The US 2000/2004 presidential election was rigged12%12% - 25
Aliens have visited Earth13%13% - 27
In two or three of the above options16%16% - 32
At least four or more of the above options6%6% - 12
None of the above26%26% - 52
Total: 193
imortal
+240|6685|Austin, TX
I was curous in people who believe in conspiracies.  Does belief in one conspiracy make it easier to believe another conspiracy?  WHy do you believe in what you do? 

I am more curious in the conspicary attitude in general; it is not my intention to focus on any particular one.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6762|OctoLand
Conspiracies are for the weak minded.
I know fucking karate
IRONCHEF
+385|6511|Northern California
Pearl was initiated by FDR to build the economy.  He succeeded.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6356|Oregon
No fucking way LHO could have been the only gunman.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6466|The Land of Scott Walker
None.

Believing in one conspiracy does make it easier to believe in another.
imortal
+240|6685|Austin, TX

djphetal wrote:

No fucking way LHO could have been the only gunman.
Why?  They have proved it was possible for him to get the shots off in the time given.  They have proven it was possible for him to have walked to where he was arrested.  Or is it just the bullets damage paths that make you think what you do?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6571|CH/BR - in UK

Rigged Elections for me... At least, the first.

-konfusion
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6467|Chicago, IL

justice wrote:

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6753|St. Andrews / Oslo

I WANT SQUARE BOXES D:

none of the above.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jord
+2,382|6699|The North, beyond the wall.
Aliens have visited Earth at one time or another.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6762|FUCK UBISOFT

none.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6369|Belfast

jord wrote:

i agree
too many people have claimed
the government cant deny it anymore
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6467|Chicago, IL

henno13 wrote:

jord wrote:

i agree
A lot of people have claimed to be Jesus too, that doesn't make it true...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6762|FUCK UBISOFT

henno13 wrote:

jord wrote:

i agree
Holy shit, everything in the tabloids is true!
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jord
I've got one of my own.

The NHS charges to park on a car park. The reason they don't give reasons why their is delays is because it's a scam. If they keep you back 1 extra hour before treatment they get more money as it costs more the longer you stay there.
jord

S.Lythberg wrote:

henno13 wrote:

jord wrote:

i agree
I said it, and being the smart young man I am it's probably true. How long has Earth been here? How long have Humans been here? A fraction, it is well within logic that we're not the only race to have inhabited this planet.
mikkel
+383|6622

justice wrote:

Yeah, 'cause we all know that no group of people have ever conspired to do anything. Ever.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6467|Chicago, IL

jord wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

henno13 wrote:

i agree
I said it, and being the smart young man I am it's probably true. How long has Earth been here? How long have Humans been here? A fraction, it is well within logic that we're not the only race to have inhabited this planet.
an advanced alien race would have left relics had they stayed for an extended period of time...

Out of the trillions of planets out there, im sure at least one has to have evolved life, but the amount of time, energy, and money required to travel the immense distances between habitable planets is pretty discouraging.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6576
9/11 - incompetency, not conspiracy.
Moon landing - too difficult to fake.
JFK assassination - possible that there were 2 gunmen.
Pearl Harbor - incompetency, not conspiracy.
US 2000/2004 Election - 2000 Florida probably not squeaky clean, 2004 fine.
Aliens - ate my granma.
PureFodder
+225|6306

S.Lythberg wrote:

jord wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

an advanced alien race would have left relics had they stayed for an extended period of time...

Out of the trillions of planets out there, im sure at least one has to have evolved life, but the amount of time, energy, and money required to travel the immense distances between habitable planets is pretty discouraging.
If you actually look at human evolution and the formation of the universe, it really is only relatively recently (in terms of the age of the universe) that any carbon based life could have come about. It requires the universe to expand, cool, form stars, a star to go supernova, the remenants of the star to reform into another star and solar system, the solar system to stabalise and cool, evolution from single cell to highly advanced trillions of cells being.

There is absolutely no chance that there was a carbon based life form on our planet bafore us. The speed of light pretty well stops any communication let alone visitation from any life from outside our fairly immedate (in terms of the universe) surroundings. Non carbon based life is possible but hard to predict anything sensible about. From our undertstanding silicon is a possible basis for life, but you'd expect silicon based life to come about probably much later in the life of theuniverse than carbon based life due to it taking longer to form.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6473|Cambridge, UK

Only one I think may have any truth is: The US 2000/2004 presidential election was rigged

Not sure rigged is the right word, or that there was a conspiracy, but defo a tad iffy in places!
jord

PureFodder wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

jord wrote:

If you actually look at human evolution and the formation of the universe, it really is only relatively recently (in terms of the age of the universe) that any carbon based life could have come about. It requires the universe to expand, cool, form stars, a star to go supernova, the remenants of the star to reform into another star and solar system, the solar system to stabalise and cool, evolution from single cell to highly advanced trillions of cells being.

There is absolutely no chance that there was a carbon based life form on our planet bafore us. The speed of light pretty well stops any communication let alone visitation from any life from outside our fairly immedate (in terms of the universe) surroundings. Non carbon based life is possible but hard to predict anything sensible about. From our undertstanding silicon is a possible basis for life, but you'd expect silicon based life to come about probably much later in the life of theuniverse than carbon based life due to it taking longer to form.
I'm not going to pretend I know much so bear with me.

You're just thinking of Carbon and Silicon lifeforms here. What if there was a completely different form? Undiscovered by us yet. Could that not be possible?

Thinking outside the box.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6467|Chicago, IL

PureFodder wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

jord wrote:

silicon is far too rigid in compounds to be a suitable basis for complex life. (single molecule protein-like viruses may be possible though)

But you are correct that carbon is formed through oxygen fusion, and can only be accessed after the death of a massive star, so only older areas (but not burned out) of the galaxy are good potential hosts.

besides, do we really want to meet our alien neighbors?

https://www.planetavp.com/images/avpmovie/predators_small.jpg
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6602|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Pearl Harbor - incompetency, not conspiracy.
How so?

In any case, that is the only one with the potential to be a real conspiracy (although Florida 2000 did seem a bit iffy).

The Pearl harbour incident seemed to have happened in such a convenient manner for FDR that it is extremely difficult to rule out the possibility that it was allowed to happen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard