SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6665|The darkside of Denver
Yeah, I would love to see the BF series grow up, I want full dismemberment and a fully realized gore system... no more of this "PC" safe for teh kids to play crap... the main demographic for online pc gamers has got to be around 18-24, we are old enough for a little gore...I mean this is America FFS, just no sex and were good.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6835|Denver colorado
Gibs and all that jazz is dumb.

It'd just slow everything down.

I think that itt'd be okay if they implemented a cs:s style blood system. Other than that is unneeded.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6441

The_Mac wrote:

DICE Canada was making the patches, while DICE Sweden made the game; two different studios were doing different jobs on the same game. DICE moved completely to Sweden, which helped get everything back in gear--you don't hear of these types of problems in BF2142 do you?

Well, DICE Sweden is unified, so it's hard to say what's going to happen, as long as it's brilliant, and lets me blow shit up...especially with customizable weapons and destructible environments.
DICE Sweden ended up taking a leaf out of DICE Canada's book with BF2142. Rushed game, rushed patches and complete disregard for promises. I remember them saying that they would focus on bugs before new content. How long did that last? In their own open beta they didn't listen to half of the bugs that were listed. The titan alone still has more bugs than BF2 has ever had, and that truly is saying something.
Longbow
+163|6652|Odessa, Ukraine

Fat_Swinub wrote:

DICE Sweden ended up taking a leaf out of DICE Canada's book with BF2142. Rushed game, rushed patches and complete disregard for promises. I remember them saying that they would focus on bugs before new content. How long did that last? In their own open beta they didn't listen to half of the bugs that were listed. The titan alone still has more bugs than BF2 has ever had, and that truly is saying something.
Even though, BF2142 technically is better then BF2.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Longbow wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Even though, BF2142 technically is better then BF2.
At least the HITREG works in BF2142.... it's much less random compared to BF2
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6441

FloppY_ wrote:

Ever used the knife?
DanyBoy
+6|5994|Western AU
whats bf bad company?
FloppY_
­

Fat_Swinub wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Ever used the knife?
Oh yeah,, well everything else works
The_Mac
+96|6231

DanyBoy wrote:

whats bf bad company?
www.google.com
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
I REALLY hope they include Naval battle.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6665|The darkside of Denver
that would be dope. Cruise missile subs and shit!
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6132|So Cal

FloppY_ wrote:

pj666 wrote:

The fact BF2142 never did as well as BF2 or 1942 showed those games had it right.
2142 was for BF2 what Vietnam was for 1942.... an expansion with better graphics.....

TBH i had more FUN with BF2142 than i did with BF2
Apparently BF2 maps are more superb in graphics than in the 2142 maps. Not to mention larger too.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
MrCookie
good times
+31|6003|In a wheelchair.
someone wrote about destroyable buildings and stuff... Coool!
and naval battle!!! wicked!

Last edited by MrCookie (2007-12-14 13:32:05)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6719|Purplicious Wisconsin
If it is not for XP I am going to give a storm of outrage to ea and dice.

Edit: http://battlefield3.com/ hmmm

Last edited by War Man (2007-12-14 15:03:30)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
MrCookie
good times
+31|6003|In a wheelchair.
the website battlefield3.com aint really worth anything....
FloppY_
­

GraphicArtist J wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

pj666 wrote:

The fact BF2142 never did as well as BF2 or 1942 showed those games had it right.
2142 was for BF2 what Vietnam was for 1942.... an expansion with better graphics.....

TBH i had more FUN with BF2142 than i did with BF2
Apparently BF2 maps are more superb in graphics than in the 2142 maps. Not to mention larger too.
BF2 maps are more detailed, yes... but i still prefer the level design of 2142 if BF2142 had the same attention to detail as BF2 maps, it'd be a clear winner of the two
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5989|Perth, Australia
I thought the problem with destructible environments was that it required too much information and hammered the servers subsequently. I believe this is why the destructible environments were taken out of Crysis.

Or at least that was my impression anyway.

Rod
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6377|Netherlands tbh

Rod Foxx wrote:

I thought the problem with destructible environments was that it required too much information and hammered the servers subsequently. I believe this is why the destructible environments were taken out of Crysis.

Or at least that was my impression anyway.

Rod
Well in Crysis a lot is destructable, just not concrete walls and such. But you can tear apart houses and trees, which is visually fantastic. Online in Crysis dx10 it's possible too.
Im sure with good netcode it can be done in BF3 though (after all in Project Reality stuff is destructable too, not everything tho)
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6445|Brisbane, Australia

xGj wrote:

good netcode
aaah, now that was always a trademark of the BF series

Red Faction 2 anyone? It had fully destructable environments, like 7 years ago - you could literally dig yourself a tunnel through the rock...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
The_Mac
+96|6231
It'd be nice if they made a Red Faction 3 game. I do believe it is in the works. THQ brought it back to life, but that's not the best indicator. I vaguely remember reading it on IGN almost a year ago.
FloppY_
­

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

xGj wrote:

good netcode
aaah, now that was always a trademark of the BF series

Red Faction 2 anyone? It had fully destructable environments, like 7 years ago - you could literally dig yourself a tunnel through the rock...
I love red faction :b it was pretty damn nice that you could dig into buildings and mountains ^_^
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
BF2 and 2142 were made with the same engine.... they added some effects in 2142( the ads which were a failure)...the rain/snow and some fake bloom...  the map sizes are the same... 512x2 or 1024x2...   

BF3 is using the new frostbite engine and it looks really cool from what i have seen... hopefully EA lets the devs make it right and not meet some premature deadline?
Love is the answer
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

I actually liked BF Vietnam. Back wheb you could play music in the vehicles hauling but through the jungle..lol.
http://www.rhapsody.com/playlistcentral … ly.8596682
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6267

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Yeah, I would love to see the BF series grow up, I want full dismemberment and a fully realized gore system... no more of this "PC" safe for teh kids to play crap... the main demographic for online pc gamers has got to be around 18-24, we are old enough for a little gore...I mean this is America FFS, just no sex and were good.
Yeah it needs blood. Every been next to a guy in COD4 and he gets sniped in the face that is awsome. I would rather wait till late 2008 - Late 2009 for a good solid game everyone is anticipating it but it's going to be really glitchy and bug filled. Just wait for them to make a really good game. Look how much people complained about 2142. I actually liked it but most people didn't, just let EA/DICE take thier time on this one.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6728|Oregon

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

hopefully EA lets the devs make it right and not meet some premature deadline?
funny you say that....

i saw this on Gamespot about 3 months ago, and they had a release date of Nov 2008 attached to it...gulp.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard