ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
+15|6469|Everywhere and nowhere
I've recently started playing in servers that utilize Battlerecorder so I could start tinkering with new camera angles and such for videos. I've become very familiar with how it works.. the one thing I don't understand is how to remove the blue/red player names.. or if this is even possible?

This topic is related to creating Videos.. but I wasn't sure if this is where I should post it. Mods feel free to relocate if this is out of place.
Safrguns
+105|6130
Yes possible.

First, while in Battlerecorder, you can remove the hud info by hitting the tild key ~ and entering this command:

renderer.drawhud 0

The same type of command can be issued to remove the nametags,
but it requires that you add a line to the gamelogic.init file located in the game installation folder.

renderer.drawnametags 0

MAKE SURE that you backup this file and restore it before you play online again.
ProteinRage
Hero of the Internet
+15|6469|Everywhere and nowhere
Awesome! Thanks Safr.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6327

Darn. I wanted to tell you how to do it
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Adamshannon8
+94|6184

Safrguns wrote:

Yes possible.

First, while in Battlerecorder, you can remove the hud info by hitting the tild key ~ and entering this command:

renderer.drawhud 0

The same type of command can be issued to remove the nametags,
but it requires that you add a line to the gamelogic.init file located in the game installation folder.

renderer.drawnametags 0

MAKE SURE that you backup this file and restore it before you play online again.
or use battledirector
Safrguns
+105|6130

Adamshannon8 wrote:

or use battledirector
Yeah... I tried battledirector.   Its only a shell, and does the exact same thing.
And... if it crashes, you have to follow the restore procedures yourself anyway, or you get flagged for modified content.
Also,  Battledirector does not use your profile for movement controls... you get defaults.. thats it.
If you invert your mouse, your outa luck for controlling movement the way your used to.

All you really need is fraps and a good video editor.

Last edited by Safrguns (2007-12-12 19:03:23)

san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live
And you might want to try my BattleRecorder hotkeys so you don't have to sit and watch while the BattleRecorder file fast-forwards to the spot you want. The link is in my sig.

/shameless plug

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard