BlackKoala
+215|6338
Damn, great game.  Tuned in for a majority of the second half, got a bit worried when I saw the 12 point deficit.  Nice to see the Patriot offense churn out those plays, and taking advantage of the soft spots in the defense.  (lmao, when Moss was wide open on that second TD attempt, the one where he broke the record, I laughed so hard at that defender).  Defense was doing very well as well, stopping where it counted, and my hometown hero Mike Vrabel recover that onside kick, it was cool to see all those records being broken.

BTW, Eli is fucking terrible at clock management.
cablecopulate
+449|6751|Massachusetts.

BlackKoala wrote:

BTW, Eli is fucking terrible
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6303|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

cablecopulate wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Only one interception tonight!

IT'S A MIRACLE!
THE EYE ACCEPTS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS MIRACLE.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
BlackKoala
+215|6338

cablecopulate wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, as he made some pretty nice plays from what I saw, but apparently he played above average for most of tonight so I may have caught him on an 'on' week.  Regardless, him wasting all that clock in the final 4:00 was disgusting.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6374|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

BlackKoala wrote:

Damn, great game.  Tuned in for a majority of the second half, got a bit worried when I saw the 12 point deficit.  Nice to see the Patriot offense churn out those plays, and taking advantage of the soft spots in the defense.  (lmao, when Moss was wide open on that second TD attempt, the one where he broke the record, I laughed so hard at that defender).  Defense was doing very well as well, stopping where it counted, and my hometown hero Mike Vrabel recover that onside kick, it was cool to see all those records being broken.

Hometown hero Mike Vrabel?  Where do/did you live?  He went to the same High School I go to now and he visits the school every once in a while, it's pretty neat
BlackKoala
+215|6338

ceslayer23 wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Hometown hero Mike Vrabel?  Where do/did you live?  He went to the same High School I go to now and he visits the school every once in a while, it's pretty neat
Whooooaaa you go to Walsh?

Nifty, I'm in the Falls, only....10? minutes away from there.
cablecopulate
+449|6751|Massachusetts.
Yeah he did okay tonight. But then around halftime he started playing like himself and that cost the Giants the game. He's choke-city. He's no Peyton and I don't ever expect him to be close.
cablecopulate
+449|6751|Massachusetts.

ceslayer23 wrote:

I realized only now what your avatar was

D'oh
Nothing gets by you.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6496|P-way, NJ

Poseidon wrote:

Eugefunk84 wrote:

true, eli played well, giants were th best of the offense, but we still got it. BRADY FTW! f this thread
http://www.m3nt0r.de/blog/wp-content/ph … urself.jpg
He said f this thread but came back like 5 times. And the end of the 3rd I believe one of the patriots guys dropped a 50 yarder. My twin and I were like there going to do the same play. BAAAAAAAAAM, same play touch down.

Ya, eli threw one interception in the 4th ><

EDIT:

Breaking News: Elevator at giants stadium fell?? and numerous injuries. Not really breaking news..

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2007-12-29 21:05:08)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6506|Connecticut

Poseidon wrote:

I can GUARANTEE you the Pats don't go 16-0. 14-2 or 15-1 maybe. They won't do it. Mark my words.
Eh?
Malloy must go
maef
+67|6696|Tulln, Austria
I'm starting to feel kinda sad for all the people trying to poke holes into the Pats' perfect season. All those attempts to invalidate the accomplishments, all the if's and but's. Come on. I'm not a Pats fan by any means (If anything I root for the Dolphins and Broncos. Yeah, go ahead and laugh) but you have to admit that they're an insanely good team.

And people saying the season will be marked with an asterisks and that people in 20 years will say how they cheated to get the perfect season, come off it. Stop trying to talk yourselves into that. Did you even follow any kind of NFL-reporting this season. That shit was out of people's minds by week 3. If it had been that big of an issue the league would have taken more drastic measures. The NFL said the Pats didn't gain anything from those tapes (which they apparently never even viewed) and fined Belichick solely for the attempt.
Are you telling me, you believe they only had a perfect season because they owned a couple sideline tapes of the 3-12 Jets? Please!
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6535
mosssssssssssssssss
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6551|Long Island, New York

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I can GUARANTEE you the Pats don't go 16-0. 14-2 or 15-1 maybe. They won't do it. Mark my words.
Eh?
I was wrong. It was a prediction and would have come true if Eli Manning didn't blow harder than a thai hooker.

See, I can admit when I'm wrong! You should try the same!

I swear man, you're just another bandwagon fan. You only like to root for the Patriots because they're good and then you like to feel cool because they win. It certainly seems like it. In which case,

https://www.thealmightyguru.com/Humor/Images/SaveThePlanetKillYourself.jpg

maef wrote:

Are you telling me, you believe they only had a perfect season because they owned a couple sideline tapes of the 3-12 Jets? Please!
Maef, it doesn't matter if it was against a team that hadn't won in their entire history.

They still cheated.

And their season will always be tainted and marked with an asterisk by many fans because of it.

Last edited by Poseidon (2007-12-30 09:48:24)

ph4s3
engineer
+34|6842|Texas

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I don't care for him because I think he is highly overrated.  An above average quarterback, sure.  Not the reason for the Patriots being as good as they are though, sorry.  Any top 10 quarterback in the league could achieve what he has over the years.  He benefits from having a great team and intelligent coacing staff.

Fuck you Tom Brady.
You sure are an ignorant fucktard for being a past winner on Jeopardy, Ken.  You surprise me.

If any top 10 QB could accomplish what Brady has, then why hasn't there been an undefeated team since the '79 '72 Dolphins?

Most people don't like Brady because of his perceived smugness.  He's not as much smug as he is nonchalant.  If you ever watched or read about Johnny Unitas (one of the greatest ever QBs) you'd realize that's a trait in a good QB.  Steady, not emotional, no memory and not afraid to try something again that just failed 30 seconds ago.  Case in point, two fly routes in a row from Brady to Moss in the 3rd quarter against the Giants.  That takes balls and confidence.  Most folks are jealous of such things -- both the balls and the confidence, that is.

And PS Stryker - Brady isn't afraid of taking a hit.  He just happens to have one of the best offensive lines and pass protection schemes in the history of the NFL.  He's always been willing to take a hit to deliver a pass.  He's also always been incredibly accurate and patient.  Now he has the receiver core to match his skills.

I don't like Brady and he can go fuck himself for the fact that he's recently fathered a child that he has absolutely nothing to do with.  But that doesn't change the fact that he's one of the all time greatest quarter backs in the history of the NFL.

Last edited by ph4s3 (2007-12-30 13:04:13)

ph4s3
engineer
+34|6842|Texas

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Patriots 16-0*

Dolphins still only legitimate unblemished perfect season...

cheating sucks...
So take off the 1 game that they supposedly cheated on.  I believe that makes them tied with the '79 '72 Dolphins at 15-0 and they've still got the playoffs to play through.

Last edited by ph4s3 (2007-12-30 13:03:44)

maef
+67|6696|Tulln, Austria

Poseidon wrote:

maef wrote:

Maef, it doesn't matter if it was against a team that hadn't won in their entire history.

They still cheated.

And their season will always be tainted and marked with an asterisk by many fans because of it.
First off, as far as I know they only attempted to cheat but never even got around to actually doing it.

Other than that, please answer the following questions. Leave all your feelings towards the Patriots aside and just think about it.
1. If the whole spygate affair had never happened, do you believe the Pats would still have beaten the Jets in that game?
and
2. If it really gave them an advantage against the Jets, how do you think did spygate affect the rest of the games? How did it affect beating all those other great teams?

If you think about that impartially, you'll have to admit the Pats made that perfect season all on their own power.
Even if spygate did give them an advantage, it was an advantage they never needed and they would have achieved this perfect season anyway.

As I said before, I'm definitely not a Pats fan, but I have to give it to them. They fought hard this season and they earned what they achieved.
CDK3Y
+25|6152|BEHIND YOU!
SCREW TOM BRADY ='(............Giants were close to rape em though 38-35 win..........patriots can never be close to the '72 Dolphins......NEVER!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6506|Connecticut

maef wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

maef wrote:

They still cheated.

First off, as far as I know they only attempted to cheat but never even got around to actually doing it.

Other than that, please answer the following questions. Leave all your feelings towards the Patriots aside and just think about it.
1. If the whole spygate affair had never happened, do you believe the Pats would still have beaten the Jets in that game?
and
2. If it really gave them an advantage against the Jets, how do you think did spygate affect the rest of the games? How did it affect beating all those other great teams?

If you think about that impartially, you'll have to admit the Pats made that perfect season all on their own power.
Even if spygate did give them an advantage, it was an advantage they never needed and they would have achieved this perfect season anyway.

As I said before, I'm definitely not a Pats fan, but I have to give it to them. They fought hard this season and they earned what they achieved.
I laugh at "Spygate".
Any fucking idiot knows that all teams do that. And when a few weeks ago after the Jets admitted to taping in Foxboro last year in the playoffs nobody said shit. When the Pats were asked what they wanted the league to do about it they said "no comment, it will be settled on the field". And it certainly was. The point is the Jets blew the whistle and piised off a lot of NFL teams who do the same thing but now cant because of the scrutiny. The Pats never pointed the finger back and said "you do it too" because they have more class and didnt have to resort to driving the bus because they suck like the Jets. Besides, if you arent changing your signals every game then you have no business playing in the NFL. Even my high school team changed our signals because every game had scouts from our next opponent watching us. It is part of football.
Malloy must go
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6842|Texas
Oh, by the way... I was just reminded why Peyton Manning is my favorite quarterback... Besides the fact he reads defences like he's got the playbook and I've never lost a Madden game with him... Here's the commercial I just saw on TV:

<voice over>           And now to Payton Manning for another Priceless Pep Talk
<Peyton Manning>    Bummed about that gut?  Wish you had rock hard abs?  Listen, I'm just gonna be honest with ya.  Unless you're under 23 or a professional football player, it's just not gonna happen.  If I were you, I'd just buy bigger shirts.
Hahaha.  Making fun of 98% of your audience FTW!!!

Last edited by ph4s3 (2007-12-30 10:30:44)

maef
+67|6696|Tulln, Austria
Oh, by the way... I was just reminded why I despise Peyton Manning so much.
Voice over: Oh, look, a random product.
Peyton Manning: I'd buy it.

Hahaha. Advertising 98% of all products ever made FTL!!!
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6842|Texas

maef wrote:

Voice over: Oh, look, a random product.
Peyton Manning: I'd buy it.
ROFL.  True dat.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6551|Long Island, New York

maef wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

maef wrote:

They still cheated.

and

1. Yup. But it doesn't matter. The fact that they attempted to/or did makes their season unrecognizable to me.

2. It didn't. Which is why I would probably be congratulating them if it weren't for the whole spygate situation. Like I said, it doesn't matter if they're playing a team that's 0-15. Cheating's cheating no matter how you see it.

And yes, they probably would have. But like I said, you just DON'T cheat in a game no matter who you're playing and what the score is.

I'm a huge Jabar Gaffney fan (my mom knew his dad when he was on the Jets) so it's not like I hate all of the Patriots. As a whole, yes. But many of their players (and former players...Adam Vinatieri being first) I like a lot. Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Wes Welker, Laurence Maroney, etc.

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I laugh at "Spygate".
Any fucking idiot knows that all teams do that. And when a few weeks ago after the Jets admitted to taping in Foxboro last year in the playoffs nobody said shit. When the Pats were asked what they wanted the league to do about it they said "no comment, it will be settled on the field". And it certainly was. The point is the Jets blew the whistle and piised off a lot of NFL teams who do the same thing but now cant because of the scrutiny. The Pats never pointed the finger back and said "you do it too" because they have more class and didnt have to resort to driving the bus because they suck like the Jets. Besides, if you arent changing your signals every game then you have no business playing in the NFL. Even my high school team changed our signals because every game had scouts from our next opponent watching us. It is part of football.
You define "tunnel vision". Many people have tried to tell you what the Jets did was not the same as the Pats. Jets taped the game, Pats taped the signals. You don't get it and don't understand plain english it seems.

You act like you know exactly what every single team does, what every coach knows, and what every player thinks.

And if I recall, Spygate was only announced early in the season. It's not like the Jets knew they were going to have an abyssmal record like they did, so it's not like they did it out of scrutiny. They did it out of making sure it didn't happen to any other team. I also recall other teams claiming the Patriots did that too to them last year.

But of course, you don't see that because you're too busy sucking the dick of your precious Patriots to notice.

Last edited by Poseidon (2007-12-30 10:48:37)

topthrill05
+125|6591|Rochester NY USA
So because a baseball player was caught taking steroids the whole team should have their season taken away?

With that logic, well do I need to explain?

What the Patriots did was wrong and none is defending that, but lets look at the bigger picture, they are the best football team in the NFL, they would of won 16 with or with out spygate and they quite simply own and not to many people get that.

As a disclaimer I am a Green Bay fan, so I am looking at this from a rational standpoint, get the fuck over it they won 16 in a row and unless Indi pulls something out of their ass they are going to have a perfect season.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6337|New Haven, CT

ph4s3 wrote:

You sure are an ignorant fucktard for being a past winner on Jeopardy, Ken.  You surprise me.

If any top 10 QB could accomplish what Brady has, then why hasn't there been an undefeated team since the '79 Dolphins?
It was the 72 Dolphins, first of all.

Secondly, think about this for another moment. Why hasn't there been undefeated team since the Dolphins? Perhaps because no other QB had the surrounding cast necessary to achieve this. A good QB does not a team make. I can almost guarantee Joey Harrington would be good with the offensive line of the Patriots. Brady got lucky enough to have an unparalleled surrounding cast, which no other top ten QB got.

They also cheated.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6842|Texas

nukchebi0 wrote:

It was the 72 Dolphins, first of all.
Fixed.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Secondly, think about this for another moment. Why hasn't there been undefeated team since the Dolphins? Perhaps because no other QB had the surrounding cast necessary to achieve this. A good QB does not a team make. I can almost guarantee Joey Harrington would be good with the offensive line of the Patriots. Brady got lucky enough to have an unparalleled surrounding cast, which no other top ten QB got.
Stats don't make a QB.  You can't just plug a "good" one into an offense and expect him to be able to lead the guys the same way as another "good" QB.  These guys are the leaders of the team, at least the offense anyway, and much the rest of the team does is keyed off of the QB's personality and manner in which he conducts himself.  To say any other QB with the same guys could accomplish the same task is disingenuous.  Per your logic, you could single out any player on that team for ridicule and say they're nothing special, it's the team that did it.  The flaw in that logic is that the team wouldn't be the same if you changed even just one cog in the machine.  It'd be a different team with different attitudes, personality conflicts, loyalties, etc.  If it was as easy as you and others describe to substitute players, then building a perfect team with a perfect season would have happened a lot more recently than 35 years ago.

nukchebi0 wrote:

They also cheated.
No they didn't.  They broke a rule, got caught and got punished.  If they cheated an opponent and it contributed to the win, the NFL would have stripped the team of the win and possibly worse.  As it is, it's a pretty serious infraction with one hell of a fine and the coach will forever have a mark against him.  But the league obviously didn't feel it contributed in any way to the outcome of the game and I'm inclined to take their opinion over any of these presented here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard