bonedoc69
+36|6412|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.
I have to deal with tweakers every day at work. The problem is growing so rapidly I don't think we are ever going to eradicate the problem with conventional thinking. So I have come up with a solution, we place 55 gal. barrels full of meth, heroin, crack, etc.. in selected parks throughout the city. We stencil "FREE DRUGS when empty please call 555-555-5555  and they will be refilled in a timely fashion." to the sides of the barrels. Natural selection will take care of the rest. Those of us smart enough to know how stupid ingesting these substances is can sleep well at night knowing an addict wont be breaking into our cars, stealing our property or robbing us to support an out of control addiction. The added bonus will be the HUGE taxpayer revenue created when we stop funding the cash cow programs designed to combat drug use, that as far as I can see don't work anyway. I am willing to bet property and ID theft crimes will drop by as much as 80% and violent crimes will follow suite. No gangs killing each other for a cut of the illegal drug profits, no street corner dealers packing guns, no dead children in blown up meth houses and a police force with enough free time to actually make an impact on society instead of chasing their tail sending these people to the revolving door justice system. A justice system ill suited to deal with the wave of arrests drugs cause in the first place. Lastly how much money can we save not having these people incarcerated for years on end. One prisoner costs the US taxpayers 60,000 per year, multiply that by the 100s of thousands locked up for drug related crimes. That should take a massive chunk off the national debt, as well as a little tax relief to the average household.
What do you think?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
so how will the drug dealers make money?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Why don't you go join the Nazi Party while you're at it?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
bonedoc69

ig wrote:

The same way everyone else does. It's called a job.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Spark wrote:

You cant always play nice spark.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523

bonedoc69 wrote:

ig wrote:

The same way everyone else does. It's called a job.
that's logical...
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Spark wrote:

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

?
What i mean is, When your too nice you get easily walked over, You get tough you're called a nazi, But if you play things just right everything will take care of its self.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

What government agency will oversee the refilling, manufacture, and safety of the drugs? We need govt lawyers to shield the govt from lawsuits and to draw up waivers. How do we keep children out of the drug vat. Taxes will need to be collected for your plan.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
Op=satirist.
bonedoc69

jsnipy wrote:

What government agency will oversee the refilling, manufacture, and safety of the drugs? We need govt lawyers to shield the govt from lawsuits and to draw up waivers. How do we keep children out of the drug vat. Taxes will need to be collected for your plan.
The DEA will have a lot of time on there hands to oversee the operation, they are well funded already. only adults will be permitted into the parks, again an out of work DEA agent will fill the local oversight positions. Even with the DEA agency still running the savings would be mind blowing.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

David.P wrote:

?
What i mean is, When your too nice you get easily walked over, You get tough you're called a nazi, But if you play things just right everything will take care of its self.
Sorry if I don't support the judicial extermination of a large swathe of people.
~ Richard Feynman
bonedoc69

Spark wrote:

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

?
Sorry if I don't support the judicial extermination of a large swathe of people.
We would not be exterminating anyone, we would not force anyone to do anything they aren't doing now. We would simply be reallocating funds and creating a safer environment for the rest of us. An addict will find drugs with or without the barrels, With them we cut out the middle man. We remove the monetary catalyst for the drug trade effectively killing it all together. Dope fiends get drugs, we get to sleep at night.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
Why not just legalize the softer drugs, end mandatory sentencing, and spend a lot more on rehabilitation rather than incarceration?
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6831|Denver colorado
Exactly. The government is already spending money enforcing drug laws.

Time after time police have been involved in violent predicaments dealing with drug dealers.
If theres nobody to deal the drugs theres nobody to cause conflict with.
bonedoc69

Turquoise wrote:

Why not just legalize the softer drugs, end mandatory sentencing, and spend a lot more on rehabilitation rather than incarceration?
softer drugs don't contribute to the crime epidemic, in my plan all drugs would be legal . Pot could be grown without the government being involved. The drugs at the root of property and violent crimes would be free of charge.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
What?

No pot?

so where will they have the free drugs?

Coz I have lots of baggies...

Ill quit my job... take free drugs and sell them... sounds good.
Turquoise
O Canada
Legalizing the harder drugs is a nice idea, but I think the short term costs would likely outweigh any long term benefits.  I think we just need to focus more on helping people rather than punishing them.

Punishment should only be dealt when the person harms someone else.  If they only harm themselves, then we should help them out.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6481|Somewhere else

Some other countries have clinics that give out drugs.  While not the best course of action, its a safe means for a junkie to get drugs, and clean needles and shit.

Drugs fuck people up into doing things they never would, until the addiction becomes them.  Now, if you want, you could have this clinics SECRETLY, every so often give out batches of hot doses, real potent shit, and when they Overdose, that's that.  As long as the truth doesn't get out, who's gonna investigate a death where a JUNKIE overdosed?

Now if the tweakers are Co-workers, realistically, the Company you work for WANTS addicts.  Think about it.  Pay the people shit wages, and if they bitch, just tell them that pay increases demand a reliable employee, and drug testing will come into effect immediately.   That will shut them up.  The junkies work thier partially because the don't want to quit thier use, and thier job doesn't test.  Where are hey gonna go to if they have to quit?
bonedoc69

Turquoise wrote:

Legalizing the harder drugs is a nice idea, but I think the short term costs would likely outweigh any long term benefits.  I think we just need to focus more on helping people rather than punishing them.

Punishment should only be dealt when the person harms someone else.  If they only harm themselves, then we should help them out.
I see your point about offering help, but who is being punished in my plan?
Turquoise
O Canada
Bone, I was talking about how my plan would differ from the current law enforcement.  Although, it would differ from yours in that my emphasis is more on rehabilitation.
bonedoc69

Turquoise wrote:

Bone, I was talking about how my plan would differ from the current law enforcement.  Although, it would differ from yours in that my emphasis is more on rehabilitation.
Could we do both I wonder?
BVC
+325|6697
We're dealing with the birth/sustainment of a meth epidemic here.

I love weed, have dabbled with acid & other psychadelics, but meth is just...no.  When people start hacking other people to bits with samurai swords, and beating 6 year olds to death after three nights on the P...no, just no, you can't tell me that stuff is good.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

I agree..........sort off. They should legalize all drugs. If people want to jack up or whatever, let them, infact, make the shit as clean as possible and get rid of the stigma. Because its the danger and the stigma that allot of addicts use to punish themselves for whatever wrongs they think the world has done to them.  The efforts and money put into catching addicts to throw them in prison were the drug problem is worse is not the answer. Addicts are usually hopelessly addicted and they need help to dry out not be chucked in jail.
My friends Bro just got back on Heroin after been clean for a year, he flew over here for 3 days went back to England and jumped in front of a train. He was over to say goodbye.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
How would legalizing the "hardcore" drugs contribute to less crime, because they're legal people won't use them because it's not "cool" or "rebellious" anymore?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard