Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6441|Brisbane, Australia
I found this on a myspace bulletin from a friend, Discuss.

(Yes i'm Australian and yes....i use myspace...get over it) my views on this says its pretty much true not just for Australians.

Proud to be a white Australian .

Someone finally said it. But how many are actually paying attention to this?

There are Aboriginals, Torres Strait Islanders, Kiwi Australians,
Lebanese Australians, Asian Australians, Arab Australians and boat
people from all over the place.

And then there are just Australians. White Australians, ordinary
Australians, who love their country. Australians who don't really care
about the skin colour of others - until they find themselves on the
wrong end of abuse because they happen to be white Australians.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me
"Australian Dog", "White boy", "Cracker", "Honky", "Whitey", "Caveman".
And that's OK. But when I call you, Blackfella, Kike, Towelhead,
Sand-Nigger, Sheep Shagger, Camel Jockey, Gook or Chink, you call me a
racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the
Aboriginal suburbs such as Redfern and Muslim and Asian suburbs such as
Lakemba, Bankstown and Cabramatta the most dangerous places to live?

You have Invasion Day. You Have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

But if we had a 'White Pride' Day, you would call us racists.

You want us to study Aboriginal history and indoctrinate us to believe
that we are ruthless invaders. You want us to say sorry for something we
did not do. But, because we want to teach history as it happened, we are
racists.

If we had an organisation for only whites to "advance" OUR lives. we'd
be racists.

If we had a university fund that only gave white students scholarships,
we'd be racists.

There are many indigenous organisations that are only open to
Aboriginals. Are there any organisations that are restricted to whites
only? Of course not, because if there were, we would be called racists.

Australia has a flag that represents everybody. Aboriginals have a flag
that represents only them, but they don't think that's racist. However
if white Australians dared to have a flag that only represented white
Australians and white athletes who won an Olympic event ran around
draped in such a flag, they would be condemned as racists.

If you are not white, you can march for your race and rights. If we
marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not
afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us
racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a Muslim gang member or beats up a Lebanese drug dealer
running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a
racist.

I am proud. But you call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be
racists?

Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on...
agent146
+127|6391|Jesus Land aka Canada
seen this before. and i believed it was talked before; only this time is a aussie version. yes double standard on racism blah blah and more blanh
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

double standards/affirmative action sucks ...

EDIT: an so does the inability to spell standard

Last edited by max (2007-12-05 03:36:09)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6667|Groningen, The Netherlands
Maybe only whites have the brains to understand this...wait...that statement would be racist
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6153|'straya
yer i hate the double standards.... i was actually randomly attack by an aboriginal ( i was walking through a state school and i come from the most expensive private school in the region). he punched me in the face twice then pulled a knife... for no reason... and then when me and my 3 mates beat the living shit out of him we were called racists and the state school wanted us expelled.

we simply protected outselves. if my friends werent there i would have been stabbed. we did nothing and we got branded as racists.

our society sucks.

(we didnt get expelled, my mum is a teacher at the school and one of my friends is the Principals son)

this aboriginal hated us just because our school fees are more than his parents make in a year (that sounds racist, but i dont care, i have no love for that peice of shit)

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2007-12-05 03:46:31)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6415|'Murka

Well...good to see that it's not just like that in the US.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6535|The lunar module

Machine_Madness wrote:

that we are ruthless invaders.
You're trying to say that the Europeans were not ruthless invaders?

That's rich.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

apollo_fi wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

that we are ruthless invaders.
You're trying to say that the Europeans were not ruthless invaders?

That's rich.
I disagree on that point as well, but maybe I'm a bit rusty on my history there... I hate double standards as well, but I don't try to retaliate by creating my own. Some minorities are given privileges simply because they suffered, and it's not fair. Look at Palestine/Israel.

-konfusion
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648
yes, youre right, brown people are mud people.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

yes, youre right, brown people are mud people.
agree
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6669|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kiwi Australians?

No... They are just kiwis.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6724|Melbourne, Australia
im white .. im aussie.. im proud but what id really love right now is a nice hot black chick
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6395

I'm not really sure what to make of this...

To the friend, whatever, board, etc.

I'm Chinese, born in Australia.  We get on fine with our neighbours, get invited to parties, and could frankly care less about the whole race thing.  Everyone is Australian in the sense that everyone who has citizenship is thus a citizen of Australia, and to separate oneself in a group and as such create a new "breed" of Australian based on skin colour (as portrayed in the op) is racist.  You could go on about sexism, discrimination over sexual preferences, living standards, etc, but really, most of us don't care.  We're all imigrants after all.

To the op, the reason that Aboriginals have such options open to them was greatly contested by Pauline Hanson (remember her?  And don't say "Please explain"), who contested the welfare rights and housing loans given to Aboriginals, while she was completely ignorant of the fact that those loans and rights were introduced because previous committes and investigations held by white people deemed that the living standard of the Aboriginals were unacceptable and that they were unable to progress in their current situation.  Thus she was called racist.  Also, to say that white people don't have the same options as black people may not be racist, but it is certainly an ill-informed view.  Those measures were put in place because they needed it as a whole.  White people wouldn't be getting the same scholarships/etc as these Aboriginals because the Aboriginals would never have the chance anyway, whereas the whites are the ones getting the scholarships on a regular basis.

This is about opportunity and fairness, which you so proudly trumpet with your citizenship tests.  If you're serious about the issue, then stop whining, ditch the self-righteous attitude and get on with life.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-12-05 13:52:17)

maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6425|Melbourne, AUS

some_random_panda wrote:

I'm Chinese, born in Australia.  We get on fine with our neighbours, get invited to parties, and could frankly care less about the whole race thing.  Everyone is Australian in the sense that everyone who has citizenship is thus a citizen of Australia, and to separate oneself in a group and as such create a new "breed" of Australian based on skin colour (as portrayed in the op) is racist.  You could go on about sexism, discrimination over sexual preferences, living standards, etc, but really, most of us don't care.  We're all imigrants after all.

To the op, the reason that Aboriginals have such options open to them was greatly contested by Pauline Hanson (remember her?  And don't say "Please explain"), who contested the welfare rights and housing loans given to Aboriginals, while she was completely ignorant of the fact that those loans and rights were introduced because previous committes and investigations held by white people deemed that the living standard of the Aboriginals were unacceptable and that they were unable to progress in their current situation.  Thus she was called racist.  Also, to say that white people don't have the same options as black people may not be racist, but it is certainly an ill-informed view.  Those measures were put in place because they needed it as a whole.  White people wouldn't be getting the same scholarships/etc as these Aboriginals because the Aboriginals would never have the chance anyway, whereas the whites are the ones getting the scholarships on a regular basis.

This is about opportunity and fairness, which you so proudly trumpet with your citizenship tests.  If you're serious about the issue, then stop whining, ditch the self-righteous attitude and get on with life.
hear, hear.

and frankly all credibilty was lost in the line "ordinary Australians, white Australians". Does that imply that Australians from other ethnic backgrounds are not normal? white australia ftw! sheesh.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

Well, being white and elite and the master race does have it's price

I'm kidding!!!

But really, the double-standard bullshit is, well, bullshit. All the minorities who complain about being suppressed by the white man and don't have any evidence, are just using it as an excuse to blame their own inadequacies on someone else.

It's ridiculous how having white pride is seen as racist and that you belong in the KKK. What if I'm proud of my English and German heritage? That doesn't mean I hate anyone who's not white.

Anyways, having pride in your own race/ethnicity/religion/etc. is fine. But when it comes to putting others down as a means of raising your own self-esteem/confidence, that's when it crosses the line.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6762|06-01

some_random_panda wrote:

well said!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Cronulla v.2?

I don't know what's up with this white Australia crap anyway. I mean if we had kept immigrants out we wouldn't have dim-sims n such.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Dim sims.....

Aww crap, now I'm hungry.

For the record Flecco is a Caucasian with an Australian mother and English/Australian father. Flecco grew up in the NT. Flecco hates racism and likes referring to himself in third person.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6679|Canberra, AUS
This is a pathetic attempt to credit white nationalism.

Seriously.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I know. I got it in an email a while back and questioned the sender at school. Nearly got punched by him...

Hehe. Worked him up a bit.
BVC
+325|6700

Flecco wrote:

Kiwi Australians?

I raised my eyebrow upon reading it too...kinda like saying Canadian Americans really.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6648
romper stomper
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

romper stomper
lol...fucked up movie
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6679|Canberra, AUS

Pubic wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Kiwi Australians?

I raised my eyebrow upon reading it too...kinda like saying Canadian Americans really.
It just goes to show just how fucking ignorant these people are.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Pubic wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Kiwi Australians?

I have some kiwi mates. The father is kiwi, the sons are Australian. Don't get where the idea of a kiwi Australian comes from...

If they are kiwis and live in Australia, then they are kiwis until they get Aussie citizenship. With dual citizenship they'd still be a kiwi to my mind, unless they became an Australian with only Australian citizenship. Then they are Aussie. With a kiwi accent.

Then again, I treat everybody the same upon meeting them. Give them a chance to prove they are an asshole before I go hanging shit on them.
BVC
+325|6700
Out of curiosity, at the last Aussie census was there a campaign encouraging people to list their ethnicity as "Australian"?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard