peacock3
+6|6706|Ohio
I have a reasonable amount of playing time in and I'm curious about something:

I'm playing a sniper and I'm laying down an enemy locates me because I have missed his head and he has that last 5% of life left. He is at least 100yds away, jumps and kills me with one shot. This happens to me quite often.

Is the person really that good, it seems like I need a well placed shot with the upgrade sniper rifle right in the ear to a guy who has been sitting still to long at average distance.

Is this a hack/trainer modification if not I have been put down by either pure luck or some serious bas asses.

If you are one of those bad asses maybe you would like to share how you have head-seeking missle bullets.
BurlySmurf
+1|6760|Nellis AFB
I have killed quite a few snipers that missed that shot. Rarely if ever was it with 1 shot though. I do occasionally 1 shot people with the G36E. I assume it is from more than 1 round of the burst hitting the head.

Also if you are laying prone the only place he has to hit you is your head. So you will take more damage from each hit.

Last edited by BurlySmurf (2005-12-27 07:58:35)

sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota
when you go to take a shot at any sort of distance you have to factor in the bullet drop......even if it is a 100yd shot and your lookin to peg some 1 in the head you have to put the crosshairs just a tad above their head and the longer the shot the more you need to aim slightly up.....usually you should have 2 chances to get a shot off before they know where you are, so if you dont get the kill by then, you should relocate so you dont get killed in return
xaven
+25|6738|Berlin
just now i killed a sniper with my pistol (i was out of ammo). just try to be unseen and think of the 1-shot-1-kill-rule...

but i think there is no ballistic trajectory for smallarms in BF2...

Last edited by xaven (2005-12-27 08:17:09)

(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6760
I said it before, I say it again:
THERE IS NO BULLET DROP IN BF2!

Anyway, it is possible to be killed with one shot.
Just stand up, run away take up a position somewhere else, but leave a claymore at your previous place...
bs6749
+3|6749
Did you have full health? Even if you jumped off of a ledge and lost 2 bars of health all the sniper needed to do was body shoot you with the M95 to get a one shot kill. Remember, the M95 is not an "upgrade" as you have called it. It is merely an alternate choice of sniper rilfe. Its advantage is that it can shoot through glass but its disadvantages are less accuracy than M24, which is compensated by larger cross-hairs, and it is very loud. It could have been one of those lucky shots that killed you and I doubt that he was using a hack. You were probably in an obvious sniping spot so he found you quickly and shot you before you realized what had happened. I doubt that I could have made that shot and I have probably 90+ hours with the sniper kit. I have rarely, if ever, tried shooting while jumping though.
Icleos
+101|6747
I've taken down snipers on a crane with a M162A from the ground.
I play sniper a lot though so I'm pretty accurate with most weapons.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

Just stand up, run away take up a position somewhere else, but leave a claymore at your previous place...
i beg to differ on the no bullet drop........if you got another sniper or someone else dead in the cross hair from a great range like 250+ yards your not going to hit him....believe me!! and im def not new to sniping, hell its practically all i do! THERE iS 2 BULLET DROP..............
bs6749
+3|6749

sharpshot19 wrote:

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

i beg to differ on the no bullet drop........if you got another sniper or someone else dead in the cross hair from a great range like 250+ yards your not going to hit him....believe me!! and im def not new to sniping, hell its practically all i do! THERE iS 2 BULLET DROP..............
Not necessarily. There is a deviation for each weapon I believe. And with this deviation the bullet will stray that much from the center of the cross-hairs in infinitley many directions spreading out from the crosshairs. (Sort of like a circle with a central point. Infinitely many directions are possible from this central point.) With this in mind the bullet could travel either over, below, left or right of the target. At such a long distance the bullet will travel even further up, down, left or right as it has more time to travel. Probably not down since aiming at the head from far away seems like it would guarantee at least a low stomach shot. The bullet is going either right or left of the target is my guess. I thought there was something posted that said for certain that there is no bullet drop in the game. This is hardly true for tanks, GLs etc.
topal63
. . .
+533|6723

bs6749 wrote:

sharpshot19 wrote:

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

Not necessarily. There is a deviation for each weapon I believe. And with this deviation the bullet will stray that much from the center of the cross-hairs in infinitley many directions spreading out from the crosshairs. (Sort of like a circle with a central point. Infinitely many directions are possible from this central point.) With this in mind the bullet could travel either over, below, left or right of the target. At such a long distance the bullet will travel even further up, down, left or right as it has more time to travel. Probably not down since aiming at the head from far away seems like it would guarantee at least a low stomach shot. The bullet is going either right or left of the target is my guess. I thought there was something posted that said for certain that there is no bullet drop in the game. This is hardly true for tanks, GLs etc.
No bullet drop(?) - and perfecto on the cone of error reporting. . .

All you have to do is take ANY gun and find a wall - then go prone (p), crouch (c), stand (s); and fire your weapon at a spot on the wall (from different distances even); and in different stances (p,c,s); and you will be able to see the gunshot hole on the wall (for a little time anyway); this will give you a visable reference for the cone of error for that weapon (and how stance effects this cone of error).

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-29 11:26:10)

Seth Infinite
+3|6744|Houston, The Republic of Texas
If you're sniping from 100 yards (30 meters) you're way to close. Get yourself an assault rifle. I snipe in Ghost Town and Warlord and my average range is 80-180 meters. At that range a head shot is still death, a body shot  is still massive damage and maybe death but the main thing is that you can miss several times and they cannot find you, so, shoot again.

Two weeks ago my K/D with a sniper rifle was probably at .70. Now it's around 1.2 and climbing. This is mainly because I decided to put some distance between me and my victims. I've also found that sniping snipers can be fun.

Warlord Typical shots:
SAS base to top of TV Tower.
SAS base to building in front of Palace Check Point - About the longest possible on that map.

Ghost Typical Shots:
Building at South Bridge Spawn to South Upper Spawn point. (nice range)
Building at South Bridge Spawn to North Upper Spawn point. ( a little long)
Spetznats base to upper level of tower - About the longest possible on that map.
Home
Section.80
+447|6853|Seattle, Washington, USA

Seth Infinite wrote:

Warlord Typical shots:
SAS base to top of TV Tower.
SAS base to building in front of Palace Check Point - About the longest possible on that map.
SAS base to building in front of Palace Check Point?!?! How can you even see that far? I play with all graphics settings on High, including visibility distance, and I know for a fact that there is fog and you can't see all the way to the palace, let alone actuallly snipe people. I'm not accusing you of hacking or anything, but could you please explain this?

Last edited by Homeschtar (2005-12-27 16:47:20)

orangetoejam
+0|6703
theres no bullet drop in bf2 its a game!!!if u want a good shot aim for the neck.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6744

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

WTF?! BF2 got bullet drop and it has been proven. I had a video to prove it. When I find it i'll post it.
vedds
+52|6760|Christchurch New Zealand

Seth Infinite wrote:

If you're sniping from 100 yards (30 meters) you're way to close. Get yourself an assault rifle. I snipe in Ghost Town and Warlord and my average range is 80-180 meters.
mate - 100yards is around 90 meters. 100 FEET is 30 meters. i dont think its the range thats his prob...
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6760
No gun is 100% accurate, which means that the bullet could hit a traget somewhere else, than the crosshairs show.It can hit a target if you aim above them, but not always!There is deviation, and not bullet drop.
Just like bs6749, and topal63 said before...
I would like to see the video you mentioned, Im curious now.

Last edited by (HUN)Rudebwoy (2005-12-27 19:36:11)

Seth Infinite
+3|6744|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Got home and went in to check...

HOMESCHTAR, you're right. From the spawn point, you can see the multi-story corner building across the street from the TV STATION.  Approx distance of 160 meters. If some sniper is prone and hanging out the right side you have a real nice silhouette. This shot is gauranteed to be there 3 or 4 times a game. The other night there were 3 guys up there twice (same guys). Both times I got 2 of them.

Warlord distance checks.
Spetsnaz spawn at bridge to top of tower, approx 165 mtrs.
SAS Spawn to building at soth upper, approx. 165 Mtrs.

My bad on the math, consider it a brain fart. Was thinking 100 feet...doh

My apologies.

Last edited by Seth Infinite (2005-12-27 20:36:46)

Rizen_Ji
+41|6741|200m out and smiling at you.
http://media.putfile.com/M95-Bullet-Drop

PROOF THERE IS BULLET DROP

And anyways they incorporated so many other actual factors and the physics is amazing, so why wouldn't they put in bullet drop? We're not playing Halo or CS with these 100% accurate weapons that you can no scope a person from across a map with your sniper...
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota
like i said......there IS bullet drop....jeez
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

I have killed a sniper in one shot before after he had shot me. It was on Mastuur, and this guy hit me at quite a far range, but I had spotted him. I jumped around a bit, looking like an egg, (I was re-loading,) but managed a jumping headshot on him. It was a fluke, I'm normally a better Sniper and shoot and kill someone before I'm seen.

I don't know about bullet drop. I use the M95, and as such a powerful rifle, bullet drop wouldn't be too much of an issue.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota

Tyferra wrote:

I have killed a sniper in one shot before after he had shot me. It was on Mastuur, and this guy hit me at quite a far range, but I had spotted him. I jumped around a bit, looking like an egg, (I was re-loading,) but managed a jumping headshot on him. It was a fluke, I'm normally a better Sniper and shoot and kill someone before I'm seen.

I don't know about bullet drop. I use the M95, and as such a powerful rifle, bullet drop wouldn't be too much of an issue.
oh but it would be an issue when shooting cross map......i do it a lot and you definetly need to compensate where you aim when dealing with range....plus the power of the rifle has nothing to do with how accurate it is.....the m24 does just as much damge theorhetically...by this i mean they both (m24, m95) require 2 shots unless the victim is already wounded...then the power of the rifle comes into play....or if you shoot them in the head 1 shot no matter the weapon...
bs6749
+3|6749
I did some digging around and found myself to be partially wrong. I said that I doubted that there is bullet drop and that the bullet probably travels left or right of the intended target.

http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/unlocks/m95

In this link from the WIKI section it is stated that BULLET DROP IS IN THE GAME. Now there isn't any evidence provided but the craeators of WIKI would not knowingly post bad information. Therefore I now believe that there is bullet drop for sure. Believe what you may I am just saying that a credible source says there indeed is.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota
ya know i was looking at that exact page earlier today and forgot all about it lol
bs6749
+3|6749
I don't know what made me think of this but it seems pretty stupid if it is true.

I heard that being hit in the head with a hand grenade kills with one hit. Not from the shrapnel and explosion but from the impact.

If this is true then it is stupid how it takes 2 headshots with a pistol before the enemy goes down. I don't know about the rest of you but I think that there is more force from a gunshot than ANYONE could ever achieve by tossing a grenade. Yes even while jumping to put that extra umph into it.

Last edited by bs6749 (2005-12-27 22:59:35)

sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6701|minnesota
theres no way that can be true.....it would literally defy physics....given the velocity a bullet can achieve, a grenade to the head w/o exploding would have to achieve one similar to that in relationship to its size to create such a force as to kill some1, which is impossible if it were hand tossed.....if anything it would leave one helluva bruise lol and actually jumping wouldnt give it any extra umph either...its would hit with the same velocity whether it was thrown standing or jumping (Damn i really did learn something in physics class in HS :P)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard