Safrguns
+105|6122
My Latest tank vs aircraft movie  "Animal"  features 40 aircraft kills with a tank main gun.
This movie was inspired by those who have banned me for "suspected hacking".
It serves to prove that I dont.

"Safrgun's Revenge" was my first movie, and is a tank vs aircraft comedy.
If you havn't seen it, please watch this one first.  (hehe.. cause animal is better)

I'm currently working on another comedy (not tank vs ac),
and I have a great idea for yet another sequel to my tank vs aircraft series,
but I need another REALLY good tank whore who is well known to co-star in it with me.

I did have these posted in the temp bf2s forums, but the thread didn't make it over.

Hope you enjoy these!.. they were a real hoot to make.

"Safrgun's Revenge"  [5:28]  https://i26.tinypic.com/2r794t3.gif https://i15.tinypic.com/853xixc.gif
"Safrgun's Animal"     [5:51]  https://i26.tinypic.com/2r794t3.gif https://i15.tinypic.com/853xixc.gif

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-03-01 11:57:13)

Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6484
wow, amazing.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6359|Netherlands

Hehe, it's always so satisfying when you shoot a heli or a plane with a tank. I can do most of the things you did in those videos but there were some amazing shots in there. Karma for you my man.

The secret is to know the trajectory of the tank shell over longer distance. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!
Safrguns
+105|6122

TigerXtrm wrote:

Hehe, it's always so satisfying when you shoot a heli or a plane with a tank. I can do most of the things you did in those videos but there were some amazing shots in there. Karma for you my man.
Yeah.... so satisfying i'm willing to get bombed to death 10 times or more, just for that one chance to watch a jet or helo crash to the ground in front of me from my tank shell....  pretty much the reason behind the Star Trek scene with Data saying "YES!"

Thanks!... lets hook up and go duck huntin!
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6361|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Great shooting. Pity most of the shots were 'staged' in that they were people you knew flying low for you. I would have much preferred it if it had been proper public. The jet kills were still very impressive, I won't knock the fact that you used your friends for those. They are still outstanding.

The Star Trek bit at the end did worry me. You might need to see someone about that.

Not as good as Gismo_Camaxide's 'Tanking You' but still a good watch. 7/10. I felt the editing (in terms of using BR files and the use of your friends) didn't quiet give it the buzz I was hoping for. Music used was also a good choice.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6317
Videos were good. The staging was a downer though and it downplays your skill. Only BR footage on all your cliff jump shots, no gameplay fraps from that? Thats where the action is. All in all awesome movies.
Safrguns
+105|6122

nighthawk843 wrote:

Great shooting. Pity most of the shots were 'staged' in that they were people you knew flying low for you. I would have much preferred it if it had been proper public. The jet kills were still very impressive, I won't knock the fact that you used your friends for those. They are still outstanding.
Thanks....
Of the 29 ac kills in Revenge, 3 were staged  (jump/terrain shots on choppers)
Of the 40 ac kills in Animal, 17 were staged (all 7 jump shots and 10 other jet/chopper kills)
So... "most" are NOT staged.

The intent of "Animal" was not to show what I can do...
It was to show what I was NOT doing, and to show others how.  Showing skill was not a priority.
I wanted the extra jump shots in Animal because everyone was raving about the one in Revenge,
and that one was just way too easy to pull off. 

Revenge was a skill frag/comedy
Animal was more of a proof/tutorial/stunt video.
Most stunt videos are pure staging.

nighthawk843 wrote:

The Star Trek bit at the end did worry me. You might need to see someone about that.
LOL...  What would you say after hitting a jet laterally at 300+ meters?  "NOOOOOO!!"?????
I usually say "YES!!!!!"...  and sometimes I even do the arm bit too 

Thanks again

Last edited by Safrguns (2007-11-26 16:31:05)

Safrguns
+105|6122

Ten24Alpha420 wrote:

Videos were good. The staging was a downer though and it downplays your skill. Only BR footage on all your cliff jump shots, no gameplay fraps from that? Thats where the action is. All in all awesome movies.
I would have to disagree about downplaying skill.
If anything, my movies make me look better than I really am.  (I dont show all my misses)

I do have most of the first person fraps on the jump shots.
They looked better to me from 3rd person for the movie,
and they don't have much tutorial/in-game value... they just good for show.

Thanks!
Whitefang
Whit3fang [30-06] Deer
+2|5988|Mississippi
i loved it, thnx safrguns
san4
The Mas
+311|6679|NYC, a place to live
Revenge is a great vid. You should show up on the BF2s US Server more often.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6361|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Safrguns wrote:

nighthawk843 wrote:

Thanks....
Of the 29 ac kills in Revenge, 3 were staged  (jump/terrain shots on choppers)
Of the 40 ac kills in Animal, 17 were staged (all 7 jump shots and 10 other jet/chopper kills)
So... "most" are NOT staged.

The intent of "Animal" was not to show what I can do...
It was to show what I was NOT doing, and to show others how.  Showing skill was not a priority.
I wanted the extra jump shots in Animal because everyone was raving about the one in Revenge,
and that one was just way too easy to pull off. 

Revenge was a skill frag/comedy
Animal was more of a proof/tutorial/stunt video.
Most stunt videos are pure staging.

nighthawk843 wrote:

LOL...  What would you say after hitting a jet laterally at 300+ meters?  "NOOOOOO!!"?????
I usually say "YES!!!!!"...  and sometimes I even do the arm bit too 

Thanks again
You should make a full on Tanking Frag Video. And you should start RIGHT NOW!
Safrguns
+105|6122

nighthawk843 wrote:

You should make a full on Tanking Frag Video. And you should start RIGHT NOW!
What is "a full"?
Safrguns
+105|6122

Whitefang wrote:

i loved it, thnx safrguns
Thanks Whitefang!

Last edited by Safrguns (2007-11-27 08:31:13)

Safrguns
+105|6122

san4 wrote:

Revenge is a great vid. You should show up on the BF2s US Server more often.
Thanks San4!...   BF2s should run Oman more 
I'm also quite partial to Tampa Highway.

Will do though!
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6493|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I watchied on youtube a while ago......

.... Damn you pwn.... I'm impressed. Must take a lot of time to learn how to shot that way... +1 for sure!
Safrguns
+105|6122

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

.... Damn you pwn.... I'm impressed. Must take a lot of time to learn how to shot that way... +1 for sure!
Thanks dude!... still learning 
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6493|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Safrguns wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Thanks dude!... still learning 
Still learning? Damn... You got skills as a beginner???? *lol* Jesus christ I don't want to meet you on the 'field.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6589|S.C.
That was EPIC! +1
GameOver
+14|6253|Hungary
I consider myself a skilled tanker but damn... you are even better - at least regarding your shooting skills. Although I didn't like the staged shots, but the rest of them were simple awesome! The staged shots may look cool but to tell the true everyone can do that -after all it's staged (merely a question of time and persistence) A bit to the right, a bit upwards...hit, well done, now you are leet...You know what I mean. And I think that you are so good that you don't need staged shots to show your exceptional skills. Anyway congratulations on the nice shots and the entertaining movies! And +1 for being a tankwhore on Gulf Of Oman. It's good to see another good tanker there.

P.s. I couldn' t agree more with your sentence 'The only thing worse than a whiner is a whiner with server admin rights." - I hate admins so much.
Safrguns
+105|6122

GameOver wrote:

I consider myself a skilled tanker but damn... you are even better - at least regarding your shooting skills. Although I didn't like the staged shots, but the rest of them were simple awesome! The staged shots may look cool but to tell the true everyone can do that -after all it's staged (merely a question of time and persistence) A bit to the right, a bit upwards...hit, well done, now you are leet...You know what I mean. And I think that you are so good that you don't need staged shots to show your exceptional skills. Anyway congratulations on the nice shots and the entertaining movies! And +1 for being a tankwhore on Gulf Of Oman. It's good to see another good tanker there.

P.s. I couldn' t agree more with your sentence 'The only thing worse than a whiner is a whiner with server admin rights." - I hate admins so much.
Thanks GameOver!...

Ok...  that does it...  I'm done with staged jump shots.  For me, staging just afforded me the ability to get
the shot I wanted sooner than in game.  As such,
I was thinking about doing a movie called "64 tons of air" with nothing but stuff like that.
Don't think I will now... all the negative feedback says dont.

I do have some "terrain shots" in game where I hit hills and fire/hit as the tank is bouncing up.
I'll see if I can put some more  of those together for the next movie.
So.. if I pull off a jump shot in-game... thats ok?
Safrguns
+105|6122
Yeah....  when I watch movies like stuntmen legends, I have to wonder...
How many times did they have to do that for the camera before they got it right?
Guess I'll have to go see how many times they got dinged for staging their stunts.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6330|Too late for you to know...

Hey Saf,

I gotta record when I'm tanking because I'm starting to hit helis from farther and farther away.  It'd probably be nice for you to see someone pull off the same shots due to your vids.
[alpha_team_nipper]
+1|6516
nice job

id love to be your gunner some time
Safrguns
+105|6122

[alpha_team_nipper] wrote:

nice job

id love to be your gunner some time
I'd love to have you as a gunner anytime...  Look for me on relatively uncrowded Oman servers.
Thanks!
Safrguns
+105|6122

Sarciss wrote:

Hey Saf,

I gotta record when I'm tanking because I'm starting to hit helis from farther and farther away.  It'd probably be nice for you to see someone pull off the same shots due to your vids.
Yes!... great to hear!...  thats why I made the video ya know.
I finally perfected my technique of frapping a 1st person shot without it interfering with my aim.
As you probably know, not much time to take your shot a lotta times, and that extra keystroke
can take just enough attention away to cause a miss.
I ended up using the programmable side buttons on my mouse (cntl-v,cntl-c) for movies/screenshots
It works great, and took just a little getting used to triggering it before taking my shot.

Oh... and dont stop at recording... make a tank vs aircraft movie.
I have a movie Idea that calls for a well known tank whoring co-star.

Thanks!

Last edited by Safrguns (2007-11-28 12:51:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard