agent146
+127|6392|Jesus Land aka Canada
more like Guitar Queer-O!!! ...lol.......
reference to south park.....
so no offense to GH players.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6696|Devon, England
That kid kicks ass at that game.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6646|Your moms bedroom
5*'d all the mediums

now im stuck on beating hard
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6624|Manitowoc, WI
As soon as I saw Through the Fire and Flames on expert I quit, didn't even try one note.  And I can beat 90% of GH2 songs on expert and all on Hard.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6835|Denver colorado
I don't mind the GH fans who think the game is fun but I fucking hate all the stupid douche bags who act like being good at that game actually means something. It's really pathetic.
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6377|Netherlands tbh
I dunno.. GH.. I mean it looks like a fun game but I play real guitar now for over 7 years, and I never tried GH, it just seems so fake and nothing to with the real art of playing. I mean come on, press colored buttons? Fine if they were on the correct positions but all you do is jam a bit on that thing to the right (whatever its called in English) and press the buttons real quickly. Now sorry but that's got nothing to with real playing, and that's why I agree with lavadisk that people are pathetic when they think they mean a lot when theyre good at GH.
Apart from that it looks great fun Im not negative about the game but just have my doubts on it because of the fakeness of playing.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6661|Brisbane, Australia

GH is nice, but I hate all the guitarfags who think just because they play it real, they can ace the game. It brings my piss to a boil and makes me want to buy a 360, Live and GH to dominate all those cunts.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6642|USA
2 THINGS!!!!

1. i did that on EVERY song even bonus songs =P i need to make a video EDIT: on medium and easy

2. Thats a bonus song for beating game so don't let that represent GH3

Last edited by elite3444 (2007-12-01 10:03:17)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6783|Long Island
i beat all songs on expert... took a lot of practice over the past year since i got gh2.  through the fire and flames was the biggest challenge.  i have a video of it on youtube with fingers:

and that wasn't the first time i beat it either.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6479|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
WOW, pressing a few buttons makes you a guitar hero...well played on those finger pressing skills.

Note the sarcasm.

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2008-03-23 16:29:58)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York

Slickdawg8 wrote:

i beat all songs on expert... took a lot of practice over the past year since i got gh2.  through the fire and flames was the biggest challenge.  i have a video of it on youtube with fingers:

Rubber band trick, eh?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6747|FUCK UBISOFT

ELITE-UK wrote:

WOW, pressing a few buttons makes you a guitar hero...well played on those finger pressing skills.

Note the sarcasm.
wow, typing a little bit makes you an asshole... well played on the sarcasm.

note the honesty
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6367|Vancouver

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Spare yourself and buy a real guitar.
It's a game. You know, for entertainment purposes that are entirely different than an actual guitar.
velocitychaos
+26|6502|Brisbane Australia
Groan.....The day the music died.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6783|Long Island

Poseidon wrote:

Slickdawg8 wrote:

Rubber band trick, eh?
yup, it worked too haha.  funny thing is, the VERY first time i beat it, i did it with one hand and no rubber band.
Christbane
+51|6240
he owns shit untill he learns to play a real guitar
Defiance
+438|6676

1) Not to say I'm surprised, but a third of this thread ought to grow up. Bitching about GH versus guitar is like saying there's significance in the fact most FPS players can't shoot a gun worth anything. Of course, they're two entirely different things related by topic. Of course one person is better at something then the other. No one can be good at everything. It's apples and oranges and your immaturity can't distinguish the two.

Reciprocity: Read 1

iNeedUrFace4Soup: Read 1

lavadisk: Read 1, though you'll need a bit of comprehension to see the point as you're "stance" is a bit different.

xGj: Read 1, ignore the flaming.

ELITE-UK: Read 1, notice the flaming.

velocitychaos: Actually, classic rock as died (for the most part) a long time ago. Of course a lot of bands still play the style, but the prolific era of Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones is over. Technology has had a large impact, for better or worse, but music is far from dead. Prog rock, jazz fusion and the insane stuff done in electronica is what I see proliferating for a while.

Christbane: Read 1, twice.

Edit: So this post has a bit of merit, this kid would be a guitar legend, as it goes (sorry the pun real guitar fanboys, I'm sure you'll see past it). The school I go to has this game genre running rampant. I'm a bit more preferential towards Rock Band drums though. I don't play real set often, mainly saxophone, but sometimes I pick up the sticks and give it a go. 'Tis a great instrument. And again, for the fanboys, so is real guitar. I watch the 2007 Crossroads DVD every so often and the versatility of the instrument makes it sound amazing in many genres.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-03-24 21:08:06)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5937|Somewhere out in Space

Drakef wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

It's a game. You know, for entertainment purposes that are entirely different than an actual guitar.
Tell that to the elitist assholes on youtube that churn out a thousand guitar hero videos a second.  They think they are such tough shit; all the while claiming its justified because they have years of guitar "experience", promise to get some videos of it, and months later have nothing.

Either you can or shut the fuck up!
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6367|Vancouver

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Tell that to the elitist assholes on youtube that churn out a thousand guitar hero videos a second.  They think they are such tough shit; all the while claiming its justified because they have years of guitar "experience", promise to get some videos of it, and months later have nothing.

Either you can or shut the fuck up!
I have no problem with criticizing those who take the game, as it is, too seriously. But I do have a problem with those who believe there is zero value in the series altogether.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5937|Somewhere out in Space
Wait, who the fuck just gave me karma off that post?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard