Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6655|USA
Just kidding. Who has a chance at beating Ron Paul? No one I see.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6599|Stockholm, Sweden
I was just gonna make a post asking what people think about ron paul, but you beet me to it:). He seems to have the right answers to a lot of things. And most importantly, he doesnt bullshit around, always gives straight answers.

But I think he is a bit too Liberal, in the sence that he thinks the market should 100 % free. I think that some institutions or departments have to be regulated by the government. But I still think the US could need a guy like that, and four years isn't a long time. Maybe he's worth giving the chance to?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

CameronPoe wrote:

He hasn't a snowball's chance in hell.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
probably because only young people will vote for him, some of his ideas are too extreme for the general public. people often go for the mainstream guy. But in times like these you never know...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6655|USA
Out of all debates, all questions and all answers, he is the only one that answers the questions. The rest are pandering. He goes on cnn, fox, nbc, pbs, and talks common sense. And I think thats why alot of people aren't hearing him. They aren't used to being spoken to, they are used to being spoken down to. I think Americans like being spoken down to.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Out of all debates, all questions and all answers, he is the only one that answers the questions. The rest are pandering. He goes on cnn, fox, nbc, pbs, and talks common sense. And I think thats why alot of people aren't hearing him. They aren't used to being spoken to, they are used to being spoken down to. I think Americans like being spoken down to.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6707|US

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

I was just gonna make a post asking what people think about ron paul, but you beet me to it:). He seems to have the right answers to a lot of things. And most importantly, he doesnt bullshit around, always gives straight answers.

But I think he is a bit too Liberal, in the sence that he thinks the market should 100 % free.
I think he is one of the most honest politicians I have seen (contradiction in terms notwithstanding). 

He is not liberal (unless you mean that in the "classic liberal" way), he is libertarian.  The Republican party used to take a lot of libertarian stances, but the neo-cons and the religious right took over.  I hope he can win, or at least cause a shift back toward libertarianism.

Realistic chances...not very good. (But I can always hope and vote, can't I?)
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
Oh shit I hate ron paul.   A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for American civil war.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6564|USA
gunslinger thats interesting that you say that. from what i hear a lot of the troops back him. why?

as for paul, well, he's got my vote, if only because he's honest. he really doesn't have much of a chance though, but as long as obama, hillary, and guiliani don't win i couldn't really care less. those three (Esp. the last two) are corrupt greedy cuntbags who should get fucked in the ass by a large grizzly bear.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

Ender2309 wrote:

gunslinger thats interesting that you say that. from what i hear a lot of the troops back him. why?
because most troops dont follow politics, which is something I need to stop doing.    Ron Paul wants the IRS, Dept of Education, the Federal Reserve and whatever the fuck abolished.   Ron Paul's platform for president is akin to a 5 years old's aspirations to become a cowboy.  This asshole is saying exactly what people want to hear but knows very well none of it can be, and a lot of it shouldnt be done.  A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for wanting America to dwindle in a post apocalyptic mad maxesque holocaust world.   He just doesnt have good ideas, but hes so fucking popular.  Hes a god damn politician to a T.   I would actually vote for Hillary Clinton before I vote for ron paul.  Internet fads arent good for the country.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
Everytime I hear about how great Ron Paul is, I wonder if the person saying that really, truly knows American politics.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
Ron Paul for president is the absolutely worst thing for the Armed Forces of the US. and he's a racist

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-12-04 07:37:34)

AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6501|Behind You
He's not going to make it and I'll tell you why.

It's not because of anything he stands for, it's not because of anything he's said in debates.

It's because of one simple thing, coverage.  I live in NH and I work on a children's advocacy campaign that bird dogs the candidates.  We go to A LOT of candidate events and I can tell you right now, Ron Paul will not win the Republican Primary.  A lot of people like him and I personally have seen more of his ad's than any other candidate, but the problem is National coverage.  Mitt Romney has gained Fox's endorsement while Guilianni, if he ever had it, has lost it.  Romney is being blasted at more people nation wide than Ron Paul could even hope to reach.  Yes, he gets a lot of money from a lot of people, but when it comes down to it, a vast number of voters dont make their decisions before they get to the polls and by then it is simply who has had their name repeated enough.

I can also tell you that, most likely, the Republican race is between Rudy, Mitt, and Huck.  I think Huck could sneak up and take it.  Oh, and btw Ron Paul events in NH are almost unattended.  Maybe 50-60 ppls, while Mitt, Rudy, and Huck events get 100-150+ people.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
I live in Los Angeles and I havent seen shit for ron paul out here.

him and kucinich deserve each other.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6191

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

probably because only young people will vote for him, some of his ideas are too extreme for the general public. people often go for the mainstream guy. But in times like these you never know...
Since when following the constitution is extreme??

Ron Paul have the people behind him, he raised more than 10 millions since octobre.. more than any other republican candidate.. and all that money come from regular people..no special interest money.  He only need name recognition and hes getting it right now.  He have more chance than you think.

Hes low in the polls right now because they are polling likely republicans primaries voters, it means all the Bush loving , war loving losers who voted for Bush in 2004. The fact that hes able to have 6-8% of that kind of people is pretty amazing.  Wait until the "educated" people start to vote.

How can someone hate a guy like Ron Paul.. You country is going broke and hes the only guy out there with a real plan to save it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
It cant be this easy to get people on your bandwagon, can it?  I should start my career in politics, I could say all sorts of shit that the people would love to hear and get 6-8% of republican voters in a primary.
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Ron Paul have the people behind him, he raised more than 10 millions since octobre.. more than any other republican candidate.. and all that money come from regular people..no special interest money.  He only need name recognition and hes getting it right now.  He have more chance than you think.

Hes low in the polls right now because they are polling likely republicans primaries voters, it means all the Bush loving , war loving losers who voted for Bush in 2004. The fact that hes able to have 6-8% of that kind of people is pretty amazing.  Wait until the "educated" people start to vote.

How can someone hate a guy like Ron Paul.. You country is going broke and hes the only guy out there with a real plan to save it.
I actually agree with you. But what I ment with extreme is the fact that he wants to turn the country over in many ways, which isn't really a bad thing. Many people are scared of it though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Wasn't it just recently all the Paul fans were bitching about the media not giving him time? Now they admire him for going on cnn, fox, nbc, and pbs and talking. The leading candidates always get more coverage. Where are the complaints for not giving Tom Tancredo exposure? They should stick to spamming the polls.

It cant be this easy to get people on your bandwagon, can it?  I should start my career in politics, I could say all sorts of shit that the people would love to hear and get 6-8% of republican voters in a primary.
Just talk down to me, you'll get my vote.

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

His understanding of the founding fathers views are a little too simplistic for me.
Foreign Policy and the Constitution. Paul is what you might call a Constitutional originalist. He divines his governing philosophy from the Constitution and America's Founders. But his understanding of their vision is profoundly flawed. Paul appears to believe the founders vested absolute authority for foreign-policy making in Congress, not the executive. "Policy is policy," Paul wrote in 2006, "and it must be made by the legislature and not the executive." But there's almost no evidence the founders saw it in such simplistic, absolute terms. Law professor Michael Ramsey, a former clerk for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, recently noted  (pdf) this in very eloquent terms in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. Reasonable people can agree that Congress has failed its oversight responsibilities with regard to Iraq and the Bush Doctrine. But Paul's thinking here is simply not supported by the weight of historical evidence.
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/6863
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Over here in Europe we have no concept of how popular/unpopular/noticed this guy is. I get the impression he's a nobody with only a niche following and zero media coverage - am I correct?

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-12-04 08:25:56)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Oh shit I hate ron paul.   A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for American civil war.
Long overdue if you ask me.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

because most troops dont follow politics, which is something I need to stop doing.
Why?  These are the assholes that make the decisions on when you go to war, what benefits you get, how much you make and what the future of your family has in store.  I think soldiers should be more involved in politics than anyone, they have the most to lose.  Being in the military was what got me intrested in politics.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ron Paul wants the IRS, Dept of Education, the Federal Reserve and whatever the fuck abolished.
Well.....if they don't work, why keep them around?  But thats another discussion for another day.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Everytime I hear about how great Ron Paul is, I wonder if the person saying that really, truly knows American politics.
I know how shitty they are.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ron Paul for president is the absolutely worst thing for the Armed Forces of the US. and he's a racist
I disagree.  The military is stretched thin across the globe.  Bring them home and defend our borders, strengthen, train and be ready for an actuall threat against us.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I live in Los Angeles and I havent seen shit for ron paul out here.
Because the primaries are held in states towards the east coast.

Much respect for the slinger.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6191

CameronPoe wrote:

Over here in Europe we have no concept of how popular/unpopular/noticed this guy is. I get the impression he's a nobody with only a niche following and zero media coverage - am I correct?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6655|USA

Don't even want him to answer. Fear.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-12-05 20:31:14)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6535|Texas - Bigger than France

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Probably Hillary
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

As much as I like Ron Paul, you have to admit, he doesn't have a chance.  Even if he wins the primaries, which he probably won't, I doubt the Republican committee would allow him to run on the ticket.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard