BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6591|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

polarbearz wrote:

Hmm. Its possible to solo TV missile. I do this alot, with very good accuracy as long as you give a little bit allowance for the rightward spin and time your firing + some good control over the TV. I would just hover some distance from the helipad, TV opponent heli, get back control in driver mode, repeat as often as necessary until I run out of missiles etc etc.

I never tried this against a carrier though. Those AA guns on the Essex pack a BIG punch. The guns really tear apart the attack helis.

Maybe you just suck in a plane? =P

Inifinite TV missiles sound dodgy though... I hate having to go back to rearm and have some gunner punk jump on when I can line myself up and TV so much better.
OMG BEARZ! A lot is 2 words!
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6523|Little blue planet, milky way

prettybird wrote:

what a dumbass, 300m is too risky cause of the essex problably, 550-600 meters from carrier is just right for 1 seater misslers. i love 1 seating people from 600+ distances...like shooting fish in a barrell. they start looking around as though the missiles are coming from no where. doesnt get better than either 1 seating the carrier or having a pilot who hovers at a safe distance to let u tv and of course a pilot who lines up his gunner.
*sigh* I dont mind that people butt in to a discussion with nothing NEW to say... But when they BLATANTLY LIE, then I kinda get the feeling I'm wasting my time following a thread or forum.

Point in fact: You CANNOT shoot the TV missle beyond 500m, as the guidance will stop and the missle will explode. Ever heard anyone complain about "out of range" ? No ? Then search for the topic, and you will learn a little bit about how to play a little game called "Battlefield 2".
Avalanche
+2|6720|Lubbock, TX
DISCLAIMER: Don't bother replying unless you agree to have suffered reading all of this.  You have my sympathy.

I've finally decided to reply to this thread for my own personal amusement.  It's amazing the entertainment value you get for the $50 you spend on the game, inside and out of it.  Since all of this information is either no longer considered a secret, now in the public domain on various websites, no longer relevant, or doesn't really pertain to any ladders my clan competes in, I'll enlighten any ignorance a few of you may have (and may be adamant about retaining even after reading this).

First of all, I've been aware of this thread since I discovered it laughing in January.  You'll find many other amusing threads with my name on them through a quick search on Google, including:

[url]http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9397[/url]:

CRUSHER wrote:

The other day I came across the pointy end of a hack I've never seen before. While piloting attack choppers without a gunner this guy calling himself DooM_Avalanche was somehow managing to TV everything and anything he came across, he even was able to use the cannon. I sat through 2 games of this before I got fed up and I only saw him miss a TV once.

I have tried to switch from the pilots seat to the gunners seat previously and it results in your spinning uncontrollably. How many places can I report him, where?
Sounds accurate, minus the word "hack" and the adverb "uncontrollably".  In fact, always spinning to the right is rather predictable.  Any disagreement?

[url]http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7422&tid=1874763[/url]:

theraptor wrote:

DooM-Avalanche - hacker extraordinaire. likes to hang out on hte XFi Battlezone49 server apparently. favors helicopters. can guide a missle from one end of hte map to the other with 100% accuracry while his helo spins like a top (he's his own gunner & pilot), even though for most people the fog gets in the way of seeing that far. capable of training the chaingun across targets flawlessly while the helo bucks and swoops and dives without its pilot. miraculously survives 10 DAO12 blasts to the face on the way to his chopper.
The "10 DAO12 blasts to the face" is more than likely what we refer to as an "exaggeration" in technical terms, but it's always entertaining to see how pissed off people get for the $50 they wasted on a video game.  I guess this is possible if he were about 10 meters away or more in the game, especially since most games tend to have unrealistic recoil and are based on the assumption that it takes about 8-10 bullets to the body/limbs in real life to take you down apparently.  Everything else sounds accurate, however.

The first thing that many people need to be reminded about is the timeframe in which these and other posts were written.  This was circa patch 1.12.  Now, let's enumerate the answers to various questions some may have (and dispel exaggerations or fabrications).

Dex Luther wrote:

And no one's explained his apparent endless source of ammo yet.
Allow me.

As hard as it may be to believe (since there are a lot of newbies out there and all.. I'll forgive them though, they can't help it), there actually IS a helicopter pad at the beachfront on Dalian Plant where you can resupply when the flag is either yours or neutralized.  Indeed, if you spawn camp and kill the chopper sitting on the carrier, head back for a full resupply, then start heading back to the carrier, the chopper respawns almost precisely when you're ready for your 1st TV shot again: 30 seconds from death to respawn (40 on Sharqi Peninsula, 70 on Wake Island 2007, 15 on Operation Clean Sweep, 30 on most other maps, etc).  Now just take out the AA, jets, transport helicopters, etc, and repeat.  So you are indeed resupplied with infinite TV missiles!  It's spamtasticly nooberific!  Also, I know it's again hard to believe, but you actually CAN hover high enough over the helicopter pad while resupplying so nobody can jump in with you.  You can also be doing lateral spins at a 30 degree pitch such that jets can't consistently gun OR missile you either.  I'd recommend flying for at least 100 hours or so first though before trying.

Kanye North wrote:

your dumb, its called solo flying fruit. and double gunning, and yeah he did run out, but he prolly went back and got more.
Well said Kanye.

millhous wrote:

Not to say that your thread isn't original.  Its something new to me.  But its the same general outline (OMG i saw this guy "insert name here", he was clearly "insert hack here".  He was "insert description of hack here".)
Hahaha, exactly millhous. :)  Reminds me of this:

Avalanche wrote:

The smart ones realize the joke's on them and I could care less what they, an anonymous person, think about me or my "mamma" or my sexual orientation or lack of social life or prepubescent state or lack of skill or or or... take your pick.

Zefar wrote:

All you guys read is, This guy was in a chopper and killed poeple on the carrier. Then you jump to the conclusion. The OP SUCKS ASS.
Sounds like a reasonable conclusion to me Zefar.

Twist wrote:

*sigh* I dont mind that people butt in to a discussion with nothing NEW to say... But when they BLATANTLY LIE, then I kinda get the feeling I'm wasting my time following a thread or forum.

Point in fact: You CANNOT shoot the TV missle beyond 500m, as the guidance will stop and the missle will explode. Ever heard anyone complain about "out of range" ? No ? Then search for the topic, and you will learn a little bit about how to play a little game called "Battlefield 2".
Point in fact: You COULD shoot TV missiles from up to something like about 650 meters away before I believe it was patch 1.2.  They reduced it to roughly 470.

SpecialOp21 wrote:

The guy was in the heli by himself in the gunner seat, so when he was highlighted, as I strafed him with MG fire in my F35B, no name would show up.
Correct.  Switching to the gunner seat pre-1.2 patch would cause your name to not show up and for any type of AA to be unable to lock onto you.

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Yet, everytime I would come at him in missle mode, he would magically drop flares, despite being in the gunner seat 1 second before.
You have this backwards.  I was in pilot's seat one second before.  I dropped flares and switched to the gunner's seat.

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Sound too good to be true? Wait! There's more! It also was immune to AA missles and MG fire from both my jet and the AA turret on the carrier. I made like 10 passes on it, but it refused to go down or even register my hits.
Remember that in this old patch that AA missiles wouldn't lock onto you while in the gunner's seat.  So if an AA battery is shooting at your (or a jet) and your TV missiles haven't reloaded, you would just roll about 30 degrees to the left (and maybe pitch slightly backwards) and the helicopter would continue flying itself for up to about a minute and a half.  In the new patch, the helicopter will only remain flying for less than 10 seconds before starting to fall.  Also, it's unlikely that your Essex MG fire did much damage to me at the distances I was attacking from.

SpecialOp21 wrote:

At this point, I decided I'd had enough and tried to crash my jet straight into it. But to my surprise the unpiloted chopper moved just as I was about to smash into it. The round ended before I could try again...
This is either (1) an exaggeration, or (2) more likely, it's called a barrel roll by a piloted chopper.  Barrel rolls can defeat most jets from killing you, even if they are coming at you from the side, since your elevation, and not just your lateral position changes.  This won't save you from multiple passes from an experienced jet gunner.  You'll inevitably die.  However, if that experienced jet gunner decides to kill you by making a slow pass at you with his guns, you TV him.  Furthermore, it's not hard to see your jet take off and turning to come right at me when I'm raping the US Carrier.  Regardless: I know that you're in the sky and I'm aware that your primary target is more than likely going to be me, unless you're actually trying to do something more useful like helping your team out by bailing out and capping an indoor flag for them to spawn on.  (Even though I guess that it's true that most people are of below average IQ in this game and choose not to spawn there, or are just new to the game.  If only the [url=http://www.darwinawards.com/]Darwin Awards[/url] applied to online first person shooters also.)

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Whatever the case, the guy never left the spot to go repair/get more ammo...
This is false.  Perhaps you honestly believe this is true.  However, I also know that you can't see beyond the beach from the carrier, so I'm not sure how you can make such an assertive claim.  For the sake of argument, however, let's say that this is true...

Before one of the patches, you could go commander at the beginning of the round, dump yourself off some supplies immediately (rather than having to wait), then resign and be on your merry way while somebody else then signs up for commander when they load in.  I'd always dump myself supplies either at the rear of their carrier or by the American artillery on Dalian.  It would help me out at the beginning of the round for a few minutes before it disappeared.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

About you not being able to kill him, you were prob too stressed to kill him and thought he was invincible.
This, however, I tend to agree with.  I see this a lot.  People are too stressed and busy talking smack to me thinking that I might actually care what they say about me while I continue raping their base.  Whatever you do, don't insult my internet ego!  I might lose the will to live!  Text on my computer monitor is flaming me, ahhhhhhh.....  (Remember, personal amusement?  See: this thread.)

fadedsteve wrote:

Either way Doom Avalanche's favorite victim was killed 56 times. . . . stat padding much. . . .

Jesus Christ! How do you kill a guy 56 times in a match WITHOUT cheating/stat padding?? The guy he kept killing is either THE WORST bf2 player ever, or Doom cheated! I dont care what the justification is, but you just dont kill someone in this game 56 times in one match PERIOD!

So this magic heli thing might not be bs, however I suggest you check your fraps video or the battlerecorder.  Cause without evidence against Doom, your argument is a moot point/bitch ass complaining cause you got your ass owned. . . .
Yeah, I must admit, that was pretty lame of me. :)  I was in a Kubra Dam 64 server once with only about 12 players on it.  Caleonard8 (56) was AFK at the American base at the jet spawns.  I just kept knifing him, waiting for him to respawn, knifed him again, etc for about 20 or 25 minutes.  He never disconnected for being idle or anything, it was great.  Nobody else EVER spawned over there either and there was no commander on their team.  (Remember this is way back in August 2005 when BF2 was still 95% newbie heaven.  Long time ago.  I was at my friend [url=http://bf2s.com/player/45897025/]Nuke[/url]'s house when this happened, who can recall it.)  I wasn't conspiring with anybody else on this one, so I'm not really sure if this qualifies as stat padding.  I'm sure I'll get mixed opinions.  I'll admit it's certainly questionable.  Notice I'm raising attention to this to my own detriment.

Although I'm happy to admit when I do something questionable, all my other kill streaks such as GT-Knoder (19) are completely legitimate.  For example, my 90-0 kill streak comes from Dalian using the tactics described here.  I don't think I could pull that off anymore due to the choppers not being overpowered to such a degree, and because the general skill level of various jet pilots and helicopter pilots/crews have increased substantially in pubs.

Other random things of note:

I used to play BF2 on a RAM-Drive (and with 4GB of system ram) with all of my settings on lowest (except resolution and geometry on high, see below) so that I could be the first to load into every switched map on every server, go commander, jump into a helicopter, dump of supplies, resign, and do my usual routine.  Typically everybody was pinned on the carrier before a significant number of people were even loaded in.  If nobody or almost nobody was loaded in at all, I'd take the Reactor Towers flag while on my way towards the carrier, which guaranteed a completely China dominated win.

Another reason Dalian 32/64 is such a classic map is the fact that it has no mobile AAs.  Ever though about that?  It's wonderful!  All you have to do is fly around watching the radar simultaneously in the upper right all the time on the mid-range view.  Now, whenever you see an AA bunker disappear off the radar, it means an enemy got into it!  Isn't that cool?!  BF2 tells you where the enemies are in the radar!  Hacks!  And same goes for tanks, jets, helicopters, and all other vehicles.  So, now, whenever you see one disappear, more than likely an enemy got into it (the only other possibility is it was blown up).  So, you just send a TV missile that way and they're dead before they even have a lock on you.  It makes for entertaining hacking accusations and threats of being reported when it happens over and over.  This was especially true pre-1.2 patch when you literally could TV missile the carrier all the way from just barely off the beach on Dalian.  This still works today for anything that is roughly within 650 meters of your present location, but you must get within about 470 meters to TV missile it.  However, in one of the patches they halfway fixed the radar trick.  You can no longer use this same trick on the Essex's AA since it never appears on the radar.  You just have to watch it visually for movement.  This tactic works great for jets on the carrier since you can't see them spinning up like you can the helicopters.

I use a very non-standard configuration that I believe gives me a definite advantage in many situations.  I've been using it since the 1996 Quake1 days.  I could go into detail here but suffice it to say that my mouse1=forward, mouse2=backward, and my fingers are over the home row keys (ASDF) with my thumb on spacebar.  A=left straffe, F=right straffe, S=primary fire, D=secondary fire, spacebar=jump, and that's all the detail I feel like giving.  At least I don't get the finger/hand cramps that many of my friends get from using the ridiculous WASD config for prolonged periods that probably 99% of others use.  Very comfy.

Next on the list:  Settings.  The most important one, hands down, is your geometry detail.  I don't know precisely why it works, but most people don't realize that when you have your geometry detail on high, you can see infantry, planes, helicopters, and other vehicles a lot further than you otherwise could.  Don't believe me?  Create an offline server and on Dalian and put geometry on low.  Fly from the beach towards the carrier.  You'll notice that the stuff on the carrier starts to appear about halfway to the carrier from the beach.  However, with geometry on high, you can now see things on the carrier from just barely offshore the beach... almost twice as far.  Cool, eh?  (There's a lot of wannabie pirates on BF2: "I couldn't even see you... yarrr!  Hackerrrr!")

This rant is only for the new BF2 player out there:  I heard somebody bitching once about TV missiles going right through me.  It's called aiming for the rudder midsection.  Thank EA for their wonderful hitboxes which work to the advantage of people like me when known.  I hope EA never fixes this bug, just like everything else.  Fixing bugs doesn't make EA more money (directly, anyway).  Making 3 new expansion/booster packs and a new game before many of the original bugs are ever fixed... does.

At one point, the #2 globally ranked helicopter guy, kojimab, and me (at the time #4) were both in the same (my current) clan before he quit BF2.  It was nice. :)  I miss that.

Buy a 1600-2000 dpi mouse, keep all your sensitivities in the game at their defaults, and always keep it in 1600+ dpi mode.  With practice, you'll be able to pull wonders like barrel rolls from 10m off the ground.

Remember, when you kill the admin one too many times, it tends to piss him off.  This constitutes stats padding and you WILL be kicked/banned.  Don't be upset by this, as they are doing you the favor of keeping track of the admin nazi servers for you.  This feature, compliments of PunkBuster, is a popup built right into the server browser that reminds you that you are banned when you click on a server.  I recommend admin-nazi free servers such as the Insomnia365 servers, among many others.  Lots of fantastic players on there.  Not recommended for people who can't take being occasionally raped by somebody better than them.  Questions like "Where's the admin???????" will go unanswered.

Also remember that on many servers, spawn camping is allowed.  Unless you're good at it.  If you're good at it, it's not allowed (aren't you special?) and again you will be kicked/banned.  If you suck at it and die all the time, hey, probably nobody will care, even if it's not allowed.

Initiating kick-votes against me only flaunts your ignorance, since they never pass.  But, I guess you have to vent your frustration somehow, so continue.

On that point, there's 3000 or so other servers out there.  You obviously continue to play on the same server as me because you like it.  As do I.

Don't say "WTF" on servers named something lame like "Christian Gamers United".  You'll be autokicked.  Furthermore, don't rejoin and say "ROFL, I just got kicked for saying W T F."  You'll get autokicked again for saying ROFL, as I was once.  Good stuff.

Just remember, for every person that has an IQ above 100, there's another with an IQ below 100.  Just don't point that out to people.  It tends to piss them off.  They think you're implying something, which shows you how highly they think of themselves as well.

<reply by inserting flames here>

In the end, the point is that you're a newbie SpecialOp21 and you got owned.  There's a difference between exploiting game mechanics and hacking.  Any questions?  Class dismissed.

Brought to you by the Avalanche is an Arrogant Son of a Bitch Foundation.  Take care and best wishes.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'll keep updating this bigass post as I think of any new points to add to it and will be keeping a revision history here:
Oct 03, 2006 - Original post

Attention, flamers, er, gamers!  Now get at it and start ripping apart my post!  ATTEN-TION! (Or personally attack me if you have to!  Just make sure it's entertaining and fun to read.  Make me laugh.  Don't get this thread locked.  Depressing and serious reads suck.  Use a spell checker or I'm liable to make fun of you if it's really bad.  <-- Watch.)  (Ever seen the first half of Full Metal Jacket?  Hilarious movie.  That's the spirit!)
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6538|Internetfitlerland

Nice Avalanche +1 for handing it to the whiners.

Cant say you will have the pleasure of owning me from America, but I'm sure if you could, you would.

Might try that button config you got there, looks sweet.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522
avalanche is tha man

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard