyron/Mac-Merc excuse because those cars are made for comfort just as much as for performance....

extra weight in manual you say? (or did i understand that wrong?) ...... an automatic is the same as a manual except for the extra weight of the electrical engine doing the shifting in the auto....

Shifting can be done WAY faster manually, that is why you have manual shifting in racing cars such as WRC cars....

The F1 transmission is not automatic, it is paddle shift where the driver decides when the shifting takes place...

and one more thing: you try engine breaking with an auto gearbox... oh wait... you cant
ig
+1,199|6527

FloppY_ wrote:

geNius wrote:

Bye bye credability

Shift faster than any human you say?? riiiight...

Fastest cars in the world are not manual ? please explain sir ?
and don't give me the bugatti veyron/Mac-Merc excuse because those cars are made for comfort just as much as for performance....

extra weight in manual you say? (or did i understand that wrong?) ...... an automatic is the same as a manual except for the extra weight of the electrical engine doing the shifting in the auto....

Shifting can be done WAY faster manually, that is why you have manual shifting in racing cars such as WRC cars....

The F1 transmission is not automatic, it is paddle shift where the driver decides when the shifting takes place...

and one more thing: you try engine breaking with an auto gearbox... oh wait... you cant
/thread

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard