T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6288|Pennsyltucky

For those of you that don't follow American football . . .

The Washington Redskins are a team in the NFL. 

Last Sunday one of their players, Sean Taylor, was murdered by four 17-19 y/o males robbing his home.

In a tribute the Commisssioner of the NFL mandated that all players on all teams wear a number 21 on their helmet to pay repescpect to their fallen comrade.

For his team, the Washington Redskins this wasn't enough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271202028

When the Redskins defense came on for the first time, Taylor's safety position was vacant: Only 10 players were on the field for Jackson's 22-yard run around the left end. Then Taylor's replacement, Reed Doughty, ran out, and he was the one who made the tackle on the next play, a short pass to Josh Reed.

A professional football team started the game at a distinct disadvantage, so Sean Williams could play in one more game.

I'm not even going to comment on the fact the opposition took advantage of it, after all, this is "professional" sports 
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6489|woodbridge, VA

T.Pike wrote:

... so Sean Williams ...
Sean Taylor
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6499|Connecticut
I heard on TV today a lot of teams are flying in to Miami tonight to attend his funeral.  Also, the authorities are saying three men were involved in his murder. All three knew him through a relative I guess.
Malloy must go
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

Poor guy. It sucks that he had such a big career ahead of him and all, but the worst part about this is that he had a 10 month old baby
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Hurricane wrote:

Poor guy. It sucks that he had such a big career ahead of him and all, but the worst part about this is that he had a 10 month old baby
18 month old little girl. Apparently, the birth of that child had really turned his life around. He had been heading down the stereotypical, "post-Miami University NFL player" road...but his daughter was born and he straightened himself out.

Really a very sad story.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
motherdear
+25|6657|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
rest in peace.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6445|somewhere other then here
sad the 4 people who robbed him and killed him are from my town

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard