_MysT1C_Ri|)er_
+4|6176
was thinking about upgrading my whole computer and found one that has a motherboard, a CPU, case and other extra things and wanted to know if it was worthing buying or not.

here is the specs....

Processor Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.4 GHz Socket 775 651 2MB Cache HT Technology
CPU Fan Intel Original Socket 775 CPU Fan
Motherboard Foxconn 662MX Motherboard
Power Supply 450 Watt Power Supply

then when if or when I get that I will upgrade my video card to PCI express because it has a slot for one, I have my brand new sound card and I will get memory that fits that motherboard.

so plus could I get some feedback or opinions or maybe some other good specs that I could use to upgrade thanks.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6445|California
you need at least a dual core CPU these days.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
P4?  sounds like a waste of money, no matter how cheap it is.

if you're referring to the PCIe x16 slot, you sorta have to have a graphics card that fit it, AGP wont.
_MysT1C_Ri|)er_
+4|6176
yea I was going to buy a new video card that fits the PCIe x16 slot, and then buy memory that runs on the motherboard

so go with a dual core instead of P4?
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6445|California

_MysT1C_Ri|)er_ wrote:

yea I was going to buy a new video card that fits the PCIe x16 slot, and then buy memory that runs on the motherboard

so go with a dual core instead of P4?
definitely
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
*sigh* give us a budget
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Well, if you get a 7600/7800/7900GS/GT card to that, and 2GB of RAM, that setup'll do it for BF2 and TF2/Portal/HL2EP2 and others in that class.

If he's not hunting for top-performing stuff, give him a break. It's not a good computer, but it's in the OK segment of computers.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Computer_Guy
+54|6698

CommieChipmunk wrote:

*sigh* give us a budget
_MysT1C_Ri|)er_
+4|6176
yea i'm not looking for something that is totally up to date with everything I just wanted to find something that can actually run with what games I have.  I know I could find something better, but not with how much money I have with me now.

Last edited by _MysT1C_Ri|)er_ (2007-12-16 20:44:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard