ReTox
+100|6535|State of RETOXification
My friend and I were looking for a game last night and found a server who's rules were kinda hard to get into.  It was a crouch only server.

You had to crouch all the time, no running allowed.  You had to use iron sights all the time, no run-n-gun.  You were not allowed to jump from anything above 10 feet (including the broken walls in Bloc) as "your legs would break in real life".  To date those are the strangest rules I've seen in a server.

What have you guys found that struck you as very odd for a game mode or server rule/rules?
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6724|"The Empire"

ReTox wrote:

It was a crouch only server.
LMFAO...

Nothing like that, but in S&D everyone carried the bomb until someone plants it. Which is strange as you never have to go back and get it when some idiot is sniping holding it at the far end of the map. The same server does not allow air strikes or attack helicopters to be called in at anytime either. Noobtube or nade into the spawn is also a kicking offence.
Brasso
+1,549|6667

ReTox wrote:

My friend and I were looking for a game last night and found a server who's rules were kinda hard to get into.  It was a crouch only server.

You had to crouch all the time, no running allowed.  You had to use iron sights all the time, no run-n-gun.  You were not allowed to jump from anything above 10 feet (including the broken walls in Bloc) as "your legs would break in real life".  To date those are the strangest rules I've seen in a server.

What have you guys found that struck you as very odd for a game mode or server rule/rules?
I played in that one!  (for all of 2 seconds, of course)  I don't remember the other rules but I know it was a crouch only, walking only server.  On HC.  And they had a mod or something that didn't let you run.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6427|fåking denmark
I've been on a "Tactical server" ..
You were only allowed to crouch, coz of the tactical part.

Silly
srog72
+12|6792|Michigan
I was on a server where you could only run to avoid gunfire and grenades (DUMB).  I just went to another server. I guess admin can just do what they want but they need to realize they limit their server with a whole bunch of dumb rules.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6734

UK|Hooligan wrote:

ReTox wrote:

It was a crouch only server.
LMFAO...

Nothing like that, but in S&D everyone carried the bomb until someone plants it. Which is strange as you never have to go back and get it when some idiot is sniping holding it at the far end of the map. The same server does not allow air strikes or attack helicopters to be called in at anytime either. Noobtube or nade into the spawn is also a kicking offence.
I laughed, but only because I thought it said crotch.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6605|Mountains of NC

there was one 1 remember ...... you couldn't the shoot the walls, you had to clearly see the enemy before you could take a shot

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2007-12-22 16:12:59)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6627|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

ReTox wrote:

I've played that one too.  Some crazy hillbilly started yelling at me over VoIP because I was running off the start.  I got banned for telling him to go F himself.

EDIT: Wrong quote.

Last edited by BabySpinach (2007-12-22 17:18:28)

jaymz9350
+54|6613

SEREMAKER wrote:

there was one 1 remember ...... you couldn't the shoot the walls, you had to clearly see the enemy before you could take a shot
then why the hell play? isn't that one of the major diff between cod4 and other fps's?
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6184|Texas
"No worming" meaning you're not allowed to shoot while prone

or "Noobcannons welcome" WTF?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard