san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live
My experience is that the heat-seeking missiles from the Essex guns are less accurate than heat-seeking missiles shot from mobile AA. Has anyone else experienced that?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
yes
CombatRsq
+5|6727|California
Yes they are less effective, but they do a longer range to hit after lock.  The mobile AA hit damage is greater, as it the Igla/Stinger.

p.s. I am sorry you are not a mobile AA Whore until you have atleast 40K kills in the AA.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6370|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
40k.

I don't think I'd reach that even I padded it! Anything over 1000's AA kills grants you 'whorage' status in my book. Essex AA is great. Love the one on the superstructure which noone ever goes for.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

nighthawk843 wrote:

40k.

I don't think I'd reach that even I padded it! Anything over 1000's AA kills grants you 'whorage' status in my book. Essex AA is great. Love the one on the superstructure which noone ever goes for.
I loved that one. It was in perfect line with my bombing run on the heli pad. I'd always machine gun it before bombing, great gun.
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
they are less efficient but if you fir them one at a time they are as effective
TuataraDude
+115|6522|Aotearoa

CombatRsq wrote:

Yes they are less effective, but they do a longer range to hit after lock.  The mobile AA hit damage is greater, as it the Igla/Stinger.

p.s. I am sorry you are not a mobile AA Whore until you have atleast 40K kills in the AA.
OMG! You have over 47,000 AA kills. Don't be offended, but how many of those were while sitting in the AA as commander (and getting the arty kills) and how many were genuine shooting jets and helos down? The reason I ask is because I am terrible at AA, hardly ever seem to get hits, so if a large portion of yours are shootings, could you give a few tips?

Cheers
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
The linebacker is my favorite vehicle in the game <3 You can take out anything in that, even tanks <3
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia

TuataraDude wrote:

CombatRsq wrote:

OMG! You have over 47,000 AA kills. Don't be offended, but how many of those were while sitting in the AA as commander (and getting the arty kills) and how many were genuine shooting jets and helos down? The reason I ask is because I am terrible at AA, hardly ever seem to get hits, so if a large portion of yours are shootings, could you give a few tips?

Cheers
Don't worry, he fails almost every other aspect of the game apart from AA.

The trick with AA is to spook your target into dropping flares first (works with choppers best), and once they've dropped move the targetting screen AWAY from the chopper (like 90 degrees to the left or something), and then back again to reattain a proper lock,
san4
The Mas

CombatRsq wrote:

Lol! Pretty exclusive club, eh?

Thanks for your response. But what are you saying about the Essex missiles, "they do a longer range to hit after lock"? You mean that they are ineffective when targets are close?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

san4 wrote:

CombatRsq wrote:

Lol! Pretty exclusive club, eh?

Thanks for your response. But what are you saying about the Essex missiles, "they do a longer range to hit after lock"? You mean that they are ineffective when targets are close?
He means they track the targets when they are fleeing better than mobile AA, I think.
CombatRsq
+5|6727|California
No, I use the vehicle the way it was designed.  If you look at my commander score you could see I dont routinly get kills with Arty while sitting in the AA.  The trick is playing an air map like Dragon valley where there is a lot of air targets.  Plus the Linebacker is vey effective at taking out the infantry running about waiting for a chopper to spawn. Sharky, if you think I fail at everything else then I envite you to our sever any time.
Oddsodz
+0|6344|Sea of Tranquility
I Find that the USS Essex CWIZ gun is only really good for one thing.  Team Killing!!!!  You can bet your last penny that if you fire that thing at an enemy jet/helo all of the missiles will miss or hit a friendly unit.
Sabr1y0
+10|6125

CombatRsq wrote:

ohhh that explains that :

http://www.sabriyo.com/bf2s/screen219.jpg
san4
The Mas

Sabr1y0 wrote:

CombatRsq wrote:

ohhh that explains that :

http://www.sabriyo.com/bf2s/screen219.jpg
link doesn't work
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

The Essex Gun only tends to guarantee a hit with missiles if the target is almost stationary, otherwise they just fly through. Anyone whos played Gator will know this.
BUT, you can sit supply crates next to you so you have an almost unlimited stash of missiles that you can forever fire. I think my record was about 30-35 missiles against the Mi-17 on Gator and not ONE of them hit it.

But...give me a Linebacker on OSS, you will see the results Ma EF movie and KDR speak for themselves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard