deject
Got His War On
+37|6791|Golden, CO

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Ya, but I don't want to a "whore" or something. Even if I try, I still can't achieve that status.
don't worry if people call you a whore.  those who do are just jealous.  nothing in the game says you need to do anything at all, let alone not use your favorite gun.

now go out there and have fun!
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6855|Finland
At start i had stats enar the ones you have now. Then they just went up, up and going still up....

Just practice and remember a few things:

1. If one place is getting spawn raped and you cant do anything about it, spawn elsewhere!
2. Dont hunt that tank if your a medic or such.
3. Remember, KARKAND IS NOT THE ONLY MAP!
4. Dont rush like mad if you dont have a plan what to do after your right next to the enemy flag.
5. Learn atleast 1 or 2 vehicles. How to drive, shoot and use them.
FourStars
+1|6757|Australia
just remember its a game and as long as its fun, who cares.
when im not having fun, i just close the game down. stats realy mean nothing in the end right? its not like your life depends on them or you win a new car at the end, so dont stress over it man as long as you enjoy the game

none the less there is alot of ways to score points, kill damage assists if your not so good at killing or capture assists. use medic on karkand, your bound to get a score of atleast 40 every round
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6795|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

deject wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Ya, but I don't want to a "whore" or something. Even if I try, I still can't achieve that status.
don't worry if people call you a whore.  those who do are just jealous.  nothing in the game says you need to do anything at all, let alone not use your favorite gun.

now go out there and have fun!
Yeah, definately don't worry about the "whore" label. I have spent ~55% of my total time in vehicles, and while you could call that "whoring" I like to balance my time between the main vehicle classes (armor, helo and plane). I only hold about a 1 k/d ratio when out of vehicles, but a large part of that is because I tend to bail out if destruction is immenent (and known, like AT missle lock when armor is really low).

When I'm truly hoofing it, I now average ~2.5 k/d ratio - but my stats average of ~1.7 reflects my overall skill since I started the game. Back when I only had ~200 hours in the game, I had a global k/d of ~.6 and a spm of ~1. I've improved quite a bit and my stats aren't quite as pretty because of it, but I won't start a new account just to brag about some l33t k/d ratio. I'd rather just keep building up my current one.

Just put time into the game, be willing to learn new things (including how to effectively use the vehicles - because once you know how to use them, you'll know how to stop them), and you'll get better with time.

Last edited by Gilgalad (2005-12-27 16:25:27)

Sluggit
+3|6736|Sweden
I must say that having been there my self there is no way but to add ours after ours and maybe join a clan. There is a few players as we discussed here (this forum) before (FistFullofClams, Reeltoo) and some others having played other FPS that got a head start when bf2 was released.

A few tricks to improve U game play:

1.    Play as a Medic and U will see were the battle is going by the flash (guys that U can rev, dead).
2.    Put the knife on U thumb.
3.    Put the Shock Pads on U mouse wheel.
4.    Always join a Squad were the squad leader is a high ranked player (hopefully he is good and U will learn from him, stay on his ass!
5.    Do not run in front, look and learn, put medic bags at U team mates shooting at the enemy so they can take a hit or two!
6.    Do not try to reload when it’s too tight and U ran out off ammo use the knife (quick press with U thumb) as up front in Karkand.
7.    Open U Shock Pads before U need too use them (take time to warm up) and don’t take stupid revs too far out.
8.    If U shot someone, move to a new position. Their Medics will see U kill, than kill them both if possible after he reved his team mate.
9.    When U sees the ARTY marker DO NOT MOVE IN stay away, move in after. When U see the ARTY marker the opposite teams commander has their ARTY ready as well and if U are up front (Karkand) or some other Map with a lot of team mates around U can expect ARTY on U self soon, time too move U ass.
10.    Always keep track off the UAV and try to read the Map as good as U can to see were U team mate and the enemy is.
11.    Always aim for the head to avoid the thick padding.
12.    When U run into opponents press D and then Z too roll around and then press Z again to get up and then D and Z again to roll again. This way U will be very hard to hit. During this keep on shooting at their head!
13.    In a Tank do not take any chance call for a supply crate (Karkand) or back up and rep if U need always go as an ENG so U team mates can REP on U.
14.    Play Karkand and learn that Map first, after a while U will be able too play piano on U keyboard.
15.    Last but not least NEVER run around half out, make sure that U are fully healed, call for a Medic and U will see their medic bags. Far to many players run around with half health and get shot all the time, sometimes by a pistol, noob mistake #1 never go to battle unless U have full health!!!
16.    When U learned all this and more they will start kick vote on U cause U take all the Golds.

U must always TAKE U TIME AND PRACTICE IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE FIRST if U have no experience of FPS before. This may suck but is absolutely necessary if U want to be able to keep up with the rest. Play easy and then move on, but practise over and over again fore U self. This is a game were U need to be quick on U fingers and can not take any time to look at the keyboard every time U do something!!

All the best good luck!!
Fubar48
+0|6725
Enjoy the game man.............I do...........

Have FUN
Use ANY kit you want
Ignore the A..Holes
Capt_Flapjack
+12|6773|Kansas City, MO, USA
that was a lot of "U"s
pdboddy
+0|6714|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

idiotofwar wrote:

Keeping a cool head and laying down works. Try and sneak up on a player, rather than run at him guns blazing. I wiped out an entire six man squad by sneaking up behind them, going prone and knifing them one by one.
Going prone works at a distance... but I have noticed entirely too many folks going prone when they are attacked at close quarters.  I'm sorry, but it's just as easy to shoot you standing up as laying down when you're three feet away.  Not to mention easier to knife...
taddzilla
+23|6861|Pembroke Pines, FL.
I would also suggest getting xfire, and hooking up with some of the people from here.

Look at this post:  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=635&p=1
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6729|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
If you want any help feel free to add me on xfire - curry204 - I'll be happy to help you whenever i can. I would say that the best way to improve your K/D is to become an expert sniper (like me), i can show you all the best spots on all the maps and all the tactics and you'll soon be on your way up.

On the other hand the sniper class is very poor at accumulating team points (unless you have lots of enemies to shoot = lots of kill assists) as they are poor at taking flags, if you want to progress through the ranks you will want to get good with one of the support classes (Engineer, Medic or Support - i would definately favour Medic here) you will have no problem getting large scores on city maps but you may want to switch to Spec Ops or Sniper on the larger maps so that you have a bit more flexibility (I rarely use the support classes on the non-city maps, except for if i am planning on using a vehicle in which case i will be an Engineer)

Spends some time with each of the weapons in Single Player - you won't get harassed by spawn rapers or grenade-launcher junkies (AI opponents are way too intelligent for these sort of tactics) and you can take the time to get used to the handling of all of the weapons.

Make sure you unlock the G36C and G36E, practice with these guns against moving targets on Single Player and when you have got the hang of those very accurate weapons try using an AK101 or AK47 and doing the same thing.

Make sure you unlock the DAO-12, theres nothing worse than getting killed by a tank, spawning as AT, killing the tank, doing a little victory dance and then realising that your pathetic little SMG does fuck all against the hordes of infantry that want their tank support back. Don't worry about the DAO-12's lack of range - an idiot can hit someone with a pistol at anything up to long range - get used to pistol sniping.

I've got loads more tips - contact me on X-Fire or maybe persuade me to start a thread
DarkLordFoxx
+0|6715
Hey man, my K/D is about 0.22 (was 0.21 yesterday lol) and my SPM is around 0.65 so I'm not that good either. I need some training too

I just tried out the Assault class for the first time in my 40h of play this week (I've played all the others quite a bit) and WOW

Mostly I just play for fun

Last edited by DarkLordFoxx (2005-12-27 21:28:45)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6748|Uhh... erm...
When I started BF2, I used Engie and rushed into combat (I love shotguns). Result: K/D of .30. When I started to use medics, my score went BOING and my K/D is now at .44.
PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6745

*looks around* People are after my title!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard