avman633
+116|6411

aimless wrote:

I think the pro version has more codec exporting options, for you video editors out there.
I really don't do any of that but still nice find
Klinka-Klinko
NIKE Swoosh
+101|6267|cs_connecticut‬‭
Meh, no thanks. I don't even use Divx.
PluggedValve
+17|6387
I use PowerDVD to play movies but it needs some of the divX codec's for some file types.  I found this when i reinstalled windows, when i put divX back on it automatically asked if i wanted pro for free.  So, hells yah.  I dont see any difference either, but i dont do any video editing.

Good find, handy post.
ReTox
+100|6546|State of RETOXification
Divx is a codec, a Compression/Decompression algorithm like MPG or WMV.  Divx started as a hack to Microsoft's H.263 Mpeg-4 codec.  Since it was freely available and far superior to the MS one it caught on like wild fire.

In recent years though Xvid, an open source MPEG-4 variant, has been the mainstay.  Today your best bet for quality and compression ratio is x264 which is free, 100% open source and is an Mpeg-4 (h.264) AVC codec.  Much better than Divx but it is REALLY slow.  That is common though, encoding video with newer codecs requires a long time.  It is a common phrase to say "long encode for short decode"  meaning that by taking the time to properly encode the video will allow a much quicker, or realtime, decode.  This is principal of DVD and HD as well.

Still, getting Divx for free is never a bad thing.
Ymon
+8|6483

GraphicArtist J wrote:

DivX is giving 6.8 Pro away for free. Grab the file here and use the serial provided.
http://www.divx.com/dff/index.php
--------------------------------------------
The serial number is the same for everyone... so here are the serial numbers:

Windows: A3NI9M7P47B325A52C26

Macs: 338BSZ759249T26B2M9E
So i tried to give you +1 but it said i needed more karma

so remind me in the future that i owe you 1 karma

(P.S. I have another hillarious video in my profile on youtube or you could just go to 1337 Claymores in the bf2 media section)
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6731|West Yorkshire, U.K
Free = added Virus!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard