DR-BLAZ
+0|6686
DR-BLAZ’s suggestions to improve BF2 and BF2:SF

12/26/2005

* I swiped this idea from someone else.

1. Award 1/4 point for spotting a target. Generally, awards should be increased across the board. For instance, if someone asks for a ride, and you stop a vehicle to pick him up, you get a full point.

2. Friendly flags should have unlimited ammo and health. Any base on a real battlefield will have supplies; why not in the game? Dropping supply crates is for further out in the field.

3. * Mines, C4s, and claymores should use differentiating labels. A simple red skull to adorn all of these hazards is a poor scheme.

4. Automatic, severe punishment (such as a loss of 10 points), for driving a vehicle away from someone requesting a pickup (unless the vehicle is full or enemy artillery is coming in). A better punishment would be to have an area called “the stocks” at the center of every map. Various wrong-doers can be held in old-fashioned stocks, with their name badges above their heads for all to see. Punishment times would vary based on the crime (see: hockey).

The punishment concept should be expanded across the board. At present, the only punishment in BF2 is for teamkilling. There should be negative consequences for many more things, like not dropping ammo or med kits. If you are playing support or medic, you should be penalized for dying while holding droppable supply bags.

5. BF2 world should find its way into the real world. Weapons, unlocks, characters, etc., should be available for export. These items should be tradable and sellable online – we should be learning from Everquest and similar games. Money and a mercenary element might be helpful in BF2. What modern combat zone in the real world lacks mercenaries?

6. Create more incentives to acquire badges and increase rank. I honestly can't think of a better way (unlocks and preference for commander), but somebody must have an idea.

7. Better multiplayer lobby. The in-game lobby is awful. The Desert Combat mod running on BF1942 proved that a good in-game lobby system can be done. A buddy list is a requirement.

Is EA/Dice too cheap, or is it a talent issue? Or, do 3rd-party lobbies have a deal with EA, where the in-game lobby is deliberately made poor to drive people to other applications?

8. * Throwable knives.

9. * More gore. When I open up on someone at point blank range with an M249, they should literally fly apart in a shower of blood.

Have "M" rated servers and "E" rated servers, for Mature and Everyone. A parental lock option would keep youngsters from accessing M servers.

10. How long do we have to wait for the developers to fix the name badge glitch? This is long overdue.

11. Offer deathmatch mode. Who doesn't like this as an occasional diversion? Realism buffs scoff at deathmatch, but are they also complaining about flying simple-flyig choppers, without gages?

12. * Capture commander. If you find the commander and "kill" him, he should be effectively captured for five minutes, unable to operate as commander. The one who captures him should receive a huge bonus, and the team who lost the commander should be thrown into disarray (weapons can’t zoom, map icons grayed out, no running or jumping, etc.). And, the ability to spot the commander should be added to the game.

13. * Autobalancing should only affect lone wolves. Squad players should be switched last.

14. Better audio for vehicle collisions. Ever drive a personal watercraft onto a beach? The game's audio file for that is nowhere near reality.

15. * In addition to ziplines and grappling hooks, certain units should have a "repelling" ability. Steep hills that don't work for ziplines or parachutes, such as below Church in Devil's Perch, should not stop a Special Forces soldier.

16. Disable the jump function unless there's an object nearby that can be jumped over. I’ve never heard a war story where the enemy jumped around like kangaroos during a close firefight.
SHNOOBS44
+0|6727|Wisconsin
I agree with alot of your post, i like the trade option and the E M severs great idea, and repel line woot AND as for the jumping... just have it where the person cant shoot the gun while jumping because i have jumped around to get out of harms way
Tagmaestro
+6|6694|New Jersey
1. I agree that spotting targets should give you some points. But, this could generate nothing but radio spam. I don't like radio spam.

2. The CPs are outposts, not bases.

3. The simple red skull is the next thing to realism in this game, aka no warnings at all. You should know to stay away from red skulls.

4. A penalty box? That's just ridiculous. Punishing people for not dropping support bags? Do you hate support classes?

5. The last thing I want is Everquest in my BF2. This will open up an area we don't want to go into.

6. The greatest incentives are ego and personal preferences.

7. I agree with a buddy list and a join buddy's game feature.

8. No.

9. M249 will not make someone tear apart in blood and gore. The violence level is fine as is.

10. Agreed.

11. Isn't this game team deathmatch with CTF elements? If you don't want to capture points, don't. Just kill people.

12. Why shouldn't I be able to use my iron sights if my commander is killed? Are we that in tune with the Force?

13. This is already happening.

14. I think you may be the only person that really cares about this.

15. You can drop your grappling hook and use that to climb down.

16. Just wait until the next patch. Firing while jumping is being removed.
Lawk
+2|6763
1.  Thats cool.  I usually pick people up when they ask and I always spot targets.  Give me more points.

2.  Nope.  Would lessen the need for support and medic players, besides it would make is too easy.  While defending a flag you are automatically healed? No. That would suck.

3.  Its fine the way it is.  If it has a red skull/bones, stay the fuck away.

4.  Nope. This is fucking stupid.  If I dont want to give you a ride or medpacks or whatever, I wont.  Shut your mouth and find another "battle buddy".  I do whatever I want and you'd be lucky if I gave a shit about you.

5.  Again, fucking stupid.  I want developers to spend their time on expansions and not how many web-bucks a fucking vile of elixir costs.  More maps, more weapons please.  This is not a MMORPG.

6.  Yeah, like when you get the Expert Knife Badge you should recieve full invicibility.  No, the award system is fine.

7.  I agree.  I dont like the current interface and it needs some work.

8.  Sure, they had them in DCExtented mod for 1942.  It was a great time.

9.  Nope.  Some peoples machines are already laggy from meeting the minimum requirments to run the game.  This would be a waste of processor usage.  Very bad idea.

10.  Yes, this is a huge problem.  Although I haven't seen the glitch in a while.   When I do its atleast 10% of the players.

11.  I would never play it and I would not  care if there were a DM mode.

12.  I agree only with spotting the commander, everything else is stupid.

13.  I agree

14.  Reality?  Oh, what the shit.  Give him his collision sounds.

15.  Cool.

16.  The game wouldnt be able to handle this.  Although I think its a good idea, coding the environment to turn jumping on/off on a map would open up a whole new world of bugs and glitches.
LockerFish
+47|6695
I think this game is pretty sweet as it is. bunny hopping, GL whoring, UCB camping, Tking fuckers included. that guy up there needs to go play rainbow 6 for it's realism and dont' mention everquest because the front of the everquest box has a fucking lady tiger thing. totally different, get out of my house.
Lordnazgul
+0|6691|holland
6:best way to implement this is that you earn points for getting awards,making getting badges actaully help promote you
BurlySmurf
+1|6744|Nellis AFB
Are you kidding me with 12? The only way the M16 was meant to be fire was from the shoulder.
darksun20
+0|6685|Las Vegas
Why would you want to turn this game into WoW or EQ, those games are for people who like those games. If you want to trade and buy and sell stuff go play WoW and EQ. And about the -10 pts for not picking up someone, stupid. That whole post was retarded.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6767|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Just about all of these suggestions suck. Imaging the incredible negative scores if any of this was implemented. I can even imaging players requesting a ride and refusing to get in just to force the driver to lose points.

Basically you want to discourage people from the following behaviours: Driving Vehicles, Using Support or Medic Classes, and Being Commander. You say that this is to encourage 'teamwork', but after a few rounds of this browbeating of punishment under your system, all of these things will be avoided by all the good players.

You want 'deathmatches', go back to Unreal Tournament or Quake. Just because you are pissed about people not bowing to your will doesn't mean we should radically change the game for a n00b like you. (not newbie, but n00b)
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6723|In a van down by the river

DR-BLAZ wrote:

4. Automatic, severe punishment (such as a loss of 10 points), for driving a vehicle away from someone requesting a pickup (unless the vehicle is full or enemy artillery is coming in). A better punishment would be to have an area called “the stocks” at the center of every map. Various wrong-doers can be held in old-fashioned stocks, with their name badges above their heads for all to see. Punishment times would vary based on the crime (see: hockey).

The punishment concept should be expanded across the board. At present, the only punishment in BF2 is for teamkilling. There should be negative consequences for many more things, like not dropping ammo or med kits. If you are playing support or medic, you should be penalized for dying while holding droppable supply bags.

5. BF2 world should find its way into the real world. Weapons, unlocks, characters, etc., should be available for export. These items should be tradable and sellable online – we should be learning from Everquest and similar games. Money and a mercenary element might be helpful in BF2. What modern combat zone in the real world lacks mercenaries?

9. * More gore. When I open up on someone at point blank range with an M249, they should literally fly apart in a shower of blood.

Have "M" rated servers and "E" rated servers, for Mature and Everyone. A parental lock option would keep youngsters from accessing M servers.
To number 4:  How can you distinguish between driving away to be an ass, and driving away to avoid artillery?  Sorry, it wouldn't work.

To number 5: This is Battlefield 2... not an RPG like World of Warcraft.  If you wanna sell and trade weapons, stick to RPG's.  That's part of the reason I don't play RPG's that much.

To number 9: Who needs gore?  Its realistic enough by just being combat situations.  There doesn't have to be body parts flying all over the place to make it good.
LG-MindBullets
+10|6710|Kirkland, WA

DR-BLAZ wrote:

DR-BLAZ’s suggestions to improve BF2 and BF2:SF

12/26/2005

* I swiped this idea from someone else.

1. Award 1/4 point for spotting a target. Generally, awards should be increased across the board. For instance, if someone asks for a ride, and you stop a vehicle to pick him up, you get a full point.
If this was implemented it would be far too easy to rack up points simply by spotting anything in view and it would clog the radio. I think a better solution would be to have a player get an assist point of some sort if they spot something and it is then killed by an ally. A spotting/targeting assist point perhaps?

DR-BLAZ wrote:

2. Friendly flags should have unlimited ammo and health. Any base on a real battlefield will have supplies; why not in the game? Dropping supply crates is for further out in the field.
This would make it too difficult for an attacking force to reclaim a flag and it detracts from the teamwork required by working in squads. I don't think we should create another incentive for players to avoid squadding up.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

3. * Mines, C4s, and claymores should use differentiating labels. A simple red skull to adorn all of these hazards is a poor scheme.
Personally, I think the red skull is enough of an indication for avoiding friend explosives. The only explosive that unfairly tends to TK is claymores since they are automatically detonated at distances if you are not aware of their exact positions.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

There are certain situations where you are forced to flee an area other than artillary. I think losing 10 points for not picking someone up is way too harsh. I don't think a time penalty in stocks is a decent solution for addressing the issue of team killing and other acts of stupidity, although it would be entertaining. I aslo think you are being way too harsh on the support classes. Usually medics and support players are more than willing to hand over supplies and meds if you request them. If they don't it's usually because they are focussing on an enemy target or have another valid reason for not spamming the ground with med and ammo packs.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

I don't think BF2 shouold be converted into an MMORPG. I think in-game asset acquisitions may be an interesting idea to explore, but I don't think that an online trading market needs to be established for the game.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

6. Create more incentives to acquire badges and increase rank. I honestly can't think of a better way (unlocks and preference for commander), but somebody must have an idea.
I think this is one area that could definetely be addressed. Perhaps badges, ribbons, and medals could grant players priority when accessing certain BF2 features such as vehicles. For example, someone who has the basica helicopter badge and ribbon would have precedence over someone who didn't when attempting to use the helicopter in game. Unfortunately though, this could also create problems where people are never able to get access to certain in-game assets because they are always out-ranked by someone who has played the game more than they have.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

7. Better multiplayer lobby. The in-game lobby is awful. The Desert Combat mod running on BF1942 proved that a good in-game lobby system can be done. A buddy list is a requirement.

Is EA/Dice too cheap, or is it a talent issue? Or, do 3rd-party lobbies have a deal with EA, where the in-game lobby is deliberately made poor to drive people to other applications?
Yeah, this should eventually be addressed, but it's not top priority on my list.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

8. * Throwable knives.
I've been suggesting this idea for quite a while. I think they should have a limited range, take a while to prepare for the throw, and you would have to recollect your knife after throwing. So if you missed and weren't able to recollect your knife then you'd be SOL. Still though, I think it would add another element of stealth strategy to the game.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

Meh... I don't necessarilly think adding more gore to the game would make it any more fun. There's always a niche of blood and gore fanatics among the FPS genre, but BF2 shouldn't have to reflect Doom, Unreal, or Quake.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

10. How long do we have to wait for the developers to fix the name badge glitch? This is long overdue.
I'm assuming you're talking about the inability to change your player name. This is certainly one of the most annoying problems in BF2. I would definetely like the ability to change my player profile name. Adding a tag isn't enough.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

11. Offer deathmatch mode. Who doesn't like this as an occasional diversion? Realism buffs scoff at deathmatch, but are they also complaining about flying simple-flyig choppers, without gages?
Yeah, the occasional deathmatch can be fun, but I would much rather prefer to see a return of capture the flag to the game.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

12. * Capture commander. If you find the commander and "kill" him, he should be effectively captured for five minutes, unable to operate as commander. The one who captures him should receive a huge bonus, and the team who lost the commander should be thrown into disarray (weapons can’t zoom, map icons grayed out, no running or jumping, etc.). And, the ability to spot the commander should be added to the game.
I like the idea of being able to capture the commander, but I disagree with the adverse effects on the other players such as preventing weapon zooming and restricting running and jumping. Those consequences just don't make sense and would greatly upset the game balance. 

I would like to see some sort of bonus points for the person that is able to capture or kill the commander though. Currently, game code doesn't actually allow for the captureing of other players, but I think it would be interesting if you could actually drug the enemy commander, bind him, and then drag/drive him away. The commander would then be out of commision until his team could find him and release him from his captors. This would definetely add an incentive to protecting your commander and seeking out the enemies commander.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

13. * Autobalancing should only affect lone wolves. Squad players should be switched last.
This seems reasonable unless there are no lone wolves available.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

14. Better audio for vehicle collisions. Ever drive a personal watercraft onto a beach? The game's audio file for that is nowhere near reality.
This would be a nice subtle improvement, but not significant enough IMHO to dedicate time to it.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

15. * In addition to ziplines and grappling hooks, certain units should have a "repelling" ability. Steep hills that don't work for ziplines or parachutes, such as below Church in Devil's Perch, should not stop a Special Forces soldier.
It might be interesting to allow different kits to have varied climbing abilities.

DR-BLAZ wrote:

16. Disable the jump function unless there's an object nearby that can be jumped over. I’ve never heard a war story where the enemy jumped around like kangaroos during a close firefight.
I disagree with this. There are certain situations in battle when you need to jump other than to clear an obstacle. I think that you should have your accuracy reduced by 90% if you're shooting and jumping, but I still think jumping should be permitted. When I play paintball I've found several situations where I needed to jump to avoid fire or to make myself a moving target when crossing an open area. This of course is only employed if the enemy knows my position, otherwise it makes more sense to refrain from jumping so you don't make yourself a more noticeable target. And by jumping, I'm actually referring to quickly side stepping and leaping. Jumping vertically with no horizontal motion has too many negative consequences in real battle situaitons. The problem in BF2 is that jumping takes very little energy, whereas in real life you expend quite an amount of energy to jump compared to allocating the same amount of energy to running.
DR-BLAZ
+0|6686
Thanks for all the great replies. I was glad to learn that firing will be disabled while jumping in the next patch. I really do think claymores should have a seperate label from mines and C4. There's no need for a foot soldier to stay away from a mine or C4, but claymores are a different story.

5. Money and exporting to the real world. Absolutely, everyone -- no need to turn this into an MMORPG. If, however, the winning Commander received in-game money (a budget), that followed him around via his game stats, he could spend that on extra goodies the next time he was Commander. Examples would be hiring a mercenary force, buying extra tanks and choppers. You get the idea.

If we had a system like this, there's no reason these credits couldn't be sold and traded on eBay.

12. Capture Commander. The punishments are lame, as you all pointed out. Perhaps losing Commander functions is penalty enough for a team.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6717|Germany

DR-BLAZ wrote:

As it was said before, it would be too easy to get points...
I think that would be a fantastic possibility for stat padders. Jump in, jump out, jump in and so on... maybe 30 points a minute.

I would like to get points for having passengers in my vehicle, maybe 1 point for a teammate that is in my vehicle for 150 seconds. And more points for more passengers. A full BlackHawk would give you a point every 30 seconds
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6744
2. is not the best idea...
Think about an Anti-Tank, Enginner, Spec op and Sniper, with unlimited ammo of rockets, C4, Claymore, AT mine.... that cp would be uncapturable....

1. People rarley spot enemies, so I encourage this idea, but not in it's actual form. The targetting/spotting assist point would be good.

3. Well, AT and C4 are okay to have the same label.Only the claymore should have a different one,  because it has a large radius of activation, and you dont always know how to get pass it, coz you dont know which way it is facing...

4. It  would not encourage teamwork at all.Just think about the tk-ers. They would ask for a ride and then go away to have your points decreased, so they can be the first on the server to get gold medals etc.
It would be hard to judge, that if there are 4 vehicles around you, which one you sent the request to...
The "jail" is not a good idea too.I already get my minus 4 points for ACCIDENTAL tks, I dont want to be locked up for 5 minutes for someone else's stupidity...
Hmmm. Than all that support or medic could do is dropping first aid and ammo, but could do nothing else, coz then they would be penalized.And again think about the bad people: I request ammo, the guy drops an ammo box, but I wont pick it up...

5. I dont know everquest, I dont know how does that work...

6. Award system is just fine.

7. I'm satisfied with it's current status...

8. Wont really be practic....?There would be many knife whores...Anyway what is your pistol for?

9.The game don't need blood, guts and torsos flying all over.Because of this everyone can play wherever they want. About the E and M labels: what keeps a child back to address fake birth date just to see some gore?

10 Agreed. There has to be a way to change account names without any exploit...

11. DM wont work in BF2. Absolutely different style. It would be like DM in SWAT4, or DM in Ghost Recon...
This game is about killin AND tactics. In DM you dont need tactics.

12.No one would give a damn about the commander.I played many times, when the team didnt have commander, they did not care...And when the commander is captured, what could he do?Besides scratching his ass? Like I said in #4, I have payed for this game and I would like to play with it. Five minutes can be eternity in the battlefield...

13 That's how it is now.

14. Audio is just okay. I would not really care even if the m16 would have a different sound in reality.Anyway many people are content with the sounds (m95, PKM), so I dont think it needs a change.

15. I dont have special forces...

16.This is stupid. Jumping has other issues than just jumping over objects...How about avoiding grenades, rockets.Or what if you have to jump to take the enemy tank out at the other side of the fence...
If you want to avoid bunnyhoppers, than you should have an other idea.For example: punkbuster would kick (kick, not ban) those people who jump more than 3 times in a row under 2 seconds...or something like this.
Lawk
+2|6763
DR-BLAZ...you got knocked the fuck out!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6746|Argentina
I think the improvements stink particulary the one about the capture of the commander, so if Im in agree with the enemy I let em take me so they can win more easily.  Cmon, the game is not that bad anyway.

Last edited by sergeriver (2005-12-28 15:31:53)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6763|Noizyland

1. No! how many more bloody commanders do we need spouting "Enemy this spotted" over and over again when the spottd enemys a jhreat. Sure we know enemies are going to be at the main enemy uncapturable point, and we DON'T CARE. There's enough junk on the airwaves as it is.

2. This would lead to such things as grenade spamming, which is why the old ammo and health boxes wern't included in BF2 as they were in BF1942. Also, it would take away a key purpose for the commander.

3. This one I wholeheartedly agree on, and I think they are including it in the new patch.

4. This one is a joke right? tehre are som many things wrong with this it has to be. First of all, not always do you notice that someone wants a pickup. Sometimes you can't pick them up. hell if someone's going Jihad-jeeping, I don't want them to pick me up!

Punishing for dying well holding supply bags? Now hold on a minute. you don't heal and resupply people by just throwing shit at them, holding out a bag to an injured player heals them too, and is more useful when you have only a slightly injured player. Wrong wrong wrong I'm afraid.

5. Heh, cool idea. maybe something for a BF:Vietnam style sequal, having a first person shooter RPG. Funky. not for BF2 though.

6. Ther are insentives to gain ranks and awards. you get a sweet little graphic that you can rub in your lesser friends' collective faces.

7. I don't really know what you're on about here.

8. Look, maybe for Spec. Ops or something only, and throwable knives would not count towards the knife combat badges. Also, they would have to do less damage then one hit kills, because then it would be kind of like n00b-t00bing, where you come around the corner and someone with a one-hit-kill weapon hits you almost point blank. not cool.

9. I always fondly remember firing bazookas at guys in BF1942 and being very disapointed when they just fell to their knees and died. Still, i think it's good without gore. Maybe if you hit a guy with a rocket or grenade launcher or something buig, he disapears in the explosion, but i'm not interested in Unreal Tournament style gore, (which freaked me out considerably the first time I played the UT series.)

10. Agreed. Tthrough enemy ignorance once I had time to check what team this one guy was on. His name was red but he had the same skin as me, so I searched for his name, found him to be an enemy, and shot him, getting a team damage, but also a legitimate kill. Then again, he might have been cheating, but I doubt it.

11. Meh, maybe, but it would take away from the militaristic value of the game. Then again, it is just a game.

12. This seems like just another useless complication. it goes in the same round filing cabinet on the floor as limping when hit by bullets, or breaking legs when falling from a great height.

13. Yeah, that'd be good, I've been a Commander and been teamswitched even.

14. The sound isn't bad though, though I can't say I have driven a watercraft on to a beach, save my kayak maybe...

15. That's a cool idea.

16. Nah, dumb idea. What if you jump to avoid an AT rocket coming towards you. if I was in a real war and that happned I sure would. Just take the good with the bad and laugh at the bunny-hoppers who look like idiots before you shoot them.

- There; a thorough comeback to all the ideas suggested, unfortunatly, most of them wern't all that good. Who suggested them again?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6750|Internet!

Tyferra wrote:

Punishing for dying well holding supply bags? Now hold on a minute. you don't heal and resupply people by just throwing shit at them, holding out a bag to an injured player heals them too, and is more useful when you have only a slightly injured player. Wrong wrong wrong I'm afraid.
I cannot agree more. *applauds* *gives sticker*

Particularly for squad leaders. I should be focused on myself first, because keeping me alive is good for my team (as a squad leader, atleast). And sitting still to wait for my guy to pick up a medic bag is suicidal.

Last edited by Kanil (2005-12-28 16:18:49)

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6717|Honolulu, HI
1. An interesting concept, but I do agree that when the commander decides to spam the radio with 50 "Enemy infantry spotted" warnings--all of them referring to foot soldiers in an uncappable home spawn, it's annoying as fuck.  Maybe the Cmdr. doesn't get "spotting" teamwork points?  Or as mentioned earlier, only get points if the spotted enemy is killed within a certain amount of time?  (Or just a -10 for saying "Enemy boat spotted" on Karkand )

2. I disagree; MAYBE at uncappables as a way of balancing out spawn-killing, but the cappable flags aren't really "bases" so much as temporary fortifications or outposts.  Besides this would un-balance the game (sort of like reintroducing the health/ammo cabinets from BF42 as someone else mentioned).  Can you say nade spamming?

3. It's a valid point that differentiating between the different types of explosives detracts from the realism of BF2.  But I agree that I'm tired of playing a "guessing game" when I get near red skulls.  Are they harmless mines, relatively harmless C4 or deadly claymores?  I mean I never punish if I do end up getting killed for my own stupidity but it'd be nice to know what I'm getting next to.

4. Err...what??  Too hard to differentiate between driving away for legitimate reasons and doing it to be a selfish jackass...among other reasons.  This wouldn't work.  And please tell me you were doing LSD when you proposed that Medics and Support soldiers be penalized for having supply bags when they die.

5. Ehh, no thanks.  Might be interesting to see how much people would be willing to pay for Blazin.uk's profile on eBay though, lol.

6. Meh.  If you wanna get a higher rank, go ahead.  If not, so be it.

7.  Agreed, it sucks.  Mine's buggy as hell, when I apply filters/type stuff into the filters at the top of the server list, even after I delete, refresh, and update my list it still thinks I have some filters turned on...argh.

8. Cool (and done in BF42 Secret Weapons).  But for which kits?  Maybe the ones who get silenced pistols (Sniper/Spec Ops) because it fits the "covert" theme?  How much damage would they do, what would the range be?  Any way you implement them people will probably bitch...personally I see it as intriguing but requiring too much playtesting to be practical.

9. No thanks.  Not that I have anything against blood and gore, just that it'd be weird to display correctly.  Like if a guy picks up a medic bag, gets revived, etc.  Do his bullet wounds and blood miraculously vanish or do they remain (confusing the shit out of everyone in the process)?

10. Roger that.  People punish me for TKing because of the bug, I explain they have the "red name bug" but they claim I'm a "fuking n00b" for not being able to tell the difference by looking at the uniform...but sometimes the guy's so far away you can't tell!

11. Err, no thanks.  Go play UT or CS: Source or something else if you really like straight-up deathmatch.

12. Yeah...the commander should be subject to greater reward for killing, or something.  As it is too many commanders jump right into the fray as though they were Assaults...though your punishments seem way too severe (not to mention nonsensical) to be integrated.

13.  Yes.  Definitely.

14.  An unnecessary tweak.  I'd say the majority of gamers play on moderate-quality sound cards where precision sound effects are indistinguishable from mediocre ones.  New voice clips would be noticed by more people and probably better appreciated.

15. Yeah, I see your point.  Sucks when you're parachuting down aside a cliff, you brush against the side, your parachute closes and you die.

16. This should be fixed somewhat by the new patch.  Or rather, it won't stop ALL jumping, just jumping while shooting and vice versa.

Last edited by [QXJZ]Capt_Kefra (2005-12-29 06:42:03)

Trobow
+1|6705|Kettering, Ohio
Are you crazy?  These ideas suck.  I have never posted a negative post but I can't handle this.  Punishment for driving away?  The playability of an MMORPG?  ARE YOU CRAZY?  Besides minor bugs BF2 is great.  BH and DD arent realistic, but then again it is a game, isn't it?
Ivan DOlvich
+0|6679
1. I dont think thats a good idea, as much i'd accept spotting dangerous vehicles: tanks, apcs, planes and helicopters, and 1/4 of point should be awarded to the 1st to spot it... next radio spots should be silenced if the vehicle is still located on the map.

2. What are medics and machine gunners for, then? no way to this

3. Well, if you see the skull checking what is it is not so hard, only mines an C4 can be a bit confusing...

4. Is this some joke? why should a support or a doc be punished for doing their job?

5. No. In BF2 you arent a mercenary, you are a soldier part of an army corps. That means army supplies you with weapons, ammo and equipment. What kind of army would require soldiers to pay the ammo they spend?

6. I'd say new ribbons, new badges, easier medals... a good one would be some side badges, for example: "accurate sniper badge", with X hours played as sniper, Y% of global accuracy (not very high, lets say 35-40-45% for each level) and a moderately high accuracy (lets say 60-65-75%) IAR, or a grenadier badge... some new stuff for those that got everything already and for those that are in a far way to get some new award...

7. Yah, i agree. Also, a better favourite servers system that dont add servers you didnt actually add would be cool. I've added about 4-5 favourites, but i have quite many more... and thats just annoying since deleting them is a pain!

8. Really funny No

9. I also think its ok like now... instead i'd prefer some wound effects like shaky hands and slower walking, health loss due to wounds (like in 21cwf mod)....

10. Agree.

11. Nah... whats so funny on deathmatch? dm fans have tons of quake style games already.

12. Disagree: real commanders arent on the field for enemy to easily capture them, plus... if your team has no commander or he's not doing his job properly you already have huge disadvantages if you play against a good commander.

13. If its done already.. cool, if not... thats a must do!

14. About audio i have few complains.. maybe some weapons that sound a bit weird.

15. I dont have SF, so  no oppinion

16. I heard many war stories about soldiers loosing their asses running and jumping into trenches and foxholes, why shouldnt i be able to jump?
Anyway.. it should be better made, something like in "vietcong" game: if you jump more than 3 times you get fatigued and cant jump in a while. That would be easy to achieve: just make jumping to burn stamina, like 40-50% and you cant jump if you dont have enough stamina as you cant run if you are out of it.
spuddy1981
+10|6351|england
What about points difference for who you kill.  0 for a noob more for ranks.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6334|Twyford, UK
1. Possibly assist points, not points for spot-spamming. Enemy boat spotted, over and over and over.

2. Just no. What ELSE are Support and Medic for?

3. Maybe a larger, more attention-grabbing logo?

4. No. Maybe a reward for picking them UP. Also, no. Rewards FOR dropping > punishment for being artied while recharging your packs. 'Medic!' "Sorry chief, fresh out, dumped them at the spawn to avoid a -10."

5. Just no.

6. Why? It happens naturally.

7. I kinda like it.

8. You HAVE a pistol. Use that. Or sprint. Although I WOULD like to be able to drop one from a roof. 'Heads up!' *splutch*

9. Oh GOD no. Artillery strikes would spray the surroundings with red. I do not want to knife someone only to have them fall over spurting. The lag, think of the lag!
Knockback, yes.

10. I think they fixed it.

11. Can easily be done with a few rules.

12. Bonus points for killing him, yes, enough for spec ops nubs to hunt him down while asset-fragging. Nerfing the team? No.

13. Ayup.

14. I DO want a nice meaty-sounding 'crunch'. And maybe a 'splurch' for squashing someone with a tank, and a nice 'whunk' when I roadkill someone in a Hummer.

15. Run. Jump. Chute. Instant rapell.

16. No. I like seeing over things, and taking running leaps off buildings.
ExquisiteDeth86
is still a BF2 Gunnery Sgt.
+16|6649|H3ITWP
eh
most ideas have good intentions,but arent doable and if implemented would probably cause alot of people to leave.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6400|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Super-bump it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard