General-Idea
+5|5996|USA, Central.

Djbrown wrote:

played the demo etc, whole game seemed so claustrophobic almost. i love bf2 for its massive levels like kubra dam, daqing oilfields and 64p maps for IO, 2142 was a good 2-3x smaller on every single map, but cod4 maps were about half the size again of 2142 maps. I just like being able to have multiple ways to move around and attack, especially in bf2 when you can use transport copters etc and jeeps to get behind enemy lines. i havent actually played the MP on cod, but looking at the maps i cant imagine theres any other ways of playing except walk towards the enemy base and get into a firefight. its impossible to get past any other way except crashing through the frontlines
Trust me, there are much larger maps.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6727|Louisiana
But the game is still much faster-paced than BF2. It feels a little too spammy at times for me. The LMGs are a load of BS as well.

Is there a place where you can view a player's stats? Say on a website or something, like BF2S?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

xintegrityx wrote:

But the game is still much faster-paced than BF2. It feels a little too spammy at times for me. The LMGs are a load of BS as well.

Is there a place where you can view a player's stats? Say on a website or something, like BF2S?
Stats are clientside,, not on a master server,, so that would be a NO...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6392|Belgium

well I like it the way it is, shooting trough the walls is realy funny. people get shot and take coer behind the wall. shoot e couple of rounds trough the wall and they die. I hate the airstrikes and choppers, but the game is fun.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys

David.P wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

David.P wrote:

Well atleast you wont be able to dominate noobs with the tank like in bf2.
lol, i hated tanks in bf2. Ironic because patton is my alias when in WW2 he was a tank commander :S
No i mean that when i was a noob in bf2, My first time playing wake you wiped out my whole squad with 1 tank shell at north village . God i still remember that day. And the 3 failed rams my squadmates tried to do with dpv's were damn funny when your gunner made them blow up the bridge. Infact patton i think you were one of the first people i ever idolized in bf2. God i sound like such a suckup right now. Lol Ahh memories sweet sweet memories of my Bf2 newbiehood.
lmao, well that makes me feel special......i dont remember that round your talking about though
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Entertayner
+826|6569

CoD4 = EPIC

End.
Stimey
­
+786|6118|Ontario | Canada
Damn M rating.
I was gonna get it until they asked for age.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland
Shitty singleplayer and the MP doesn't seem anything special tbh.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

I loved the single player but don't really like the multiplayer that much, apart from in gathers and pcw's, they are great.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
weasel_thingo
+74|6325
tis an epic game, cant wait till teh modderz get started
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6621|Camp XRay

Dauntless wrote:

I loved the single player but don't really like the multiplayer that much, apart from in gathers and pcw's, they are great.
Shooting you in the back is always fun. I like the multiplayer, smaller servers where they run sabotage are fun, especially if you get a good squad of guys working together.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Shooting you in the back is always fun. I like the multiplayer, smaller servers where they run sabotage are fun, especially if you get a good squad of guys working together.
You haven't killed me once you jackass.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
SamTheMan :D
Banned
+106|5997|UK
Should of arrived on Friday

It's now Monday :@ :@ :@

I'm feeling very angry!

S

Last edited by SamTheMan :D (2007-11-26 05:43:39)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I've played it alot, but I ain't got it for my PC because it keeps freezing whenever I'm using a graphics card (not just in the game, the PC itself)
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast
becaus my shitty gfx cad wont run it

die radeon 9200

Last edited by henno13 (2007-11-26 08:34:31)

Commie Killer
+192|6385

r2zoo wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I dont wanna spend 1500 buying a new computer.....
Lol?  If you can run BF2 you can run Cod4, its not that outrageously demanding.
I can play about 3 rounds of BF2 on all lows before my computer crashes.....
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast

Stimey wrote:

Damn M rating.
I was gonna get it until they asked for age.
buy it on the internets

Last edited by henno13 (2007-11-26 10:31:47)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Because it is BF2 without vehicles and it takes five days to reach the highest rank.

I might for the single player but since the SP takes only 8 hours with little replay value probably not.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2007-11-26 14:51:10)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6348|Iowa...
1.played the demo,wasn't impressed
2.no vehicles
3.still busy with BF2...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

my shitty PC probably won't allow me to run the game at the quality I want to to run it. ( I run AMD 3200+ , single core, 1 GB RAM, ATI X800 XT PE )
I mean, what's the use buying a game that is so good graphics-wize, and not be able to take full advantage of that ?

I had planned to buy a new PC this year, but my new apartment needed some furniture first. So I guess it will be another 3 months before I can pick up CoD4.
psH
Banned
+217|6382|Sydney

B.Schuss wrote:

my shitty PC probably won't allow me to run the game at the quality I want to to run it. ( I run AMD 3200+ , single core, 1 GB RAM, ATI X800 XT PE )
I mean, what's the use buying a game that is so good graphics-wize, and not be able to take full advantage of that ?

I had planned to buy a new PC this year, but my new apartment needed some furniture first. So I guess it will be another 3 months before I can pick up CoD4.
i have the exact same specs as you, except i have an X300, and that is laggy as hell, but on my other PC i hae an GeForce 6800 and 512 ram, and it works like a dream.

imo cod4 is more friendly to nvidia GFX cards.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

aj0404 wrote:

1.played the demo,wasn't impressed
2.no vehicles
3.still busy with BF2...
NOW GTFBCKINTHBF2SCTI0N !!! NAW!! whore
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard