sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
Israel plans to build 740 new homes in settlements in occupied East Jerusalem, a minister said, despite its commitment to freeze all settlement activity.

Rafi Eitan, minister for Jerusalem affairs, said Israel had never promised to stop building within Jerusalem and had a duty to house its citizens.

It is budgeting to build 500 new homes in Har Homa and 240 in Maale Adumim.

A Palestinian spokesman condemned the plans, accusing Israel of seeking to destroy renewed peace talks.

The two sides agreed at a peace conference in Annapolis in the US in late November to revive the 2003 peace plan known as the roadmap.

According to the plan, Israel must halt all settlement activity and the Palestinians must rein in militants.

But soon after the conference, Israel announced a tender for 300 homes in Har Homa.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6268
While they build homes they are destroying palestinians homes leaving tons homeless. Then People wonder why there going crazy and blowin them selves up -_-

Also it makes me laugh they show the palistnians throwing rocks LOL why don't they show the israelie tanks and guns?

a palestinian throwed a rock! zomg get the tank fire the missle!

Last edited by _1_MAN-ARMY.19 (2007-12-23 04:02:39)

mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6596|S.C.
This is going to be the sticking point for the foreseeable future. Nobody should expect the Palestinians to bend over east Jerusalem.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6596|S.C.
Could Jerusalem ever be a Sovereign City State? I doubt this is preferable for either side, but it may be the only option that ensures security.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

I really wish the US would stop screwing around with that situation and "sponsoring" peace plans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

I can picture them laughing at our stupidity and naiveté. Screw them. This is the best chance we've had in years to clear the problem, and they're fucking with us again. Fucking Israel.

-konfusion
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
Suddenly this thread and topic got me thinking of the G.I. JEW toy line

https://www.heresthething.org/GIJEW2.jpg
"You call these bagels?"

Seriously though, FFS peace could be achieved so easily in that area of the world.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

Israel knows they can get away with this because we'll still support them and give them aid.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

konfusion wrote:

I can picture them laughing at our stupidity and naiveté. Screw them. This is the best chance we've had in years to clear the problem, and they're fucking with us again. Fucking Israel.

-konfusion
Disengage from that entire situation and let the Israelis handle themselves. Non-intervention is non-intervention right?

[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-675732272133853571&hl=en[/google]
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Israel knows the US isn't serious about forcing through a peace plan, its just political posturing by Duhbya.
If he said 'sort it out or no $6bn next year and you can sort out Iran yourselves' the Israelis wouldn't be doing this.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
The bottom line is that they believe that israel doesn't have the right to exist, we say they do. The very fact that some of you side with people against your way of life is very confusing as they would kill you in a second given the chance. They = muslim extremists.
There can be no peace.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

TrollmeaT wrote:

The bottom line is that they believe that israel doesn't have the right to exist, we say they do. The very fact that some of you side with people against your way of life is very confusing as they would kill you in a second given the chance. They = muslim extremists.
There can be no peace.
They - not Muslim extremists. Some of they - Muslim extremists. Their government is better than it has been in years, and more moderate than most in the middle east. Israel is ruining a perfectly good chance to fix things up a bit.

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
Like Kmarion said, the Us should leave Israel alone.  Let's see what you can do without the US.  They wouldn't do this for sure.  This is outrageous and it demands sanctions, which won't come because of the US veto.  They are laughing at us and at the US, the country that gives them billions of American tax payers money, the country that is trying to get a peace deal right now and they do that?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-12-23 10:13:54)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Like Kmarion said, the Us should leave Israel alone.  Let's see what you can do without the US.  They wouldn't do this for sure.  This is outrageous and it demands sanctions, which won't come because of the US veto.  They are laughing at us and at the US, the country that gives them billions of American tax payers money, the country that is trying to get a peace deal right now and they do that?
The Brits drew the crappy borders and got out. The French jump started their nuclear program and got out. We have backed and supported them for years... guess what.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark
without US, Israel would already be covered with wasteland next to its borders of the lands it has crushed.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

The Brits drew the crappy borders and got out. The French jump started their nuclear program and got out. We have backed and supported them for years... guess what.
Get out, they are ungrateful with your money, your aid, you are paying for Israel with your tax money.
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Get out, they are ungrateful with your money, your aid, you are paying for Israel with your tax money.
im not gonna even comment how dumb and shallow that answer was.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6548|CH/BR - in UK

stef10 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Since you've already started it, why not finish it?

-konfusion
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark
hmm, my answer already lies in the 5 first words.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Of course it includes yanking money from everyone in the region. Charity starts at home.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

stef10 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Saying that you are not going to comment on something and making a comment about it is dumber.
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark

sergeriver wrote:

stef10 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Saying that you are not going to comment on something and making a comment about it is dumber.
nah
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina

stef10 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

stef10 wrote:

nah
Ah, you're the guy who always says I'm not Jew, lol.  I bet you are Jewish, and you hate that I'm half Jew, heritage only of course, I don't practice, and I don't support Israel.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-12-23 10:46:28)

san4
The Mas
+311|6686|NYC, a place to live
Actually, does anyone know the likely fate of those settlements in a final peace agreement? I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing those settlements are virtually guaranteed to end up part of Israel. I'm also guessing that everyone--including Palestinian negotiators--has always accepted that those particular settlements will ultimately end up part of Israel. If that's the case, building new homes there will not change anything and the controversy is pure PR.

That said, even though it may be meaningless, it's still a dumb provocation.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6737|Omaha, Nebraska
Hmmm and I wonder what the real problem is over there...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard