sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6275
I'm looking for a free anti virus program to protect my computer since AVG mysteriously stopped working (right after doing this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=84343).  I have the option to get Symantec for free (my school offers it), or I could go with a free application.  Before you suggest it, I tried reinstalling AVG, no dice.  So what else is out there that works pretty well and doesn't cost anything?

Thanks!
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6490|Chicago, IL
Avast
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6590|Canada
I find Avast works pretty decent.
aimless
+166|6168|Texas
NOD32, greatest AV ever, if you want to torrent it.

AVG has a really nice free version

Last edited by aimless (2007-12-02 21:18:28)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6684|Your moms bedroom
I hated symantecs, deleted it right off my system even though it came "free" with the computer, it was the biggest nightmare and would have pop-ups to upgrade, renew, and update all the fucking time, and i thought the purpose of a pop up blocker was to keep shit like that from occuring. Oh the irony
jsnipy
+3,276|6566|...

If you can get your hands on it: Symantec Corporate (SAV) (not Norton AV (NAV), which is different)
sithao
+63|6669|Los Angeles, California
Nod32.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6569|South Florida

aimless wrote:

AVG stopped offering a free version of there anti-virus.

Not like getting software is hard or anything..

Last edited by Mitch (2007-12-02 21:47:11)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6241|Winland

Personally, I like Panda Internet Security. It uses by far less power than the others I've tested (Nod32, Avast, Norton, F-Secure) and it's really user-friendly. The firewall fucks up some time, but that's mainly because you've configured it wrong.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Locoloki

Mitch wrote:

aimless wrote:

AVG stopped offering a free version of there anti-virus.

Not like getting software is hard or anything..
when did AVG stop? i just updated the other day
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6664|Mhz

AVG is shit anyway, don't know why people used it. Get Avast.

Oh and they still do the free version of AVG BTW.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-12-02 22:15:58)

Locoloki
AVG does the job for me, scans, find viruses puts in vault, and i havent had any problems with it, nor viruses.... then again i stopped my illegal downloading and i havent had any problems with spyware,adware or viruses since coincidence... maybe
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6367|New Haven, CT
Illegal downloading is for losers.
Locoloki

nukchebi0 wrote:

Illegal downloading is for losers.
and college students
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6656|balls
been using avg since 04' and haven't been wrong since.  did i mention it's free.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6434

Lol.  I'm like the only person in the world who has never had a problem with Norton, i.e. Symantec.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6611|NYC / Hamburg

nod32, great little AV with pretty much the best detection while having the lowest resource useage
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6442|6 feet under

sithao wrote:

Nod32.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6594|CH/BR - in UK

Avast all the way.. And the Sysgate firewall...

-konfusion
OmniDeath
~
+726|6687

avast!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6621|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

konfusion wrote:

Avast all the way.. And the Sysgate firewall...

-konfusion
Sygate Firewall btw not Sysgate

Actually, i cant really answer this question very well, for myself i used to run AVG (free version) worked well. Not using any AV anymore, i just seem to never get infected anyway...last time i got a virus is about 8 month ago, and i did installed it...Duh!

Try to get a good Router and Sygate Firewall, chances are that you wont need AV at all
KONG
+2|6039
I use AVG.. Works fine for me
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6497|The Twilight Zone

S.Lythberg wrote:

Avast
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6200|Vancouver | Canada
Kapersky.
Stimey
­
+786|6164|Ontario | Canada
Cogeco, came with my internets and works very well.
­
­
­
­
­
­

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard