superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6773

While we all love CoD4, this is the Thread to Bitch about it:

IMO the worst part is the airstrikes.  Whoever gets the first 5 kill streak gets to drop an airstrike which should kill another 6 people and then he gets a chopper which also kills another 5-6 people.  it just unbalances the game and makes certain things like the 3 grenades way over powered cause they are pretty key to getting that initial 5 kill streak.  result is you'll always get some guy going 50-5 while the next closest is 20-10.

I say screw the airstrike and the chopper, just kill each other and best man wins!
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
The requirements to play without lag.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

I have to agree somewhat, airpower does tend to unbalance the game. They suck especially for me, since I always rush in, kill a couple of guys and die and hardly ever get the required kills for them
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
The way the gap between new people getting kills and experienced members getting kills is bigger. If you've played for a while you get unlocks and stuff to make it even harder for new people with their m16 to get kills.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
i dont understand why people dont just shoot the chopper down :\
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6323|teh alien spaceshit
hey, but that's air power!!
firebolt5
+114|6147

krazed wrote:

Everyone's too busy pwning each other with grenade launchers.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

krazed wrote:

I always like to keep a spare set of RPGs on my back, for those sticky times when choppers roll around. It'll be hard parting ways once I unlock Bandolier; I think I'll relegate the RPGs to my heavy support class.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6303
GL+the bigger explosives+mardom
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

I take rpgs in 2 of my custom kits to take out choppers in team deathmatch/search and destroy/hq.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

Flecco wrote:

I take rpgs in 2 of my custom kits to take out choppers in team deathmatch/search and destroy/hq.
I just shoot it down with mah M60, but maybe thats just me.

Some nub was like "lol, M60 vs chopper good going" and then I blew it up and was like "what now nubsauce" and he didn't answer.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
shoopysean
+11|6127

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I just shoot it down with mah M60, but maybe thats just me.

Some nub was like "lol, M60 vs chopper good going" and then I blew it up and was like "what now nubsauce" and he didn't answer.
I just use my ANY gun lol. If everyone does then it will go down. But, like you say, an LMG will take it down in less than a clip so I prefer that method .
What's your in-game nick, Timaaaah? (Just in case I've seen you in-game sometime)
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

24/7 Shipment servers
Edit: oops sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by Varegg (2007-11-26 03:34:12)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
weasel_thingo
+74|6319
the choppers are weak, airstrikes are gay if FF is off

thing i hate the most is probs martyrdom, you arnt supposed to reward people for dying ffs
if it was more like last stand it would be better though (if killed by explosion, headshot or knife it doesnt work)
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Martyrdom is so easily avoided, just don't run past the guy you just shot ....
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
PureFodder
+225|6277
I thouight it would be better if the airstrike didn't count towards getting another airstrike.

On S&D servers simply get an airstrike and get killed, next round drop it on the enemies spawn, get 5 more kills from that getting another airstrike, die that round, next round drop the airstrike on their spawn..... etc. etc.
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Half the people that get airstrike doesn't even know they can aim so their bombs drop dead center of the map and does little or no damage ...
weasel_thingo
+74|6319

Varegg wrote:

Martyrdom is so easily avoided, just don't run past the guy you just shot ....
i know, i rarely get killed by it, its just it shouldnt be there in the first place
PureFodder
+225|6277

Varegg wrote:

Half the people that get airstrike doesn't even know they can aim so their bombs drop dead center of the map and does little or no damage ...
We are all thankful for these dumb people who provide us with easy kills
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

teamorange wrote:

GL+the bigger explosives+mardom = noob
Fixed
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6253

PureFodder wrote:

I thouight it would be better if the airstrike didn't count towards getting another airstrike.

On S&D servers simply get an airstrike and get killed, next round drop it on the enemies spawn, get 5 more kills from that getting another airstrike, die that round, next round drop the airstrike on their spawn..... etc. etc.
But you die though.
PureFodder
+225|6277

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

But you die though.
Getting 5+ kills per round (and per death) on S&D isn't exactly something to be complaining about. It's worth getting killed to get the next airstrike and the continuation of the airstrike cycle. No death = no more airstrikes.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6440

...nothing.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I have only one complaint: Too short singleplayer....

The MP is so close to perfect i won't bother saying anything bad about it...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland
The worst thing is most of the singleplayer.
It's so scripted that you really don't feel like you're doing anything.
The AI is the worst I've seen in ages aswell.
There are some pretty nice and original missions too though, like the C130 mission.

Haven't played multiplayer yet, but judging by the previous versions it should be much better than the SP.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard