SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6819|Delaware
More than once I've thought to myself "Gee, this map is big enough for a black hawk." And I've found myself daydreaming during a game about how kick butt a black hawk would be in that map. Just one, no more. It would make things a lot more interesting, as well as give people a second thing to think about after you've blown the bridge...Anyone else agree?
harrywarry
+0|6839
no not a good idea.. i hate the tanks already in karkand... stupid idea.. sorry
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

Yeah. Fuck that -- there are too few infantry maps anyway, let's not take another one away.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
I agree, if anything, Karkand needs less vehicles!  Or perhaps a van down by the river...Matt Foley style!
SysTray
+180|6819|Delaware
Having a black hawk could mean taking away some land vehicles anyway, in order for room to make a helipad.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
If you want BH that bad, how about a ranked server with custom maps?  Could be interesting, if they were done well.  Like DC was for example.
SysTray
+180|6819|Delaware

CMDR_Dave wrote:

If you want BH that bad, how about a ranked server with custom maps?  Could be interesting, if they were done well.  Like DC was for example.
The only problem I see with that is-as you noted-if they weren't done well. I can just see some idiot making a useless map.
Sarum
The Angry Geek
+11|6845
What makes Karkand good is it's lack of aircraft and silly numbers of vehicles. I think it'd be even better as just infantry and hummers/vodniks. The BH in Mastuur ruins the game half the time, because your team cba to shoot at it, and then blames everyone but themselves when they suddenly find they have no spawn points, since the BH took them all.
Cavendel
+0|6828
Can you imagine the points that a good gunner/pilot combo could rack up in Karkand. Sitting low hiding behind a building, pop out and nail a few, duck back as the AA comes flying at you. Engineers repairing any damage. You could rack up more points than in Mashtuur city.

I would have to vote no to a BH in Karkand.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6835|A Small Isle in the Tropics

i vote no to a BH at karkand. you can do the BH thing just by using the Humvee, as it is fast enough and the streets are straight. just need one very good driver, and a good gunner.
Sarum
The Angry Geek
+11|6845
Can a mechanic in the back fix the hummer like they can the BH? I've never tried.
blue60007
+0|6842

Sarum wrote:

Can a mechanic in the back fix the hummer like they can the BH? I've never tried.
Yep, they can.
ThorGoT
chuy pwnz me
+0|6841

SysTray wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

The only problem I see with that is-as you noted-if they weren't done well. I can just see some idiot making a useless map.
BF2_iceworld!!!

Oh the fun that would be.
LSD_Wash
+64|6811
BH on Karkan?  No offense... but worst idea EVER!  It's the most popular map because it's probably the most balanced.  It's the most balanced, at least partly, because there's no potential for jerks to BH rape.  I would hate to see a good map ruined.
CylonAgent
+0|6810
I'd have to agree... not thanks, no way, not fun. The Aircraft in many of the maps actually detract from game play, and thier less than realistic damage model means that taking them down is too much of a chore. A BH can be downed by a grenade, ala Mogadishu... always strikes me as funny when they survive a tank round.

*EDIT*

Ok after giving it a second thought and ignoring my emotions on the issues, maybe a BH could be fesable. BUT! And this is a big but... infantry would need way more interior room in which to find cover. There would need to be a helluva lot more open buildings with windows and cover. As well as positions that provided cover for capping and defending flags.

Last edited by CylonAgent (2005-09-02 08:19:59)

[EmpireArmory]Uriain
+0|6812
Personally, I think the Helo's and Tanks/ACP's ruin all city maps.. I would prefer just Hummer's and Vodnicks, they carry a couple guys.. give you a could access points to shoot out of..and hopefully get you across the map. I find that Tanks/ACP's just mean gank fest once they pile into an area. Unless half your team is Spec-Ops/Anti-Tank, 2-4 Armoured veichles take forever to kill.

If I could tweak a map, I would change Mashtuur city to have no Helo's but to have a second tank on each side.. That level (for me) has alot of good places to hit an armoured Veichle from..
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6825|Australia
its hard enough running around and reviving everyone..... a BH would take away my scoring....
Phonics_Monkey2
+0|6797
You cant have a BH on that map unless u give me the key to self destruct button. BH would ruin that map.
nhl2337
+0|6741
I dont think so......the reason that i love karkand,is that there are no helis and airplanes......door to door combat......im a tard flying anyway
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6787|Singapore

haha. How bout 3 planes each side in karkand?

[/sarcasm]

Nah. keep karkand the way it is. I hate city maps my stats think so too.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6823|Netherlands
i dream of vehicle mod,
BFV.  like,
set or not,
ur own ammount of vehicles.

Once i made a map,
with only scooters..moped,s.

No!        BH in Karkand.

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2005-11-11 00:44:29)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6818
https://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4725/negative77xx.jpg
Instant Cereal
+0|6742
I think Karkand is perfect the way it is. I also don't think there are too many vehicles in the map. Well.... perhaps reduce the amount of APCs on each side by 1 on 64 size, but other than that it's fine. Karkand should definitely always have a tank; without tanks in the map, it would be evolve into a giant infantry, meat-grinding stalement most of the time.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, EspaƱa
Black hawk in Karkland? Sickass idea ''Voting Against''

What would be a good thing in Karkland ... i think a Day/Nigth Time  in the round settings

like 1 round Day, and the round next is Night . i would like to play it while it,s dark in karkland that would be awesome:D Agree/Disagree
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6741|Vienna- Austria
take away the tanks,
make it 2 APC for US and one more hummer and one blackhawk

for mec, take away the tank also.. give em some AA. at square, train and mainbase
and give em a mi-17, and one more btr.

but get rid of these tanks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard