Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6759|Florida, United States
I went to go see it at 12 am. Best advice, sit as far away from the screen. And make sure the person next to you isn't wearing strong cologne. I sat two rows away from the screen and as you know it's presented more as a home movie so the camera moves with the action (it was packed btw!) And man, that guy next to me ewww. It made me nauseas.

OK movie. Lacks a story and leaves more questions than answers. It really didn't live up to the ads.

I give a 7/10 because of the action (guns, tanks, humvees, jets) and it was also quite humorous, and the fact that you're on the edge of your seat most parts of the movie.

********SPOILER ALERT*******

*****MONSTER IS REVEALED SO DON"T HIGHLIGHT IS YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW********

Spoiler (highlight to read):

The monster is like a giant enemy crab and launches little antlions that bite people and when they bite them, they start bleeding and blow up. (which was cool) Ending sucked more than Micheal Jackson at an all boys' school.

This movie had potential.

See I am Legend before this.

Last edited by Xblade-3o5- (2008-01-17 23:03:38)

<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6471|Melbourne - Home of Football
Cloverfield > I Am Legend
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

I went to go see it at 12 am. Best advice, sit as far away from the screen. And make sure the person next to you isn't wearing strong cologne. I sat two rows away from the screen and as you know it's presented more as a home movie so the camera moves with the action (it was packed btw!) And man, that guy next to me ewww. It made me nauseas.

OK movie. Lacks a story and leaves more questions than answers. It really didn't live up to the ads.

I give a 7/10 because of the action (guns, tanks, humvees, jets) and it was also quite humorous, and the fact that you're on the edge of your seat most parts of the movie.

********SPOILER ALERT*******

*****MONSTER IS REVEALED SO DON"T HIGHLIGHT IS YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW********

The monster is like a giant enemy crab and launches little antlions that bite people and when they bite them, they start bleeding and blow up. (which was cool) Ending sucked more than Micheal Jackson at an all boys' school.

This movie had potential.

See I am Legend before this.
lol ur spoiler is blatently lies!
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Giant sexes crab
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
I saw it. I thought it was fantastic. If it had been done normally (ie no handi cam view, and with a score) it would have been un memorable. But I came out of the movie with my heart thumping and my mind buzzing, a response that I haven't gotten from a movie in quite a while. It really has a quite undeveloped story (non of the characters develop really, and they never explain where the monster came from/where it is/why its wrecking New York). The camera takes some getting used to but it is VERY VERY effective in conveying the intensity and claustrophobia of the scenes. Overall definitely worth seeing at least once.

8/10. First movie of the year that I've seen and I'm quite impressed.

Spoilers.

The creature looked more like a sea ape or something to me... And the parasites looked like spiders. With beaks.

Trivia/Easter Eggs (must read for anyone who has seen it)

1. At the end of the credits there is a short sound clip. It is static filled, and a voice comes through and sounds like its saying "Help us". IT ISNT. IF PLAYED BACKWARDS, THE CLIP SAYS "IT'S STILL ALIVE"

source: http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

2. During the last scene (holiday footage), a UFO/asterdoid can be seen crashing into the ocean on the right hand side of the screen as the camera is pointed out to sea.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6679|Colorado
Can't wait to see it!, if it's as good as I am legend then I'll be impressed. Then next will be 10000 B.C.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6816|Nårvei

I have no further comment than this spoiler, do not read at all ... any of you!!

Nothing to see here - move along!!!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6744|The Hague, Netherlands

Varegg wrote:

I have no further comment than this spoiler, do not read at all ... any of you!!

Nothing to see here - move along!!!
I was so exited to read your spoiler!

anyway, going to watch the movie sometime soon
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
krAzi
+17|5962|Some Strange town
I seen it last night at an employee showing, actually wasn't that bad of a movie....Hud is my Hero lmao!
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6644|Amsterdam, NY

jsnipy wrote:

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Giant sexes crab
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
the cloverfield monster is the Stay Puft Marshmallow man

proof

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-01-18 14:14:51)

David.P
Banned
+649|6280
The cloverfield monster is rosie o' donnell on it's period!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

TrollmeaT wrote:

Then next will be 10000 B.C.
yes

C&H wrote:

The main character is left with only one other friend who has survived with him (who just happens to be the most attractive female in the whole movie and manages to still look hot even covered in dirt and blood). They befriend a military soldier who sacrifices his life so our protagonists can just barely escape the nuclear attack and live together happily ever after. But that's most other movies. In this one they all die.

Warning: The preceding review contained spoilers. That were totally true. Totally.
Rofl. (could be spoilers.)

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2008-01-18 15:11:33)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6296|Éire
Nice OP Kmarion. I liked the concept of Cloverfield when I first read about it and always wondered what an alien invasion movie would be like exclusively from the point of view of one person or group who didn't have a clue what was going on but alas I expect nothing but a huge let down from anything coming from a big studio. I hope I'm wrong, the big studios have made many greats over the years but there hasn't been much quality output in recent times and the hype is going to be immense on this one. When will the big studios learn that rich, good looking middle class people don't make for sympathetic heroes and heroins?
Volatile
+252|6711|Sextupling in Empire

Good, not great. Probably wouldn't watch it again as the replay value is low, IMO.

It looked more like a bat-whale, and the little ones looked very similar to the infantry bugs in starship troopers
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6704

Just saw it. The ending blew chunks. The entire theater booed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

It was ok. I watched a screener a couple weeks ago.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6368|Vancouver
It was a film that stands out, as a completely different method of filmmaking. A great movie overall. I didn't mind the ending. What did you expect, the same ending that bears itself at the end of every movie? It was different, somewhat realistic, and the ending didn't need more to make it complete. It was obvious how it ended, and the film worked as the viewpoint of only a select group of people- Not the military hero who saves the day, but the average person who is in terror and escaping. If there could be a monster, it was nearly entirely realistic. The film left with mystery, of where this came from. But we didn't need to know how this came. I enjoyed the bit of intrigue, and how the movie remained the product of these partygoers, not an overall picture.

Four stars out of five for me. It had excellent suspense, where we wondered what would happen next, without resorting to cheap horror thrills of a monster that suddenly enters our view and makes us jump- No, it was enjoyable of a fearful situation without the typical Hollywood suspense. The irreverent nature of Hud was the only comedic part of the film, and it was all it needed. It didn't need the large comedy relief of other movies, but only a few lines that occurred naturally. That being said, the remark that Hud said about "flaming hobos" was one of the best parts, along with the death of Darlene. It was an exciting and interesting death.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6636|Mexifornia, USA

Drakef wrote:

That being said, the remark that Hud said about "flaming hobos" was one of the best parts, along with the death of Darlene. It was an exciting and interesting death.
I just saw it earlier today and was wondering about her death. It looked cool but it was over too fast. I only wish they would have answered a lot of the questions about it, or at least that they will in the future

I saw that nightvision part coming, but it was still pretty scary when it happened.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6716|Sweden

spectraman wrote:

All the google images are or look like sin from FFX.
Exactly what i thought
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6833|Lithuania
If you guys paid close enough attention, at the last scene before the movie ends you can see a trail of smoke and what appears to be a meteor hit the water behind them. That's probably how it all started.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Home
Section.80
+447|6854|Seattle, Washington, USA

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Just saw it. The ending blew chunks. The entire theater booed.
What! Are you kidding me. The ending was good, I'm so glad they chose to end it that way. Spoiler (highlight to read):
Do you think it would have been better if they had all got out alive and lived happily ever after?

I thought the movie was pretty good. Pretty creepy at some parts. My only complaint is that there just isn't really much to it. They basically just run from the monster the whole movie.
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

It looks alright, I might get it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
I had been waiting since July 5th when I saw Transformers for this. I'm a huge Lost fan so I know how much of a genius JJ Abrams is. I had been so pumped up hoping that it would live up to my expectations...and it did. By far. Quite possibly in the top 5 of my greatest movies of all time. So well written, well directed and just all-out well made. People compare it to the Blair Witch Project which is ridiculous. This is shot in the same way, yes, but in the Blair Witch it's just a bunch of kids running around in the forest. This was just...wow.

Words can't describe how good this is. And once you see the monster, it's like..."holy fuck". And when you see it face to face, you're like "WTF".

Lots of comical relief throughout as well. I think that's what made the movie even better for me. For a lot of the teenagers in the theater (go figure) they were saying how it sucked, but that's just because they just want the typical "good guys win, bad guys lose" segment. I, even being a teenager found it brilliantly created and written with just amazing filmwork.

The acting really made you feel sad for the characters as well.

Just go see this. You won't regret it.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada
I found it funny that there was warning labels all over the theater stating that Cloverfield may cause motion sickness.. haha..

I thought it was a pretty good movie, some of the scenes were very well done, but the movie leaves you almost unfulfilled.. I want to know the rest of the story.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard