wongydude
+7|5991
Lets say you're commanding, and your team is kinda split up with a few dudes running off to flags away from the main battle. Would you give UAV support to the main meat of your team (where most of the enemy will be as well) or for those capping flags away from the action?
Dr_3V|L
+51|6732|Twente, The Netherlands
If your team is raped the complete round because they're not capping flags, it'd be better to give some support to players who try to achieve a real goal, right?
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6145
I only give scans if there more then 2-3 guys at that single group...or i just simply spot 'em
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland
I'd give it  to the squads who show some intelligence and follow orders.

Remember commanders can zoom and watch the action...often you will see your team ignoring enemies you just spotted or highlighted with UAV...so I give it to the guys Iknow will need it and use it.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea
I'd UAV the main battle, then watch the others and spot any enemys for them and tell them that they're all clear etc.
dead_rac00n
+12|6489|DTC
I give the UAV to the players capping flags and arty on those who do nothing.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6633|Sea to globally-cooled sea

dead_rac00n wrote:

I give the UAV to the players capping flags and arty on those who do nothing.
lol

i give UAV to individuals capping flags away from the main battle.  But that's because i play Wake, and in that map every flag is really important.
FunKYPenGuin
FunKY Member
+19|5991|Sydney
UAV over the big bunch of people who are in the battle and just spot the few with the people capturing flags is what I do.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6661

I'd do a scan and see if there was anyone near the flag that small team was trying to take. If I didn't have scan available I'd do a blind spot. If the team is competent, they should be able to take out the few enemies approaching. But if there's way too many enemies, a UAV wouldn't make much of a difference, the few guys would still get overtaken by a massive amount of enemies.

Therefore, I do UAV over the main battle area, but that's not to say I don't support the guys trying to take a flag.
Casartelli
No skills, just luck
+14|6157|The Netherlands
It depends... I scan the are and if the are is clear I use "K" to say to him "Hotel area is clear" for instance. Or I scan the area and spot them out.

If two or three guys are trying to cap flags and there are 4 or 5 enemies I'll give them UAV support, but never when the area is clear anyway.
IrishWind
+4|6717
UAV, but have the flag they are capping be on the edge of the coverage area.  Nothing like a big red flag of a UAV circling a flag away from the front to say "Hey, something over here is of interest for the bad guys!"

If there is only one or two protecting the flag, spot them out and use the UAV/Arty on the main fight.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland
Good point raised...scan before using UAV, no point using the UAV for nothing.

Also I see a lot of commanders putting UAV ofer a group of enemies with no nearby friendlies...kinda pointless
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6548|Washington
Give UAV to the players that are getting the flags.
aimless
+166|6132|Texas
Giving UAV to the main battle is sometimes useless. If there are a lot of enemy troops is a given area (like bridge fights at karkand) your team will probably be too busy to look at the UAV.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6388|the land of bourbon
just a tip, u can spot without using the scan.  i hate when i ask a commander to spot around a flag, and he tells me his scan isnt ready.  that doesn't matter, just spot anyway, and enemies will mark if they are there, otherwise it will just put a question mark on your minimap.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

I might give it to the rouges, since they are giving the team a huge chance at an advantage.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6669|Groningen, The Netherlands

MrAnderson wrote:

I'd give it  to the squads who show some intelligence and follow orders.

Remember commanders can zoom and watch the action...often you will see your team ignoring enemies you just spotted or highlighted with UAV...so I give it to the guys Iknow will need it and use it.
Same here
Capella_Ben
+1|5997|Brisbane, Australia
I always scan first and give UAV to the flag capper if there are any enemies around.  I find that spotting the enemy manually usually gets ignored.  They can't miss the UAV, it gives them a warm an fuzzy feeling.

I rekon that keeping the UAV in teh air at the right spot is the number one priority for the commander.  I use the Artiliary for snipers a lot of the time. 

Ben
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

You put up a UAV where the majority of the enemies are.  You spot for someone who is capping a flag by themselves or with a small group.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6352|Twyford, UK
UAV the main battle, spot for the flag-cappers manually after commending them and dropping them a car.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6388|Oslo, Norway
I UAV the main battle. But I always make sure that the squads can hear me over VOIP. So I can give them directions where there are people. I scan the area and spot every enemy trooper out of the main battle area. That's a great way to reveal snipers.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5990|Perth, Australia

steelie34 wrote:

just a tip, u can spot without using the scan.  i hate when i ask a commander to spot around a flag, and he tells me his scan isnt ready.  that doesn't matter, just spot anyway, and enemies will mark if they are there, otherwise it will just put a question mark on your minimap.
QFT. I can't stand commanders who don't spot. And ones that don't know about supply crates repairing assets, but that's another story.

And yeah, UAV tha main bunch and spot the rest. If possible try dropping vehicles on those you spot. Not only is it hilarious but it also removes one potential enemy.

Rod
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6850|England

Rod Foxx wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

QFT. I can't stand commanders who don't spot. And ones that don't know about supply crates repairing assets, but that's another story.

And yeah, UAV tha main bunch and spot the rest. If possible try dropping vehicles on those you spot. Not only is it hilarious but it also removes one potential enemy.

Rod
Woot Woot, I DO do something right then!!!!

I use the UAV on the small squad trying to win the game, capping the flags, but if that isn't possible, i.e. more than one decent squad, I will randomly spot at/around where they are, and they can see if its a ?, then they are clear.

I have spent enough time being the only one trying to cap flags, while the rest point whore, and being ignored by the team/commander, I look out for the little guy.

Remember soldiers, You may have more points, and more tickets, but without flags, you are screwed!
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6289|Pennsyltucky

I give the UAV to Flag-cappers, I'll try to manually spot for the others.
Dwit
+34|6517
UAV for the flag cappers, the main battle is most of time nade throwing and etc. lots of people mean your team would probably see lots of enemy's to.

The flag cappers can quickly be killed by 1 or 2 enemy's at the flag. But your squad can kill them easily if they now were they are. So extra flags for your team

( just throw arty at main battle and its good 2 )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard