Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Yeah. The days when you could just get on xFire and you would get about 3 windows asking
"Want a game of BF2? We got tons of guys on the server"
The days when you could just join up any server and some of your friends would follow you into it.

The days when the BF2s server was chock-a-block and you would have to request an admin to kick a guy for you.

The days when you could basically go onto any server and find one of your friends playing on it.

The days when gaming and fun were the only thing that mattered.

Don't you miss those days? I feel as if they have gone. Died. And I can't get them back.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

I miss 2005/2006
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK
And when 'populating' a server was easier than trying to find space in a full server because there were so many people!
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK
People move on to different games, you can't expect them to play the same game forever.
Oh.. and I can still get a game with 4+ friends on the same server, just spam their xfire

Last edited by Simon (2007-12-02 03:43:53)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Fucking 2007 has sucked. Well except for the whole Uni/Clubbing/Girls bit. Gaming wise, my computer hasn't been able to handle games since December '06 - I've only been able to do abit of "Casual gaming" - nothing like how it used to be, BF2 just doesn't work anymore

Roll on 2008, where hopefully I'll have a PS3 by then.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-12-02 03:44:55)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Simon wrote:

People move on to different games, you can't expect them to play the same game forever.
Oh.. and I can still get a game with 4+ friends on the same server, just spam their xfire
Doesn't matter. The whole attitude has changed. Before it was a close community where everyone fought for each other and it was immense fun. I was pretty sure it would be taken onto other games as well. Maybe I was wrong.
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

Zimmer wrote:

Simon wrote:

Doesn't matter. The whole attitude has changed. Before it was a close community where everyone fought for each other and it was immense fun. I was pretty sure it would be taken onto other games as well. Maybe I was wrong.
Are you talking about the community of BF2s, or the community of BF2?
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6481|Sheffield-England

Mekstizzle wrote:

Roll on 2008, where hopefully I'll have a 360 by then.
Fixed4u
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland
I agree. EA, although they fail, seem to make history in terms of best games.

Take Medal of Honor for example...

But yeah, Zimmer, I miss those days, when noone knew how to dolphin dive or use the weapons to their full advantage and rank meant something. I remember when I first started going on 64 man servers, I was so confused lol. No doubt EA will make another breakthrough game soon. But for now, school > life...
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6729|Germany

I miss those days. Since November / December 2006.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

My first good ole days era was quake 2. There will be more
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6274
BF2 is dying.Thats all I can say.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6686|West Yorkshire, U.K

Jenspm wrote:

I miss 2005/2006
qft
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

BF2 is dying.Thats all I can say.
But we could start on another game. The problem is, nothing has been so successful and addictive like BF2.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand
Oh, there was nothing like the feeling when I first played bf2, my first ever online gaming experience, my first ever war game experience....I just had so much fun and got no where in life beacause of it, but that didn't bother me.

Without all the patches and resets the game would feel better than it does now.
I know fucking karate
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

stkhoplite wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Roll on 2008, where hopefully I'll have a 360 by then.
Fixed4u
I ain't paying no Online subscription just so I can blast fools online. Also I wouldn't mind having a BD-ROM in my house. The games are the same, it's just the other things which make me want a PS3. The 40GB is only like £30 more than the 360 premium. That extra £30 is worth the free online and Blu Ray imo. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, and I know right now the 360 has more games, but most of the good games are on both systems anyway.
Raphi
Banned
+354|6260|Basel, Switzerland
I totally agree on that.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6337|Oregon
I wish I was more active here back then. I read D+ST and some tech topics, but never got involved until I actually got a computer that ran bf2 at better than 15 fps. then I joined for the rankings/upgrades topics, posted in d+st, and read whatever was new on the list. I would play a few rounds with people from x-fire or here... again though, I wish i'd joined earlier.
avman633
+116|6366

justice wrote:

Oh, there was nothing like the feeling when I first played bf2, my first ever online gaming experience, my first ever war game experience....I just had so much fun and got no where in life beacause of it, but that didn't bother me.

Without all the patches and resets the game would feel better than it does now.
It was the first online gaming experience that lasted for over a year. I'm sad that it is going away
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Gaming is absolutely terrible lately. If I didn't hate absolutely everyone I know, I would occasionally go out some time.
Raphi
Banned

gene_pool wrote:

Gaming is absolutely terrible lately. If I didn't hate absolutely everyone I know, I would occasionally go out some time.
lmao
rub
+3|6119
lots of people left bf2 !
my PC isn't good enough for the new games neither, but there isn't any new games like bf2!(best team play game ever) Therefore i will wait for a good game, before i pay another 1200 Euro(1768$,lol) for a PC!
Raphi
Banned

rub wrote:

bf2!(best team play game ever)
Joke? lmao
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.

Ersguterjunge wrote:

rub wrote:

Joke? lmao
You're a joke.
rub
+3|6119

Ersguterjunge wrote:

rub wrote:

Joke? lmao
what else? cs? lol
btw you listened to bushido to much,hehe!

Last edited by rub (2007-12-02 04:20:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard