Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6482|The Land of Scott Walker
Looks very interesting, I hope to see it when it is released. 

http://www.diversityinc.com/public/2174.cfm

http://wbmt.wordpress.com/
" . . . The movie discusses what happened to us after the signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Before I move on, I want people to know that we were not always in the shape that we are in today. At the time of the passage of the Civil Rights Act, 82 percent of Black households included a mother and father, and 40 percent of those homes were business owners.

Today, that is not the case. The sex, drugs and rock-and-roll lifestyle didn’t work for us. We worked so hard to get the legislation passed, and then we gave up. The movie discusses how we went from depending on ourselves to depending on others, mainly the government. How many of our leaders continually get on TV and write columns begging the government for something?

Look, people — the government is not the solution to our problems. The movie discusses how welfare programs help break up our families. They penalized women for having a man in the house. The created the entitlement mentality.

Many thought that they didn’t have to do anything because the government was going to take care of them. How many people do you know who depend on the government for everything? I always say that if you have to live at the will of the government, you are in trouble.

Dr. Shelby Steele said in the movie, “The idea that Blacks are victims of a racist America has been extremely profitable for a tiny group of Black leaders.” He goes on to say, “They extract money from White guilt, and that money never gets to the people.”

I couldn’t help but think of the PEACE Foundation when I heard this quote. Their former leader is legendary for playing on White guilt for money. I have not forgotten the Big House, nor should you.

The movie also discusses how many studies have been done on Black men. There is no other group of human individuals who have been studied more than Black men in the history of the existence of Planet Earth.

Armstrong Williams, who I disagree with on many issues, said, “When are we going to see a study done about White Catholic priests having sex with young boys in the church? You never will, because there’s no money in that.”

That’s why I don’t understand the need for a University of Minnesota research center in the heart of the ’hood. How much more research is needed on us? All they want to do with their research is spread more negative statistics about us and make money while continuing to assault us mentally.

Desperate actions are often the result of an irrational mind.

The answers to the questions:
There are more Black men in college than in prison. There were 473,000 brothas in college between the ages of 18-24, compared to 106,000 in prison. That’s a 4:1 ratio.

67.3 percent of Black men pay their child support, compared to 64.7 percent of White men. 5.3 percent of Black men marry White women.
The number-one killer of Black people is abortion, killing 363,024 of us in 2005. Heart disease comes in a distant second, killing 77,732 of us in 2005.

If you ask many people these questions, I assure you their answers will be different than the truth. Go buy the movie — it’s time to wake up. This column will focus on the positive aspects of our community and hopefully change the false image that we have of ourselves."
----------
Discuss.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-11-28 21:40:37)

Loonyk
+5|6196|Saint-Hubert, Québec,Canada
The US government will penalize the working black man...and big corporation will sell the American dream to young black teens Thur guys like Jordan, James, and other black athlete ... and how about the bling*bling generation with rap stars...

Go to school...earn your money...pay IRS half your income to finance Iraq war...

or

Sell drugs...live in tha hood with the hommies... get your check each month without paying IRS a dime

if you don't have a mom & dad to put you on the good track... guess what option they will choose
Master*
Banned
+416|6531|United States
I always try to stay away from that type of lifestyle, I know what selling drugs, getting involved with gangs etc will lead to, death and or prison. I've been critizized for bieng a sellout for not having that type of attitude that a stereotypical black male does, ive even been called "white" by other blacks for not acting gangsta which is considered black to them. Its ridiculous, people need to wake up.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6726|Tampa Bay Florida
Think you're confusing victimization and racism a little bit there Stingray.  I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but there is a reason the african american community feels victimized.  Its because it was, Stingray.  It took the USA a hundred years after slavery was abolished to begin to at least pretend to treat people equally.  I'm not saying there aren't people that play off white guilt, but tbh you sound like you think the accusations are baseless.  Which is very wrong. 

Looks like an ok story though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6701|NT, like Mick Dundee

Masterstyle wrote:

I always try to stay away from that type of lifestyle, I know what selling drugs, getting involved with gangs etc will lead to, death and or prison. I've been critizized for bieng a sellout for not having that type of attitude that a stereotypical black male does, ive even been called "white" by other blacks for not acting gangsta which is considered black to them. Its ridiculous, people need to wake up.
Wow.

No seriously..... Wow. That shit is fucked up.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6442|North Carolina
Please don't bring abortion into this...  it really is a different issue altogether.

Other than that, I agree with your OP, Stingray.
Stingray24
I didn't bring it in, Turquoise, the man who made the movie does so yell at him.  Perhaps I should have clarified that the words posted are not mine.  I thought the links and the dotted line made that clear, perhaps not.

Spearhead wrote:

Think you're confusing victimization and racism a little bit there Stingray.  I'm not saying you're completely wrong, but there is a reason the african american community feels victimized.  Its because it was, Stingray.  It took the USA a hundred years after slavery was abolished to begin to at least pretend to treat people equally.  I'm not saying there aren't people that play off white guilt, but tbh you sound like you think the accusations are baseless.  Which is very wrong. 

I didn't post any opinion.  Just think it looks interesting, but the full movie is not out, far as I know, so I'll reserve judgment until then.  It is a black man who made the movie and I believe a black man also wrote the article I posted, too.  So disagree with their assessment of the circumstances of their race if you like.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-11-28 21:22:38)

Turquoise
O Canada
No prob, Stingray.  I just find it really annoying when people act like all abortion is murder.  It's like they don't understand the circumstances that often surround abortion.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Stingray24 wrote:

I didn't bring it in, Turquoise, the man who made the movie does so yell at him.  Perhaps I should have clarified that the words posted are not mine.  I thought the links and the dotted line made that clear, perhaps not.

Spearhead wrote:

I didn't post any opinion.  Just think it looks interesting, but the full movie is not out, far as I know, so I'll reserve judgment until then.  It is a black man who made the movie and I believe a black man also wrote the article I posted, too.  So disagree with their assessment of the circumstances of their race if you like.
I couldn't tell if it was you or someone else who wrote that.  Thanks for clarifying.
Stingray24
No problem, Spearhead.  Put some quotes around it for future readers.

From what I have heard from the interviews of Mr. Morton who made the movie, he made it to dispel the myths propagated about black males and  the black race as a whole.  He pointed out that the likes of Sharpton and Jackson overemphasis the negative circumstances of the black race for their own financial gain.  By doing so they actually hold back their race rather than empowering them.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-11-28 21:40:59)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I'd agree with that.
Turquoise
O Canada
Same here...
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6794|Argentina
The thread should be called "What a black man thinks".
Stingray24
Why's that Serge?  The thread is the title of the movie.
{ATS}Huppa1
+0|6821
There are far too many media avenues ( "reality" shows, music videos, news etc.) that unfairly show a slanted view of the American Black population as violent, abusive and gang oriented for the sake of entertainment and profit. Being constantly bombarded with media and supposedly opinion-free news broadcasts continually forces the general opinions of the population to believe what they see on their TVs despite what the truth is. I hope this film makes it into the homes of as many people as possible so that the fears and misconceptions that continue to drive racial separations and racism might begin to disappear as they should have long ago. I hope the media machine picks this up and does something positive for a change, but, sadly, that will depend upon profitability and popularity.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6794|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, the movie is the view of Morton, and he is one guy.  He can't say that all black men think this or that IMO coz they don't think all the same.  Al Sharpton is black and he doesn't think the same, well he doesn't think, period.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6808|PNW

Spearhead wrote:

...but there is a reason the african american community feels victimized.  Its because it was, Stingray.
Then how come they're worse off now than they were a half-a-century ago? And should I sit around feeling victimized because my Irish ancestor immigrants weren't treated fairly? No, get on with life.

sergeriver wrote:

The thread should be called "What a black man thinks".
Is "When Black Men Think" good?

Turquoise wrote:

No prob, Stingray.  I just find it really annoying when people act like all abortion is murder.  It's like they don't understand the circumstances that often surround abortion.
Lifesaving circumstances? Fine. Just because you feel like it or are inconvenienced? Not fine.

I recall a story of a couple of EMT's who were called to an abortion clinic because some lady was having problems. One of them saw a screaming mass left on a tray to die of exposure. Over the protests of the clinic, it was taken to the hospital and put into an incubator by the doctors there. I don't know if it survived or not, but, well, I suppose it could be one of the reasons why they started routinely dismembering them on the way out.

Apparently didn't do a good enough job before.

srog72 wrote:

Don't be dumb and forget this country allowed an idiot to president for the past 8 years.
What does he have to do with black people?

srog72 wrote:

If you are not black you cant speak for black people.
But black people can certainly speak for white people...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-11-29 10:23:05)

srog72
+12|6792|Michigan
Stop spreading that BS.......200,000 blacks in prison?  thats like 3800 per state!!    there is like 1.5 million black men in prison right now.   There may be 1 million black men in college.  I will post later with various stats.  People want us to down play Jackson and down play Sharpton.  Are they perfect men?  NO.  But America has bread fear into us when it comes to standing up to what is wrong.  So when those two do it has to be down played so they don't generate a following.
Don't be dumb and forget that two men that fought to empower blacks 40 years ago were SHOT and killed.
Don't be dumb and forget this country allowed an idiot to president for the past 8 years.

There is so much crap placed out there for us to "Contained". America wants us to continue to do dumb shit.  Dumb shit that takes away your right to vote.  Dumb shit that keeps you from getting a good job.  And for those of us who don't get caught in that shit, we are thrown information that puts blacks against blacks.  And the rest of America is left clueless of what its like to be black. (so keep your ignorant opinion)  If you are not black you cant speak for black people.  America tries to make you think we all come from welfare, all have baby after baby, we all are violent.  These are just a few examples.

I get tired of reading false info. 

I am not a prejudice person, I look at all and allow them to define themselves to me.  Give them a chance to express their true self.
Stingray24

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Well, the movie is the view of Morton, and he is one guy.  He can't say that all black men think this or that IMO coz they don't think all the same.  Al Sharpton is black and he doesn't think the same, well he doesn't think, period.
Ah, I misunderstood your statement.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6794|Argentina

Stingray24 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ah, I misunderstood your statement.
Np, I should have put movie.
Stingray24

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I recall a story of a couple of EMT's who were called to an abortion clinic because some lady was having problems. One of them saw a screaming mass left on a tray to die of exposure. Over the protests of the clinic, it was taken to the hospital and put into an incubator by the doctors there. I don't know if it survived or not, but, well, I suppose it could be one of the reasons why they started routinely dismembering them on the way out.

That makes me physically ill, I think I'll skip lunch now.  Brings tears to my eyes as a parent to 2 small kids.  And we wonder why some people want to kill abortion doctors . . .  How they sleep at night is beyond me.  I couldn't do that to an animal, let alone a baby.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-11-29 10:40:32)

apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6567|The lunar module

Stingray24 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And we wonder why some people want to kill abortion doctors . . .
I certainly hope it's not because they take urban legends about abortion clinics as gospel.
srog72
+12|6792|Michigan

srog72 wrote:

What does he have to do with black people?

I was directing that to the amount of deception that lingers in this country.

srog72 wrote:

If you are not black you cant speak for black people.
But black people can certainly speak for white people...

Black people cant speak for white people.  We can speak for Americans, cant we?

I said that I personally take every person for who they are.  EVERYONE doesn't do that.
Stingray24

apollo_fi wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I certainly hope it's not because they take urban legends about abortion clinics as gospel.
I'll start a whole new thread on this if you need it.  Your "urban legend" involves human beings that have names who have survived abortion.  Do a simple good search, these stories are the tip of the iceberg:

http://members.tripod.com/~joseromia/survivors.html

http://www.abortiontv.com/Glitch/AbortionSurvivors.htm

http://www.abortionfacts.com/survivors/amy.asp

http://www.abortionfacts.com/providers/quotes.asp

http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature … 9312ha.asp
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6567|The lunar module

Stingray24 wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I'll start a whole new thread on this if you need it.  Your "urban legend" involves human beings that have names who have survived abortion.  Do a simple good search, these stories are the tip of the iceberg:

http://members.tripod.com/~joseromia/survivors.html

http://www.abortiontv.com/Glitch/AbortionSurvivors.htm

http://www.abortionfacts.com/survivors/amy.asp

http://www.abortionfacts.com/providers/quotes.asp

http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature … 9312ha.asp
No need to start a new thread. There are many suitable ones already.

...and I believe further discussion on the subject would not increase understanding, just animosity. And it's a ghastly subject.

Sorry for the hijack, I'll go now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard