+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
You're blind if you see no ball motion.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6641|Your moms bedroom
its not like the play didnt get to the replay booth, the ref reviewed it.... TD
cablecopulate
+449|6739|Massachusetts.
Stingray, how much money did you just lose on this game?
BlackKoala
+215|6326

Stingray24 wrote:

You're blind if you see no ball motion.
Or maybe you're just a blind fan?
Locoloki
maybe if Bart Scott didnt pick up the ref's flag and toss it into the stands (Lulz) the ref might have seen something different in the replay
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337

Locoloki wrote:

maybe if Bart Scott didnt pick up the ref's flag and toss it into the stands (Lulz) the ref might have seen something different in the replay
i loved that
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy

cablecopulate wrote:

None, I hate teams with no honor that are favored by the officials and the league.
BlackKoala
+215|6326

Stingray24 wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

favored by the officials and the league.
Regardless of the call, you say that as if it's the Pat's fault they may or may not be favored by the Refs/NFL.  Why not blame the league, rather than the team that's simply doing it's job?
Locoloki
no honor... , now your being a troll

funny how you think the commish like the patriots, oh thats fresh, i supposed you dont remember the videotape scandal where the league took some video tape from the patriots during the first game of the season before the patriots ever even saw what was on it

Last edited by Locoloki (2007-12-03 20:59:32)

JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337

BlackKoala wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

favored by the officials and the league.
Regardless of the call, you say that as if it's the Pat's fault they may or may not be favored by the Refs/NFL.  Why not blame the league, rather than the team that's simply doing it's job?
they pay off the refs LOL
Locoloki
if they were going to pay off the refs, they could at least wait till the playoffs (when it really counts) to do it
Stingray24

Locoloki wrote:

. . . i supposed you dont remember the videotape scandal . . .
You mentioned the video tape, not me.  Like I said, no honor.  Also, running up the score when up 4 TDs and refusing to let 2nd string guys get a chance on the field.  That alone without the videotape fines is enough for me to label them the arrogant assholes they are.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337
I'm sure they have it covered
BlackKoala
+215|6326

Stingray24 wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

. . . i supposed you dont remember the videotape scandal . . .
You mentioned the video tape, not me.  Like I said, no honor.  Also, running up the score when up 4 TDs and refusing to let 2nd string guys get a chance on the field.  That alone without the videotape fines is enough for me to label them the arrogant assholes they are.
Running up the score is the weakest argument.  The other team is getting PAID to stop you.  Why the fuck should you make their jobs easier?

If they can't stop you it's not your fault you're a better team.

It's not like it's High School football where noone's getting paid and coaches can give their backups some time, this is the big leagues.

Last edited by BlackKoala (2007-12-03 21:07:15)

Stingray24
Why not let the 2nd string guys play?  It's not all about the money.  Some of us still love the game and the respect the teams had for one another.  The Pats asshole coach won't even hardly shake the hand and acknowledge the coach of his opponents.  To some of us these things still matter.  But to the Patriots and their fans, it doesn't.  The Patriots are everything that's wrong with the NFL.  They should've been fined out of the season for cheating.
Locoloki

Stingray24 wrote:

Why not let the 2nd string guys play?
No one wants to pay to see 2nd stringers, why should we play second stringers when the other team has its starters still in? If there gonna pack it up, they should put their second stringers in.

Stingray24 wrote:

It's not all about the money.  Some of us still love the game and the respect the teams had for one another.
It is about money, we pay to watch the starters not the scrubs. Whats not to like about how the Patriots play, we are a gritty team, we stuck our WR in on defense for 1/2 a season due to injury, give respect when its due

Stingray24 wrote:

The Pats asshole coach won't even hardly shake the hand and acknowledge the coach of his opponents.
Do heavyweight fighters kiss and make up after every round of boxing? Obviously the coach has people he likes, and people he does not

Stingray24 wrote:

To some of us these things still matter.  But to the Patriots and their fans, it doesn't.
I call bullshit, the only reason you care is the fact they are undefeated, but hey thats cool, hate away. You think i dont care about watching a fair game? you know how many Pats games i've watched were phantom def. pass interference is called in the waning moments of a playoff game? The Patriots are a blue collar team, weve got Veterans coming back on the field and whipping has beens into decent players wtf is wrong with that?

Stingray24 wrote:

The Patriots are everything that's wrong with the NFL.  They should've been fined out of the season for cheating.
is that the best you can do? call the Patriots cheaters for a videotape they never saw? You think other coaches dont do that? Please explain to me how the Patriots would have been able to use that information on the field? Usually the def. coordinator calls his D play after the Offense comes out onto the field with their set number of players. Your right the Patriots are everything wrong with the NFL, their players are all off on the weekends clubbing, getting arrested, getting shot at, fighting dogs, overpaying players, you name it
Haley11thACR
+1|6173
The 2nd string scored two TD's one pass one run in the 4th qtr of the Redskins game...
Stingray24
Happy to see you admitted all but one of my points about the Patriots.  You confirmed your team and its fans look down on the 2nd string guys as "scrubs", think it's all about the money, coach acts like an ahole without any common courtesy toward opposing coaches, and the last point you dispute has been backed up to the hilt by the commissioner.  Good night.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
2 more yards on that last play and the pats perfect season would have been over. My hat goes off to the ravens for one hell of a game.
Locoloki
12-0, I loved watching the replays this mornings
Mike and Mike made a good point, this morning, saying i dont know where this handshaking at the end of the game became such a big deal, you dont see the cameras follow the coaches after all the other games in the league.

Obiwan wrote:

2 more yards on that last play and pats perfect season would have been over.
thats why i love this game, a foot here, a foot there, and its a totally different score,  every snap, every play, counts on both sides of the ball
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
The fact that twice in a row they've come THIS close to losing to an under .500 teams reassures my statement that:

They WON'T go 16-0.

Only person I like on the Pats is Gaffney, but that's because my mother knows his dad.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

Stingray24 wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Pats can thank the refs for that TD bobbled all the way out of bounds.  BS.  No control.  See the benjamins sticking out of the ref's pocket.  The NFL obviously wants the Patriots to win.  This is utter crap.
Oh bullshit.  He had control, all 10 of his fingers were on the ball.  Your just pouting.
Watch the replay, the ball was moving.  NO POSSESSION.
Um Stingray, I think you are confused between possesion and control. He obviously has posession because he, um, possesses the ball. Control could be argued, however, he showed he had control by cradling the ball with one hand and securing it with another. Touchdown. The point is the Patriots should have never been able to make that play. The Ravens coaching staff calls a timeout which was unnecessary as we all saw. Oh and for the record. Tackling a receiver in the endzone when he does not have the ball yet (or even released from the QB for that matter) kind of warrants a penalty flag in the NFL. The Ravens showed way to much emotion and it got the best of them. They have a ton of raw physical talent on Defense but getting to antsy and not keeping your cool, especially against a team like the Pats, will cost you a game. Just like that one.
Malloy must go
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

Oh bullshit.  He had control, all 10 of his fingers were on the ball.  Your just pouting.
Watch the replay, the ball was moving.  NO POSSESSION.
Um Stingray, I think you are confused between possesion and control. He obviously has posession because he, um, possesses the ball. Control could be argued, however, he showed he had control by cradling the ball with one hand and securing it with another. Touchdown. The point is the Patriots should have never been able to make that play. The Ravens coaching staff calls a timeout which was unnecessary as we all saw. Oh and for the record. Tackling a receiver in the endzone when he does not have the ball yet (or even released from the QB for that matter) kind of warrants a penalty flag in the NFL. The Ravens showed way to much emotion and it got the best of them. They have a ton of raw physical talent on Defense but getting to antsy and not keeping your cool, especially against a team like the Pats, will cost you a game. Just like that one.
that whole drive at the end of the game was a load of crap, yes the Patriots won, but they got lucky on basically every play the entire drive, did anyone else notice that after the Ravens called timeout after stopping brady, they stuffed the Fullback on the next play but it didn't count because of a false start? Didn't think so.  Even more reason for false-starts like that to not be a dead ball penalty

fucking load of shit, that was pretty much the best game i've seen in a long time, and this "too much emotion" is a bag of bull.  I've NEVER seen a team give it their all like that before, and i for one praise Baltimore on that, i'm sure it'll be a long time before anyone see's that kind of effort anywhere again.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6494|Connecticut

genius_man16 wrote:

and this "too much emotion" is a bag of bull..
I cant agree there. Throwing an officials flag because you are pissed , knowing fully well it will cost your TEAM is childish. Funny as hell but stupid. And playing with emotion and playing with heart is different. This is a business. A billion dollar business. It is your JOB as an athlete to win and doing stupid shit to cost your team a shot at winning is dumb. The Pats kept cool and whether people like it or not, whether they like the calls in the last two minutes or not, the Pats won fair and square. Not one rule was bent or broken, just stupid penalties that made the Pats very lucky to win number 12.
Malloy must go
Treecamel
Bam!
+6|5990|San Diego
Anyways, back to being on  topic:

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

Nice suit, asshole.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard