182|dunc
+4|6306|manchester UK
Been trying to get my time with the support kit up for the last few weeks and have noticed something strange.
I am unable to perform the prone-roll manouver with this kit (spotted i wasnt doing it while watching  battle recorder ),once i noticed this i have tried everything i can think of to try and make him prone-roll , but have failed.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
I have seen other support players perform the prone-roll so i know it must be possible.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6174|San Antonio, Texas
The prone roll is nothing special. It's merely an in-game animation other players see. But lately I've noticed no one has prone-rolled on me recently. New update? Then again, I haven't been to Karkand where the support roam in the masses in a while.

I think to prone roll, strafe left or right and prone as your strafing.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2007-12-05 08:07:27)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6407|the land of bourbon
come to think of it, i havent seen that lately either... maybe it's gone.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6174|San Antonio, Texas

steelie34 wrote:

come to think of it, i havent seen that lately either... maybe it's gone.
But where is the patch? Has EA implemented an auto-patcher without our knowing? Or is it that recent PB update? Didn't know PB updates could alter the game, though.
Bulletproof.inf
+2|6178
prone-roll is still there just dont think it is possible to do it with the support kit

Last edited by Bulletproof.inf (2007-12-05 08:24:05)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6668|can
Hem no, "prone-rolling" is still in the game.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6666|Your moms bedroom
perhaps because the support gun is a massive gun, and hes to busy trying to get his tripod out
Skorpy-chan
+127|6371|Twyford, UK
Don't bother, the support kit requires forethought instead of fast reflexes. Run up and go prone slightly before you would with the other classes, and use the iron sights instead of the crosshair, using short bursts so you don't spray everywhere. Hiding in bushes is also useful.

Prone-rolling may work well for the G36E or something else extremely accurate, but the LMGs frankly aren't accurate at all at close range. Further out, you can confuse someone to pin them down long enough to riddle them with bullets.
Frankly, the class is aptly named. You exist to support flag captures, firing from afar, spotting enemies, and spreading ammo like party favours when needed.
Also, AT and sniper kits are free points. They ALWAYS need more ammo.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6584|Hungary

TrashBlinD wrote:

Hem no, "prone-rolling" is still in the game.
And is preatty anoying
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6312|eng

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Prone-rolling may work well for the G36E or something else extremely accurate, but the LMGs frankly aren't accurate at all at close range. Further out, you can confuse someone to pin them down long enough to riddle them with bullets.
Frankly, the class is aptly named. You exist to support flag captures, firing from afar, spotting enemies, and spreading ammo like party favours when needed.
You obviously just suck as the Support kit then don't you? LMGs are the most lethal guns at close range, especially the defaults. It's one of the easiest classes to play because the RPK and PKM are so accurate, powerful and have such a large clip.
#rekt
182|dunc
+4|6306|manchester UK
Thanks for all the comments so far .But i do allready know what prone-roll is,i do it all the time as it gives you a time advantage over the enemy (you are actually prone and firing while the enemy sees you rolling and generally aims incorrectely ).
The question is how do you do it with the support kit (i have seen it done) but i cannot replicate the move.
Benzin
+576|6025
PKM isn't a default gun?? You have to unlock it, buddy. You're thinking of the M249.

Personally, I hate the support kit. Should've given the support kit a mini-gun or something as an unlock. It gets the job done when you need to put a lot of ammo in one spot, but that's about it.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6371|Twyford, UK

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

You obviously just suck as the Support kit then don't you? LMGs are the most lethal guns at close range, especially the defaults. It's one of the easiest classes to play because the RPK and PKM are so accurate, powerful and have such a large clip.
Whenever I open up at close range on someone, I get shot in the head by an G36E or something. The PKM is just plain easier at longer ranges.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6376|Iowa...

CapnNismo wrote:

PKM isn't a default gun?? You have to unlock it, buddy. You're thinking of the M249.

Personally, I hate the support kit. Should've given the support kit a mini-gun or something as an unlock. It gets the job done when you need to put a lot of ammo in one spot, but that's about it.
the support class does not need a minigun.go play the AIX mod if you want that.

Last edited by aj0404 (2007-12-05 13:33:12)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6371|Twyford, UK
What the support class really needs is a .50 machinegun. That'll show those damn snipers what for.

I should make a list of what I want the kits to have as a third unlock. I definetly could do with a MANPADS as AT.
Fulcrum-UK
If it aint Broke, Break it
+10|6015|Tipton, UK

Skorpy-chan wrote:

What the support class really needs is a .50 machinegun. That'll show those damn snipers what for.

I should make a list of what I want the kits to have as a third unlock. I definetly could do with a MANPADS as AT.
the support class should get a mortar, now that would be awsome lol

Last edited by Fulcrum-UK (2007-12-06 10:05:28)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6371|Twyford, UK
That WOULD be handy. Just hide behind cover and blast people.
Fulcrum-UK
If it aint Broke, Break it
+10|6015|Tipton, UK
i think there would be whoring of the likes not seen before with mortars though lol. maybee they could restrict to 1 or 2 per team, hey skorpy-chan we should work for EA lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard