Lai
+186|6151

twoblacklines wrote:

Thats great, but id have headshotted you 350m away on the edge of the fog before you even saw me.

Machine guns are useless, only work on single fire anyway otherwise bf2 doesnt seem to count the extra hits.
MG's aren't useless, people just tend to use them in a useless fashion. With good squadplay and fired in controlled burst MG's are a valuable asset.

TFSlott wrote:

I love the PKM - I play alot Support at the moment and I think the PKM is awesome. It's not good at long distances, but at close range I kill everything with this sucker. I love to sneak into position next going prone behind that corner everyone is running along. One short burst with 3-4 shots kills everyone and at close range u can't miss when prone. Just remember to switch position, not using the same corner over and over. At medium range u tend to hit shit with the PKM unless your targets are lying still - like snipers. Yes - I take out alot of snipers with my PKM at medium range. At long range they spot me before I kill them and most of the time I get a bullet in my face. So normally I try to close in at any sniper spotted. And it's fun to take out snipers at medium range with the PKM. I don't think the other Light machine guns do enough damage to take out snipers at medium range - or? Either they ran or u get shot yourself before killing them.

And learn to use that G36E !!! It's the best damn weapon in the game. High damage, high rate of fire and very little deviation at close range. Those 3-4 shot bursts kills everything at close range. This weapon should have been in the hands of the assault class, 'cause it's truly an awesome assault weapon. Even at medium range it's good - just remember to single shoot at medium range. If u tend to love medium/long range I would stick with my L85A1.
1. If you have to switch to semi at medium range to be accurate with the G36E, you should probably learn to use it yourself some more.

2. The PKM is at it's best at long ranges and I'm pretty sure that's what it was intended for. On medium range it depends on the situation; if I'll be facing a lot of enemies packed together, I rather go with a stock LMG with a higher ROF. If you pick the PKM primarily for short range combat you're probably a dolphin diving spray gay. No LMG is designed, not even in BF2, for short ranges.

In summary, I figure you're a n00b.
duffzk47
+3|5937|North Yorkshire
I have a lot of fun gunning down snipers with the pkm. much better at long range with a  short burst only. Heavy MG's are designed to supress an enemy position prior to an assualt going in, not for the actual assualt. too heavy and cumbersome.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6466
Bah - use what you want - thats what they are there for - G36E or whatever.  If people moan or whine - tell them to poke it - and then teabag them.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

RDMC wrote:

Stock weapons ftw! But yeah, it is basically that most people play in clans and so mostly use stock weapons and therefore hate people who use unlocks.
cause the newbies at unranked servers didn't know how to turn on the unlocks on thier clan servers, so they were forced to play with stock weapons and got used to it, making them believe it's more skilled ;P

then the rest of the idiots that don't even play on unranked servers started using stock cause they wanted to be leet too, haha

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-06-17 06:47:43)

hintakaari
+113|5939
Use what u want , BUT never use G36E!!!!!!!!! that weapon is like straight from the hell!

Why u use it?? i know! "Because its the best weapon!"   EXACTLY! thats the reason u shouldnt use it!  even monkey can kill with it!!

Imagine if there was an automatic NUKELAUNCHER! i bet 90% of u idiots would use it and ruin the whole game..

i stick with my sniper.

peace
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6405|Earth
I actually find that the stock snipers are the best. I only wish that there was a semi-auto sniper unlock. I would never use anything else. And I find that the L85A1 is better than the G36e in most cases.
Signature
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6584|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I have a mixed bag.  My list for fav equipment is as follows:

F2000 for assault.               = short burst and good at any range for me.
AK101 for medic.                = this gun always hits the target unlike the L85 PoS.  The G36E...meh, its okay.
DAO-12 for anti-tank.         = long reload, but it knocks the shit out of anything in 1 hit.
SCAR-L for SpecOps.         = I love using the sights with this gun.  It's sleek and easy on the eyes.
L96A1 for Sniper.              = Awesome sniper rifle.  Obviously not CQB like the SVD.
MG36 for Support.             = I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the PKM...and PKMs are for bunnyhoppers/dolphin divers.
M11-87 for Engineer.          = Nothing like the satisfaction of 1 shot 1 kill in the face with the pump shotty.

Last edited by Daggoth-UR-XXX (2008-06-17 18:24:43)

Lai
+186|6151

hintakaari wrote:

Imagine if there was an automatic NUKELAUNCHER! i bet 90% of u idiots would use it and ruin the whole game..
You mean like the panzern00bs in ET?

pyscofrawg wrote:

I actually find that the stock snipers are the best. I only wish that there was a semi-auto sniper unlock. I would never use anything else. And I find that the L85A1 is better than the G36e in most cases.
They originally intended to have the M85 as an unlock but replaced it with the M95, I guess it was too good. However considering the L96A1 is too good now as well and the M95 is only worth getting for the Spetznaz/Rebel/Insurgents/MECSF who would otherwise not have a bolt action rifle, they might as well kept the M85. I actually use the M95 quite often, but that's more of a personal preference. If they had to introduce a semi auto sniper rifle or DMR now, I'd especially like a scoped L1A1 SLR, or otherwise a M21.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6405|Earth

Lai wrote:

or otherwise a M21.
Win.
Signature
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6287|eng
The only unlocks I use are the L96A1, M95 and G3A3.
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard